Petrol and diesel prices.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the supermarkets around here are pretty much the same.

The local indies are probably around 6p per litre more expensive and the one of the A303 even higher as are a lot of the ones on the A303.

£1.32 2 weeks ago in Tesco
£1.34 Saturday in Co Op

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm just glad we are building masses of solar farms to power everything electric, never minding that the solar farms used to be crop farms so now we have to import more food because we grow less. Logical.......

D

Deleted member 29109

I'm just glad we are building masses of solar farms to power everything electric, never minding that the solar farms used to be crop farms so now we have to import more food because we grow less. Logical.......

All the solar farms near me are on the land that isn't great for growing stuff.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whatever the source of power, there will be a group of campaigners trying to get it stopped - wind turbines spoil the view on land, cables kill fish in the sea, tidal power upsets migrating salmon, and don’t even mention a nuclear power station next door! Some people are never happy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Filled up the juggernaut after my as economical as possible trip to southampton

400 miles £48 .. blimey

Half a tank, the small car would be under £10 lol but hey was very roomy

D

Deleted member 29109

400 miles £48 .. blimey

Probably cheaper than using public transport.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm very very lucky that I have a company fuel card and don't really care about the price of fuel, it's just a necessity for me. I sometimes even fill up at a motorway services for a bit of a laugh ?

D

Deleted member 29109

I’d prefer to see produce growing over solar farms. Perhaps if we stopped the drive to electrify the world we would be able to feed ourselves without having to import what we used to grow.

Many solar farms are built on land that isn't great for growing. All of the solar farms near me are built where crop yields made farming the land uneconomical. Now the land is put to good use.

What should we do instead of electrification?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many solar farms are built on land that isn't great for growing. All of the solar farms near me are built where crop yields made farming the land uneconomical. Now the land is put to good use.

What should we do instead of electrification?
We don’t build houses on farm land(or not normally) but we build solar farms instead of paying the farmers a respectable amount for their produce.

How about we look beyond electrification.

D

Deleted member 29109

We don’t build houses on farm land(or not normally) but we build solar farms instead of paying the farmers a respectable amount for their produce.

How about we look beyond electrification.

Like I said. The land used round these parts is not worth farming. It does not matter how much is paid for the produce if it does not grow in the first place.

What should we look to beyond electrification?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

400 miles £48 .. blimey

My standard is £55 for 230 odd miles although most of that is pootling round. Off to Cornwall tomorrow which is about as economical as the motor gets unless we spend all day sat on the A303....

4LEX

Visit site

400 miles £48 .. blimey

What is the 'juggernaut' if you don't mind me asking? Only 400 miles for £48 seems really good value to me :unsure:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is the 'juggernaut' if you don't mind me asking? Only 400 miles for £48 seems really good value to me :unsure:

It is when you drive incredibly slow lol

It ranges .. £35 got me 170 miles last time out as was town driving

Seat Alhambra

It is good but when your used to 50 miles a day at a cost of £1 I've got used to that