Personal range monitors.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was more curious if the info and feedback he received was worth £5.00 per week. VFM is hard when it comes to the hobby, but if he’s working in something that he can see live results on then that has to be vfm

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I guess everyone carries an anemometer so they can calculate windage.

My X40 provides enough distance information on the actual course as I need on the day.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I was more curious if the info and feedback he received was worth £5.00 per week. VFM is hard when it comes to the hobby, but if he’s working in something that he can see live results on then that has to be vfm

Yeah as value for money its been worth it, the point i was making was that i may have spent 2k on a mevo+ expecting to use it every day, but owning the R10 has proven just how quickly you get bored of hitting into a net....

Ive been trying to improve ball speed, and i get oretty constant numbers for that, so while its not helped improvement it has at least confirmed it...

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah as value for money its been worth it, the point i was making was that i may have spent 2k on a mevo+ expecting to use it every day, but owning the R10 has proven just how quickly you get bored of hitting into a net....

Ive been trying to improve ball speed, and i get oretty constant numbers for that, so while its not helped improvement it has at least confirmed it...

It’s ironic as I was looking at the mevo+ against the r10 etc, mine will not get used in a net but more so on the range so I guess the monitor will pick up the ball easier. I’m interested to see what people are using on the range.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Does the R10 pick up yellow balls? I’ve seen reports the some LMs don’t.

Albo

Visit site
I use the R10 at the range. I used to have the Mevo, but find the R10 has more data points, so sold the Mevo and went R10.

Its pretty easy to set up and useful for my level of golf, use it maybe once a week or so.
Have no problems picking up the ball fight and recent upgrades have made it better still. It misses the odd one or 2, especially if i catch it out of the toe and it turns over left, it almost always misses those and has them staying left, but i can take that.
Only real issue I have is under the lights it's not as accurate at night at the range with the range lights on

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the R10 at the range. I used to have the Mevo, but find the R10 has more data points, so sold the Mevo and went R10.

Its pretty easy to set up and useful for my level of golf, use it maybe once a week or so.
Have no problems picking up the ball fight and recent upgrades have made it better still. It misses the odd one or 2, especially if i catch it out of the toe and it turns over left, it almost always misses those and has them staying left, but i can take that.
Only real issue I have is under the lights it's not as accurate at night at the range with the range lights on

Helpful, thanks.

Toying with getting a R10 ??

Springveldt

Visit site
So a year down the line , how are people getting in with the r10’s?

Never seen the rapsodo so interested in reviews but the crunch question is are there any new movers and shakers in this category?

I had a lesson tonight and I’m convinced it was the mevo+ unit we were using as the main studio was in use, seeing the changes in ball speed and AoA really helped.

Time to invest but in which one?

A big plus point for me is one that measures AoA, as this has always been an area of weakness.
I've had my Rapsodo for 8 months now and used it once. Just don't have the time to get the practice area or range and been too lazy to clean the garage out and set a net up in there.

If I can get out my bed on Saturday and get to the practice area before my tee time I might use it then.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had my Rapsodo for 8 months now and used it once. Just don't have the time to get the practice area or range and been too lazy to clean the garage out and set a net up in there.

If I can get out my bed on Saturday and get to the practice area before my tee time I might use it then.

It’s a shame it doesn’t cover attack angles.

Last edited:

jmcp

Visit site
So a year down the line , how are people getting in with the r10’s?

Never seen the rapsodo so interested in reviews but the crunch question is are there any new movers and shakers in this category?

I had a lesson tonight and I’m convinced it was the mevo+ unit we were using as the main studio was in use, seeing the changes in ball speed and AoA really helped.

Time to invest but in which one?

A big plus point for me is one that measures AoA, as this has always been an area of weakness.

Bit late to this but have a look at this review of the Mevo +.
, my son recently bought one and he is really impressed with it, there is also an optional upgrade that you can pay for that gives you a lot of different club face/path type data.

Cheers, John

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm toying with the Garmin R10 or mevo at the moment.... Part of me is saying waste of money, part of me is saying useful tool..... I'm buying a house this year and want a simulator setup at home, so justifying it that way also.

Not sure if to pull the trigger or not.

Albo

Visit site
I'm toying with the Garmin R10 or mevo at the moment.... Part of me is saying waste of money, part of me is saying useful tool..... I'm buying a house this year and want a simulator setup at home, so justifying it that way also.

Not sure if to pull the trigger or not.
Assuming the Mevo+ for a sim not the normal Mevo as you can't virtual golf on that.

R10 is less money than the Mevo+ by some way, ive not used the Mevo+ though so cant talk to its ability or accuracy, but used to have a Mevo which was v accurate (once had it at the range at my club and the pro was there with his trackman, side by side measuring the same shots they were within a yard of each other and I think with 8i was withing 60rpm backspin too).
The R10 is great and im glad I made the move for more ball direction and virtual golf abilities.

Have you also looked at Skytrac? Similar price to the Mevo+

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve bought a PRGR just to check on my carry numbers at the range. Easy to use and relatively cheap.
Interesting as thinking of buying one too. I also think you can use them with Speedsticks. Hows the accuracy and what stats does it give you?

Jason.H

Visit site
Interesting as thinking of buying one too. I also think you can use them with Speedsticks. Hows the accuracy and what stats does it give you?
https://www.golfmonthly.com/reviews/accessories/prgr-portable-launch-monitor-review
You can just swing without hitting a ball for swing speed. Personally I’ve worked my average carry and marker penned onto the back of my irons. Then at the range I just check my stock shot is on the number, get a feel for that. Hoping this season I’ll get down to very low single figures.

G1z1

Visit site
I use the r10 for my sim, great device. Was mostly using it to play all my local courses but recently after some lessons and trying to cure my over the top swing path the r10 has helped me massively. Been spending 30 mins a few days a week on the r10 driving range just focusing on the swing path, so for me the r10 has been great and I did buy the r10 with the intention of possibly upgrading to the skytrack down the line but I don’t see any need to upgrade. The r10 provides a lot of stats and it shows very similar numbers to trackman that I get my lessons on.