Personal range monitors.

Roctar

Visit site
I got ES14, had it for a few years now, it’s had a software update and works fine, apart from the odd one it doesn’t capture. I’ve shanked one or two and never hit the device. It just gives basic info, you have to input club lofts and altitude as well but it does me.
When they brought the newer version out (ES B1 I think) that stands behind you I was disappointed that there wasn’t more advanced readings to it so wasn’t worth the upgrade. But just checked out that new garmin R10 and looks very good and seems the tech is getting better and cheaper for those who can’t afford the hefty price of the big boys.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
R10 looks really interesting. Will be waiting to see how accurate it is, but if accuracy is comparable to Skytrak / Mevo+ then they just killed those products at their £1800 price point.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Really tempted to pre-order one, but seems too good to true at that price point for the stats it gives. Waiting for the Mygolfspy review to go up and the join the waiting list ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arrived today

Annoyingly it’s come as I am hanging out my arse after Covid jab no2 and my arms on fire ?

Typical.
2nd jab blues should be sorted today! Couple of gentle swings and see what you get ?

I have the G80, I used it through lock down as a sim and really enjoyed it ( see review section). I don’t believe the distances in the warm up section. Got a reading of a ball speed of 143 mph and total distance of 249 and carry of 226 .. which is cobblers. As carry should be around 238-243 and roll will be what it will be. Surprisingly the sim section differs in the carry yardages even when you turn off the roll.
Got my eye on the R10 as I have now got a good home portable set up and this means I can pop out at lunch time hit some balls and be confident about shot shape.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2nd jab blues should be sorted today! Couple of gentle swings and see what you get ?

I have the G80, I used it through lock down as a sim and really enjoyed it ( see review section). I don’t believe the distances in the warm up section. Got a reading of a ball speed of 143 mph and total distance of 249 and carry of 226 .. which is cobblers. As carry should be around 238-243 and roll will be what it will be. Surprisingly the sim section differs in the carry yardages even when you turn off the roll.
Got my eye on the R10 as I have now got a good home portable set up and this means I can pop out at lunch time hit some balls and be confident about shot shape.

Afraid that whilst the post covid jab blues remains, I’ve also got the B&Q blues today mate…. ☹️

I’ll get out tomorrow though and take It to the range with me.

I know my distances ok currently as have lessons using a trackman.

I’ll report back with a ball flight and shape fag packet accuracy test tomorrow. ??

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Going to be interesting to see head to head reviews on the bushnell verses R10. I’ll be pulling the trigger around October ready for the winter work.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I read somewhere it could be $4000.
That’s where the linked article is .. but the question is will it want to compete with skytrack or be sitting alone - if so it won’t be a big seller. They have to distinguish themselves at the different price points. The R10 at £500-600 has put a marker in the sand for that.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The difference between the upcoming Bushnell Foresight one, and many of those mentioned on here so far, is that it is not radar but camera based. So you won't have to have a certain amount of distance for the device behind the ball or in front of it. That is a big win for them in my opinion.

The GolfSpy article suggests it will cost $2k, but I would be surprised if true. Whilst it will likely be priced higher than Skytrak, if it is clearly better and not that much more expensive, I can see plenty of people paying extra for it...

Springveldt

Visit site
The bushnell, foresight one is an interesting pitch.

They could overnight change the industry if it was £1000.
No way Foresight will be looking at jeopardizing GC Quad sales though so I can't see them pricing this thing any less than a SkyTrack, it will be a straight competitor to that imho.

Had my Rapsodo for over a month now and not even used it once, what a purchase that was. :) Really need to get my net set up and try it out at some point.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
No way Foresight will be looking at jeopardizing GC Quad sales though so I can't see them pricing this thing any less than a SkyTrack, it will be a straight competitor to that imho.

Had my Rapsodo for over a month now and not even used it once, what a purchase that was. :) Really need to get my net set up and try it out at some point.

Why not, they would easily sell, 20 times as many at £1000.

If its sky trak money, then they're just in the mix with mevo + and skytrack? Which though successful, are hardly setting the golf world alight?

If its much more accurate than skytrack/mevo plus, then they are already jeopardising gc quad sales anyway.

I think they should go so cheap that its reasonable consideration to just play indoor golf and never join a club!

They would sell so many, charge for subscriptions to courses (already mapped by bushnell) and hey presto, perfect ongoing business.