PaulW4701

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Many of you will be sad to hear that Paul Walter has passed away, he had been ill for some time.

As an artisan member at Swinley Forest, I have lost count of the number of forummers whom he has hosted over the years.

Even though he was obviously very frail, he managed to attend the last H4H day at Hayling Island and it was good to see him.

He was a lovely guy and will be very sorely missed

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I wasn't aware that he'd been unwell and am shocked and saddened to read this.

Paul was kind enough to host me, along with many others, at Swinley Forest and I'll always remember the day and the pride he felt in the artisan section and its own clubhouse.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah man. Hosted me a couple of years ago. I knew he was undergoing some treatment, but not heard anything for a while.

great guy.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really saddened to get news of his passing this morning. He was a lovely person and I have very fond memories of the times we played golf together. He was rightly very proud of his club, he loved it, gave a lot to it, and made everyone very welcome. He was a real charming person who, in recollection, was never observed without a beaming and infectious smile. Great guy.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just heard the terrible news from Lincoln quaker (Glyn).

Likewise, Paul kindly hosted me, Glyn and Birchy at Swinley a few years ago due to us organising a few of the big meets at the time. The invite came out of the blue, and we all had a great day. Paul's company and a few bevvies in the artisan's clubhouse with him added to the day.

I enjoyed it that much that I successfully bid (along with 2 mates) for a hosted 3 ball at Swinley again with Paul, which again was a great day out.

A great, really down to earth guy he will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family, as well as his friends, some of who may still be on here.

D

Deleted member 1147

Lovely bloke, he hosted a few of us, and as others have said was so proud of the course/club, and of course what must have been the cheapest pint in any club in the south
His stories of bands/musicians were brilliant - a real raconteur.
Very sad

D

Deleted member 17920

Absolutely gutted to hear the news about Paul, we had exchanged messages only recently about him coming over to Woodhall and I am really sad that I never got to return the favour as we had been to Swinley numerous times with the lads from Royal Troon and Woodhall.

Paul was a true gent and nothing will take away the passion he had for the artisans club there.

RIP Paul, you will missed.