Great Lesson today

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The margins are so close that such a small change with such a big result must be a little shocking. If there is one thing you know for sure you ball will have done in the past is move from right to leftt.... Usually a lot! If the changes stick you have a fair bit of visualisation changes to make.

Persinaly I have always loved your 15 yard draw :)

let eat me know if you want to borrow the Swingbyte2, if not I'll flog it.

Yeah wouldnt mind a borrow of the swingbyte for the next few weeks if you dont mind, thanks :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Impressive resume - seems to have done very well in a relatively short period :thup:

Yes, and comes across even better in the flesh imo. Very personable and very good at communicating his understanding and ideas which is always a huge part of the battle when talking to pro golfers for me (some are excellent but cant get their point across). He has decent facilities there and plans to take it forward too, just a shame not a little closer location wise

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes, and comes across even better in the flesh imo. Very personable and very good at communicatingve his understanding and ideas which is always a huge part of the battle when talking to pro golfers for me (some are excellent but cant get their point across). He has decent facilities there and plans to take it forward too, just a shame not a little closer location wise

Have you tried Steve over at Beds and County or Sam at Bedford ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Went back to the F of A today, to revisit the previous lesson with Alistair pre lunch and then for a group pitching lesson afterwards.

In the morning lesson, we initially reviewed where we had left last time and the drills I had been working on. Trackman quickly identified the progress that I had made, I was quite happy that the path had gone from 9 degrees in to out to 2 dgerees in to out but Alistair wanted more and by the end of the hour it was all but neutral! Once again I learnt a couple of areas that minor improvements could be made on and what differerence they would make to my game and some drills to work on to get there. We worked a lot on the driver and building up my confidence so that I can pull it out more often.

The afternoon maybe the best value for money teaching experience I will ever undertake. A group pitching session, £50 each, 4 of us, for 3 hours. Initially we did a skills test, 4 different stations, hitting 2 shots from each and going round 5 times to get a baseline score (4 points for holing it, 2 points inside 3ft, 1 point inside 6ft). During this we each took some time out to hit some longer pitches, all on trackman and high speed video.

We then reviewed the trackman data and also the video footage to identify the best areas to improve and what areas most needed working on. Then we went back outside and were given various coaching and drills to work on to improve. From there we then revisted our worst stations (I went from scoring 4 to 10 on mine!) and everyone made big improvements, even the +1 handicapper (who wouldnt sell me his short game!!!)

The session ended with some general advice and also a small session on process (mainly driven by my lack of one and desire to hit it too quickly!) As far as coaching sessions go, its as good as Ive ever had, on an excellent practise facility with a coach who is an great teacher and even better communicator! If youre looking for some sessions and near enough then I would highly recommend Alistair and his sessions, especially the group sessions if looking for value for money

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went back to the F of A today, to revisit the previous lesson with Alistair pre lunch and then for a group pitching lesson afterwards.

In the morning lesson, we initially reviewed where we had left last time and the drills I had been working on. Trackman quickly identified the progress that I had made, I was quite happy that the path had gone from 9 degrees in to out to 2 dgerees in to out but Alistair wanted more and by the end of the hour it was all but neutral! Once again I learnt a couple of areas that minor improvements could be made on and what differerence they would make to my game and some drills to work on to get there. We worked a lot on the driver and building up my confidence so that I can pull it out more often.

The afternoon maybe the best value for money teaching experience I will ever undertake. A group pitching session, £50 each, 4 of us, for 3 hours. Initially we did a skills test, 4 different stations, hitting 2 shots from each and going round 5 times to get a baseline score (4 points for holing it, 2 points inside 3ft, 1 point inside 6ft). During this we each took some time out to hit some longer pitches, all on trackman and high speed video.

We then reviewed the trackman data and also the video footage to identify the best areas to improve and what areas most needed working on. Then we went back outside and were given various coaching and drills to work on to improve. From there we then revisted our worst stations (I went from scoring 4 to 10 on mine!) and everyone made big improvements, even the +1 handicapper (who wouldnt sell me his short game!!!)

The session ended with some general advice and also a small session on process (mainly driven by my lack of one and desire to hit it too quickly!) As far as coaching sessions go, its as good as Ive ever had, on an excellent practise facility with a coach who is an great teacher and even better communicator! If youre looking for some sessions and near enough then I would highly recommend Alistair and his sessions, especially the group sessions if looking for value for money

Sounds fantastic. I wish we had someone and something as decent within driveable distance. Looking for big things from you for the second part of the season now.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great reviews and I'm at FoA next Monday and have enquired about Trackman long game session. Always good to get a fresh pair of eyes and 2nd opinion.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great reviews and I'm at FoA next Monday and have enquired about Trackman long game session. Always good to get a fresh pair of eyes and 2nd opinion.

Does seem some great workshop here as fundy has found out.

@fundy: Good to see the hard work paying off and great feedback from your sessions.
Did you take the combine test and make the leaderboard?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Set up is excellent 3565, Alistair has trackman and high speed video in his teaching bay so you get both on each shot as you go through the lesson then a trackman report at the end. Helps that Alistair a very good teacher too imo

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Set up is excellent 3565, Alistair has trackman and high speed video in his teaching bay so you get both on each shot as you go through the lesson then a trackman report at the end. Helps that Alistair a very good teacher too imo

I see he's tweeted there is a space available sat 26th july.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorted Fundy, got memory stick attached to car key, for a one to one with Alistair on Monday on Trackman, looking forward to it. I might take the hardest instruction book on golf of all time for him to shed light on it, The Golfing Machine.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I can vouch on Fundys recommendation for Alistair Davis academy. I had my session with him last month and as Fundy says he talks to you and asks what you want to get out of the session with him. I had already pre sent a video of my swing for him to look at and he replied that their was some good things going on. After a chat about my game, my thoughts my weaknesses he said that he has a full team working beside him on all aspects of the game psycology physiology bio mechanics and that he could assign any to me if I so wish at any point.

Onto the lesson and after hitting a few six irons, which wasn't that great to me, he said that he would like to concentrate on my set up bio mechanically and get me into a more stronger position at address, less round shoulder but more importantly my hips were not setting correctly at address as on my backswing my right hip is higher then my left. The strain on the lower part of my back was intense but from having lesson most of my playing life I knew this felt right. The other thing Alistair wanted was a bit more width on the backswing to. Instantly the ball flight was better and stronger then before and he suggested to implement a routine to incorporate the changes to which I have done.

With the changes there was instant improvement on Trackman. My ball speed increased by 3mph, club path went from 1.1 to 0.2, spin rate went up over 500rpms, smash factor to 1.39, carry went from 170 to 175 all averages . Since this lesson and practising the new posture routine, I've shot my 2 lowest rounds of a very poor year for me and if you've not already know by now, I've won our club champs shooting 72 in very blustery conditions. I'm more confident with what I'm being taught by my regular coach and the subtle changes Alistair made that I'll have no quibbles in travelling the 2+ hrs for any of his services every 3 months or so.

So with the set up he has at Arden will be first class he has a vision and he has numerous packages for small groups like Fundy said.
With that, my thanks to Fundy for his review and recommendation cos if I didn't read it, I wouldn't be our club champion now. Cheers Fundy.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can vouch on Fundys recommendation for Alistair Davis academy. I had my session with him last month and as Fundy says he talks to you and asks what you want to get out of the session with him. I had already pre sent a video of my swing for him to look at and he replied that their was some good things going on. After a chat about my game, my thoughts my weaknesses he said that he has a full team working beside him on all aspects of the game psycology physiology bio mechanics and that he could assign any to me if I so wish at any point.

Onto the lesson and after hitting a few six irons, which wasn't that great to me, he said that he would like to concentrate on my set up bio mechanically and get me into a more stronger position at address, less round shoulder but more importantly my hips were not setting correctly at address as on my backswing my right hip is higher then my left. The strain on the lower part of my back was intense but from having lesson most of my playing life I knew this felt right. The other thing Alistair wanted was a bit more width on the backswing to. Instantly the ball flight was better and stronger then before and he suggested to implement a routine to incorporate the changes to which I have done.

With the changes there was instant improvement on Trackman. My ball speed increased by 3mph, club path went from 1.1 to 0.2, spin rate went up over 500rpms, smash factor to 1.39, carry went from 170 to 175 all averages . Since this lesson and practising the new posture routine, I've shot my 2 lowest rounds of a very poor year for me and if you've not already know by now, I've won our club champs shooting 72 in very blustery conditions. I'm more confident with what I'm being taught by my regular coach and the subtle changes Alistair made that I'll have no quibbles in travelling the 2+ hrs for any of his services every 3 months or so.

So with the set up he has at Arden will be first class he has a vision and he has numerous packages for small groups like Fundy said.
With that, my thanks to Fundy for his review and recommendation cos if I didn't read it, I wouldn't be our club champion now. Cheers Fundy.

Great read 3565, glad its worked for you with Alistair and congrats on club champs!!!!! :)

Ive come down from 7 to 6 since I started but Im still working hard on making the changes totally natural (Ive gone from a swing path that was 9 degrees in to out to one that is all but neutral!) feel much better over the ball and since the last session now have a much better appreciation of what Im trying to do when pitching (albeit I have plenty of practise to do still) and actually feel like I can pull the driver too!

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fundy was this a lesson or a workshop? i like the idea of this so I'm going to look into it further, it's ideal as FOA is only ten minutes up the road from me.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fundy was this a lesson or a workshop? i like the idea of this so I'm going to look into it further, it's ideal as FOA is only ten minutes up the road from me.

Ive actually done both now lal lucha. Initially did the trackman workshop but have since had a check up lesson for an hour and then the pitching workshop.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ive actually done both now lal lucha. Initially did the trackman workshop but have since had a check up lesson for an hour and then the pitching workshop.

Sorry about all these questions, would you recommend the workshop as the best place to start with Alastair?