Paul Casey, is he too negative?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
He looks nervous! And not in a good way!

Unlike the solidly aggressive approach he had yesterday!

Needs a birdie or 2 to settle him - and quite soon! The back 9 has not been particularly kind to him!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great golfer and loved oks to be finding form again, however, he is apparently one of the most disliked pros on tour as he is so far up his own jacksie

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Paul Casey, my favourite player - just enjoy watching him play and strike a ball!

He always walks round with a smile and looks like he actually enjoys being there, which is more than you can say about a lot of players out there.

Was watching him last night when he went down from 12 to 10 under and he just took it in his stride and didn't let it get to him. That's not the actions of a player that can't handle the pressure, as some have suggested on here.

In lots of, no, every tournament, where players are in contention and then during the 3rd or 4th round just fall away, it's natural and just happens all the time.

I don't agree with him being arrogant towards others and always think back to when he played a practice round at East Sussex National and my mates son walked round with him and Patrick Levet. "He was great fun and a really nice guy", were the words my mates son used.

So get off his back and give him a break and enjoy the fact that he is British!

:thup:

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A few holes remain to prove he is not a bottler - according to SKY yesterday he is top 10 scoring wise in rounds 1-3 on the PGA tour this year and circa 70th for round 4 scoring.

Been in contention or close a few times and currently following the same path.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good old proper choke from Casey - blowing a three shot lead and going to be dropping more. Quite happy to see him not winning - heard enough from people about what he is like.

D

Deleted member 15344

I am sure he doesn't give a hoot what you think.

I’m sure that’s valid for every single persons opinion of him on here which ever way it is - or indeed any persons opinion on any golfer but then that’s never stopped anyone else posting their opinion about a golfers has it :rolleyes:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good old proper choke from Casey - blowing a three shot lead and going to be dropping more. Quite happy to see him not winning - heard enough from people about what he is like.

What a terrible post! I hate posts like this - part of the reason why I dont often post these days.

What has he done to you? Have you met him, spoken to him?

For a fellow golfer to wish that on another is just not sportsmanlike.

D

Deleted member 15344

What a terrible post! I hate posts like this - part of the reason why I dont often post these days.

What has he done to you? Have you met him, spoken to him?

For a fellow golfer to wish that on another is just not sportsmanlike.

Welcome to sports - some people have favourite golfers that they want to see win , some people have golfers that they aren’t fans of and they don’t want them to win.

I’m not a fan of Casey - I don’t like the way he threw his teddies out over the 2010 RC , then came crawling back to the ET when he lost his PGA card - won on the ET got an invite and got PGA card back - complained like mad about he RC Qualifying so they changed it to help him and then he threw in his ET membership- happy to see him over there and not involved in the RC and I’m happy that he won’t win the Fed Ex

And have spoken to plenty who have met him including people who work on the ET and have all said the same thing about him and non of it complementary. If you like him again that’s your choice just as it’s mine not to like him and prefer someone else wins

D

Deleted member 18588

Welcome to sports - some people have favourite golfers that they want to see win , some people have golfers that they aren’t fans of and they don’t want them to win.

I’m not a fan of Casey - I don’t like the way he threw his teddies out over the 2010 RC , then came crawling back to the ET when he lost his PGA card - won on the ET got an invite and got PGA card back - complained like mad about he RC Qualifying so they changed it to help him and then he threw in his ET membership- happy to see him over there and not involved in the RC and I’m happy that he won’t win the Fed Ex

And have spoken to plenty who have met him including people who work on the ET and have all said the same thing about him and non of it complementary. If you like him again that’s your choice just as it’s mine not to like him and prefer someone else wins

And I am happy that he doesn't waste his time playing on a Mickey Mouse tour in Europe.

As for the Ryder Cup, that loses credibility with each Captain's Picks.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Well only 3 players scored worse than him in the final round. he certainly has some last round issues he needs to get help dealing with if he wants to win some major tournaments, of course he might just be happy winning millions every year.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well only 3 players scored worse than him in the final round. he certainly has some last round issues he needs to get help dealing with if he wants to win some major tournaments, of course he might just be happy winning millions every year.

Nail well and truly hit on head. :thup:

Visit site
I don't think it helps that commentators and interviewers have been pointing out his round 4 stats all week. He was probably already under a lot of pressure, sign-posting that he might be a bottler doesn't exactly make it any easier. I'll never be in their position but I'd feel under more pressure thinking peers and competitors were thinking me a bottler on day 4 than winning another couple of million.

For some reason, I've never quite taken to Casey but in the last few weeks, I've warmed a bit to him. Always very happy and relaxed in interviews and speaks well so I felt bad he crumbled a bit yesterday.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
What a great life he has made for himself over in the US. He might not have got over the line but he's flying the flag week in week out. There can only be one winner and to compete with the worlds best is good enough for me. Considering the competition that's come to fore in the last two or three years I think he's doing very well. Behind casey......Koepka, Finau, Speith, Rahm, Garcia, Kuchar, Rose, Simpson, Reed, Burger, Matsuyama...what happened to him. Fowler...what happened to him. Leishman the man on form finished near the bottom. Add to that the top players who didn't even make the last 30.

Yip, in my book Casey is doing just fine.

U

User62651

Remember him winning in Texas many years back, holding off home favourite JB Holmes for the win. Injuries set him back a bit. Excellent player for a long number of years. He's just had a baby daughter and he's 40 now so I don't think he'll be that disappointed at playing (or scorng) badly yesterday. Not obsessed with golf, enoys snowboarding and other things away from the course which may carry some risks which for me is healthy.
I quite like him and think the whole European Team selection for Ryder Cup trying to force players to play on the ET instead of where they want in the US is very flawed and should be scrapped. ET is a feeder tour now, punched above it's weight for a while through the 90s. Without the 3 or 4 UAE/Qatar big money events it would considerably lessened more. A lot of very poorly attended diddy tournaments, just the way it is.
Saw talk over the weekend of the PGA and ET tours getting merged, think that would be good.

D

Deleted member 15344

What a great life he has made for himself over in the US. He might not have got over the line but he's flying the flag week in week out. There can only be one winner and to compete with the worlds best is good enough for me. Considering the competition that's come to fore in the last two or three years I think he's doing very well. Behind casey......Koepka, Finau, Speith, Rahm, Garcia, Kuchar, Rose, Simpson, Reed, Burger, Matsuyama...what happened to him. Fowler...what happened to him. Leishman the man on form finished near the bottom. Add to that the top players who didn't even make the last 30.

Yip, in my book Casey is doing just fine.

A lot of those players you named in fact prob all of them have managed to win on Tour in the past 2 years - Casey hasn’t won over there since 2009 - 8 years now , yep earning plenty money with place finishes. Yep he competes but doesn’t win.

D

Deleted member 15344

Remember him winning in Texas many years back, holding off home favourite JB Holmes for the win. Injuries set him back a bit. Excellent player for a long number of years. He's just had a baby daughter and he's 40 now so I don't think he'll be that disappointed at playing (or scorng) badly yesterday. Not obsessed with golf, enoys snowboarding and other things away from the course which may carry some risks which for me is healthy.
I quite like him and think the whole European Team selection for Ryder Cup trying to force players to play on the ET instead of where they want in the US is very flawed and should be scrapped. ET is a feeder tour now, punched above it's weight for a while through the 90s. Without the 3 or 4 UAE/Qatar big money events it would considerably lessened more. A lot of very poorly attended diddy tournaments, just the way it is.
Saw talk over the weekend of the PGA and ET tours getting merged, think that would be good.

Merging the tours would be the worst thing for the ET. All the players would just play in the US events where the sponsorship is higher to allow bigger prize money.

Why should the RC change - if players want to represent Europe and the ET who administer the European RC then they should support the ET , it’s not exactly a hardship for them and the European Team has been more than fine with the way it does Selection - right now the one player missing out is Casey and Europe have been fine without him. Changing everything would be the start of the downfall and we in this country would see the top European players once - The Open , they aren’t going to come over for any other event