Paul Casey, is he too negative?

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Met him a few times and he has always come across as a pretty decent bloke. Granted, they've only been fleeting encounters.

As for the snap decisions bit, did see Patrick Reed on practise day at The Open this year. What a change in perception I have of him. From what I'd heard and read I had the impression he was a brash and abrasive typical yank. In reality he was nice, down to earth and was brilliant with my baby daughter. Signed a few things for us, stopped and chatted for about a minute (doesn't sound long but seemed like much longer as it was in between holes). Then when he passed us on the next hole he stopped in the fairway, saw who it was and waved at us shouting my daughters name. Simple touch that made her laugh and made me a new Patrick Reed fan.

Think that there's still a bit of resentment that he wasn't picked for 2010 even though he was 9th in the word at the time. I can kind of see it his way though, for some the Ryder Cup is not the be all and end all of golf and there are other things he may want to focus on instead.

I've heard exactly the same thing about Patrick Reed. Couldn't be nicer, by all accounts.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw him on a practice round at Wentworth a few years back being totally obnoxious to the Marshalls. I'm surprised they let home get away with it cos I'd have told him in no uncertain terms what I thought of him had he spoken to me like he did them

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've heard exactly the same thing about Patrick Reed. Couldn't be nicer, by all accounts.

I bumped into Patrick Reed at the London Club, just him and me and I have to say he was very polite indeed. (I had found his ball)

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Bit harsh some of the comments on here about Casey,the guy can really play BUT does struggle when the pressure's on,he needs to overcome this and he would easily be world top 10,just wonder if the daft comments he said about American's years ago still plays on his mind,apparently these comments he regrettably made had quite an effect on him and at the time he sought professional help.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite like him now. Anyone that can provoke responses such as on this thread is clearly someone quite interesting. His Missus is a stunner too. Come' on Casey!!

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorry to disagree with the majority but we met Casey at the Open practise day this year and he was sound. Stopped chatted and took the time for pictures etc. He seemed a nice guy

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Casey won’t win this, he won’t even be leading after today.
I like watching him, good player, plays some good stuff but just doesn’t have the stones in my opinion to break from his comfort zone.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Happily so, I’d like to see him go on to win, as I said I like watching him he just doesn’t seem to be able to close it out.
Give me a break, jeez 😬

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Certainly won’t be easy for him but if he could close it out it would hopefully give him the boost to go on and win more, he certainly has the golf game it’s just maybe the mental toughness but a win could help him sort that.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Casey's got a really good chance to win this with the two guys behind him players you wouldnt really call golfing superstars,BUT he does really struggle to close out a tournament even with a lead,it will be an interesting watch this evening.