Patrick Reed feud continues......

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like Reed more and more every time I watch him.

I’ll take Reed over any poster boy all day long, love the visible drive, passion & ambition to win.

Nuff said 😜

Amen brother 👍👍

It's like a fishwives knitting circle in here sometimes.

Most on here don't know the stuff Tiger got up to. He blandly apologised for what he got caught doing and everyone fell over and licked his boots. Plenty of "rumours" about Mickelson. People can't wait to blow him. But Reed has a series of unproven rumours and he's hung, drawn and quartered by the mob. Piss poor.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Amen brother 👍👍

Most on here don't know the stuff Tiger got up to. He blandly apologised for what he got caught doing and everyone fell over and licked his boots. Plenty of "rumours" about Mickelson. People can't wait to blow him. But Reed has a series of unproven rumours and he's hung, drawn and quartered by the mob. Piss poor.

Everyone fell over and licked his boots?
Did they really tho?
Plenty of Tiger haters about mate.
I’ve seen plenty of support & plenty of criticism for Reed.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everyone fell over and licked his boots?
Did they really tho?
Plenty of Tiger haters about mate.
I’ve seen plenty of support & plenty of criticism for Reed.

You have seen the media coverage of Tiger's return? If they could get any further up his backside they'd be drowning in stomach acid.

I have no issue with Tiger by the way. I just find it amusing what people are prepared to forgive when it's a player they like. I think there's a word for it that starts with hyp....

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You have seen the media coverage of Tiger's return? If they could get any further up his backside they'd be drowning in stomach acid.

I have no issue with Tiger by the way. I just find it amusing what people are prepared to forgive when it's a player they like. I think there's a word for it that starts with hyp....

Totally agree.
But also look at the crowds that follow Tigers group.
That’s why he gets so much coverage,he’s still the biggest name in golf.
Personally I’d rather see who ever is in contention.
But like last week we had the usual posters moaning about Tiger,yet when they kept showing Mickelson hacking it around no comments.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally agree.
But also look at the crowds that follow Tigers group.
That’s why he gets so much coverage,he’s still the biggest name in golf.
Personally I’d rather see who ever is in contention.
But like last week we had the usual posters moaning about Tiger,yet when they kept showing Mickelson hacking it around no comments.

Agreed. It's just that I thought the way the media went after Reed on the biggest day of his life was disgusting. It was like they enjoyed ruining it for him. I hope he wins plenty more Majors and really makes them suck lemons.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Agreed. It's just that I thought the way the media went after Reed on the biggest day of his life was disgusting. It was like they enjoyed ruining it for him. I hope he wins plenty more Majors and really makes them suck lemons.

Lots of people were saying the same thing on Twitter how pathetic it was.

I can certainly see him winning more majors in the future.
I’m actually looking forward to watching him in the Ryder Cup.
Would be nice to see Rory beat him tho 😁

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

As others have said, there are those that seemed set of presenting a jaundiced and prejudiced view of Reed and his behaviour, rumours etc almost ahead of recognising his achievement on Sunday. Some quarters have written excellent pieces around the whole Masters weekend which for me was one of the best in memory. I have to admit, I can't warm to Reed but I recognise what he achieved and am pleased he succeeded as the quality of his golf deserved a green jacket.

I was (and still am) a huge Faldo fan, and even when he was hitting the headlines for his off course dalliances it didn't make any difference to me as he as was still producing on the course. Similar with Woods. I thought he was an idiot for what he did, and his apology was embarrassing but until injury hit, I still loved watching him play. Still do and I'm enjoying the comeback

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Amen brother 👍👍

Correct......

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
what makes me laugh about all these journos is that they seem to think they are the only ones bringing up his past misdameanors when every man jack is doing the same dam thing. I think anyone who has an interest in golf knows or knew all about Patrick before the masters.
lets just praise the guy for his excellant win ,just like we did when Sergio won last year .
did anyone pick on him and his dummy spitting antics that he has shown in the past no of course not ,so because Reed has surrounded himself with a wall that most cant see over he is torn to bits by the blind.
give it a rest.

Visit site
These journalists are regurgitating the same old stuff about him, there's nothing new really. Who really knows about what happened with his family. Unless you know for sure what happened I say you can't judge him.

I like the guy, love his competitiveness and the way he has worked so hard and been so focused. It's an example for people in anything they do.

It's been a bit odd to read all these articles, as a fan I'm just happy for him.

D

Deleted member 1147

It strikes me that they wanted Rory to win, but since he blew it they’ll try to take the gloss off Reed’s big day!

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Without sounding rude, you’re missing the point a bit, the articles are all old news, none of it is new or not already in the public domain, therefore, journalists had a choice, talk about the Masters and his performance and speculate on his potential, or, take the lazy option and simply bring up his past.

Maybe, just maybe he’s the way he is because of people whispering behind or back or selling their stories to the media.

Maybe you're right.

Maybe, just maybe the media are the way they are because Patrick Reed is not very nice to them?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess we all have our favourite golfers and those we don’t like. I have to say I didn’t care for Reed before I heard the rumours or even anything about his top 5 comments. I still feel the same way. All the negative media stuff has made no difference. If I had liked him before the reports they wouldn’t have made me dislike him now. You just get a feel for someone, rightly or wrongly. I don’t think you need to be cocky to be successful. I was glad to see Reed has ditched Tiger’s signature Sunday red shirt. Copying that seemed a bit pathetic.
I like Phil because he is a nice guy (Seemingly). I enjoy watching Tiger play because he is probably the best ever. I enjoyed seeing Sergio win because he had tried for so long. I like Stenson because he has a sense of humour....
I can’t warm to Reed and it’s nothing to do with the media reports. It’s horses for courses. Some will like him others won’t.
I am hoping he turns out like a Jimmy Connors or John McEnroe who people loved to hate when they were young but grew to like as they matured.

D

Deleted member 16999

I guess we all have our favourite golfers and those we don’t like. I have to say I didn’t care for Reed before I heard the rumours or even anything about his top 5 comments. I still feel the same way. All the negative media stuff has made no difference. If I had liked him before the reports they wouldn’t have made me dislike him now. You just get a feel for someone, rightly or wrongly. I don’t think you need to be cocky to be successful. I was glad to see Reed has ditched Tiger’s signature Sunday red shirt. Copying that seemed a bit pathetic.
I like Phil because he is a nice guy (Seemingly). I enjoy watching Tiger play because he is probably the best ever. I enjoyed seeing Sergio win because he had tried for so long. I like Stenson because he has a sense of humour....
I can’t warm to Reed and it’s nothing to do with the media reports. It’s horses for courses. Some will like him others won’t.
I am hoping he turns out like a Jimmy Connors or John McEnroe who people loved to hate when they were young but grew to like as they matured.
According to Reed himself, the only reason he wore red on a sunday was as a tribute to Tiger as he was his favourite player and inspiration growing up as a kid and he started doing it as a kid.
Doesn’t make it any less sad or admirable, just there’s a bit more to it than simply copying.

D

Deleted member 18588

Maybe you're right.

Maybe, just maybe the media are the way they are because Patrick Reed is not very nice to them?

Perhaps he should thank the Press "from the heart of his bottom!"

Many in the media continue to bear a grudge against the last man to do that.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

All players contracted to Nike were made to wear pink on Sunday, other than Tiger. Reed would 100% have been wearing red if not.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
According to Reed himself, the only reason he wore red on a sunday was as a tribute to Tiger as he was his favourite player and inspiration growing up as a kid and he started doing it as a kid.
Doesn’t make it any less sad or admirable, just there’s a bit more to it than simply copying.
According to half of this thread, that sounds like the bad guys sticking together. 😀