Who would you Spectate?

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So you are at an event, let say it’s the Masters (lucky you). It’s a star studded field but which 3 pros would you go and spectate and why?

1) Rory McIlroy – Has be an absolute driving machine this year so far and he is a real favourite of mine. Love his swing and his motion through the ball. By far the best player on the planet when he is on it and he has those Tiger rounds where he is unstoppable.

2) Rickie Fowler – Like his golfing style (not his fashion sense) with has flat sort of swing and is a great role model. I believe he will win a major this year as he seems to be smashing his drives away and giving himself more opportunities. I like his putting action too and I think he is an excellent wedge player.

3) Rafa Cabrera-Bello – Really think he has stepped up his game recently and he reminds me a bit of Adam Scott with his Swing and body build. Iv placed a few bets on him this year and he is doing extremely well. An in form player that I think has the capabilities to contend with Sergio for Spain’s #1.

If I had the time:
Tiger Woods – its Tiger
Patrick Reed – Excellent scrambler
Fitzpatrick – young English talent
Oosthaizen – that swing

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
1) Bubba Watson - because he plays the most inspired, unusual and magical golf

2) Adam Scott - because he has the most beautiful swing ... and he is on fire at the moment

3) Jason Day - because I just like him and have a secret crush on him

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
for me ,even though i am not a fan of the man ,it would be Bubba ,just to see for real how far he bends his shots .
Louis Oosthuizen ,to see the most elegant swing perform .
and Lee Westwood ,as he is my favorite player of all time

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spectate!
The English language is changing too fast for me.
Follow, watch for me.
Do you game your clubs by any chance?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If it where a Ladies tournament, Paige Spiranac, Cheyenne Woods and Carly Booth, because they are all georgeous, and Lydia Ko because she is lovely and GOOD. :)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Bubba, coz he is a wild man and genius on his day

Phil Mick coz he is a wizard and also a nice guy

Finally Mr Jiminez Because quite simply, he is da man and gives us other over 50's hope :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I would watch ( to spectate means to attend and be a spectator and just doesn't seem to sit well in the sentence)

McIlroy
Mickleson

But bar them two I would just follow who was playing well as opposed to someone specific

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
There's plenty I'd want to see. But the three would be: Phil around the greens, Rory (drama on every shot), Bubba (especially if he is in a grump).

If there was time, maybe Bowditch because it might make me feel I could reach that level!

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
1 Jimenez
2 Rory
3 Phil

Followed Jimenez around Wentworth at the pro am, amazing to watch.

At same event stood right behind Rory on several occasions when he teed off, unbeleviable

And Phil if he was haing an off day from the tee just to watch his escapes

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In reality I'd pick a point and watch the like or Rory, Big Phil, Adam Scott etc... come though so I got to see them, but for following them out on the course the crowds would be too large for me.

I'd probably try to follow the likes of Westwood, Rafa C-B, Miguel round the course but top of the list at the moment would be Danny Willett.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Ive been lucky enough to see most of them. For the sweetest swing ever I'd watch Louis Oosthuisen any day of the week but they are all great to watch.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive been lucky enough to see most of them. For the sweetest swing ever I'd watch Louis Oosthuisen any day of the week but they are all great to watch.
I'd pick a spot, watch some groups go through and then find another spot and do the same again.

Dont understand the fascination with trying to follow (Rory @ Wentworth for example) one group when you can barely see anything.

At Augusta i think i'd try watch the 16th pretty much all day.

Golferwise - Phil, Day, Sergio would be high on list.

Avoiding Bubba at all costs would also be high up - as i literally cannot stand the man

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd pick a spot, watch some groups go through and then find another spot and do the same again.

Dont understand the fascination with trying to follow (Rory @ Wentworth for example) one group when you can barely see anything.

At Augusta i think i'd try watch the 16th pretty much all day.

Golferwise - Phil, Day, Sergio would be high on list.

Avoiding Bubba at all costs would also be high up - as i literally cannot stand the man

I tend to do a bit of both, follow some players for a few holes, dodge about to see others and stay put to see groups come through too. It never ceases to amaze me how slow the pro's swings look compared to many amateurs I see but how far the awesome strikes go.

D

Deleted member 1147

Exactly what I did at Woburn & I intend doing at the Grove.

I was greenside on 7, watching balls come in from 2nd shots and getting close ups of the short game.
I then went to the 11th, approx. 100yds out to watch the wedge play.

Much more fun than following the hoards who went around with the big name groups.