Pat Perez Flying PXG Head

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Looked like a crap strike as well.

Could be anything from a weak spot in the shaft to a poor batch of epoxy.

Its ok for those guys on tour though, they just pop it back to the Tour Truck and the club fairies make them a nice new one up. If that happened to me I'd be devastated and out of pocket!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pretty sure it happens more than reported and not sure its a big deal as they'll be a spare ready in no time (if not already made up).

Why do you reckon that?

It would be more the fact that it could happen in tournament play that would be worrying me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Why do you reckon that?

It would be more the fact that it could happen in tournament play that would be worrying me.
Given the amount of balls they hit in practice and in preparation for majors in particular, I am sure the clubs are subjected to huge forces for extended periods and if there are any issues with poor assembly (epoxy) etc then the clubs will break.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looked like a crap strike as well.

Could be anything from a weak spot in the shaft to a poor batch of epoxy.

Its ok for those guys on tour though, they just pop it back to the Tour Truck and the club fairies make them a nice new one up. If that happened to me I'd be devastated and out of pocket!
What would have happened if it broke like that on his opening round though? He would have to complete the round without a driver? I'm sure he wouldn't have been a happy bunny then. Or are you allowed to repair a broken club mid-round?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What would have happened if it broke like that on his opening round though? He would have to complete the round without a driver? I'm sure he wouldn't have been a happy bunny then. Or are you allowed to repair a broken club mid-round?
i think you can replace a club like for like mid round as long as it breaks during

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
More than likely a dodgy shaft, it happened to a mates brand new Titleist driver. First hit, decent strike but the shaft snapped just above the ferrel.
If it happened during a competition round he can replace it’s long as it is deemed accidental, damaging it by slamming it into the ground in temper or something else you can’t repair it and can’t use it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We’re discussing this on a golf forum no one as discussed what shat it is.

So it might be wrong,but it doesn’t look great for PXG.

Yes this happens to other clubs,but this time it’s PXG & it was filmed.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
We’re discussing this on a golf forum no one as discussed what shat it is.

So it might be wrong,but it doesn’t look great for PXG.

Yes this happens to other clubs,but this time it’s PXG & it was filmed.

Because you can’t see what brand of shaft it is !!! The shaft snapping has nothing to do with PXG, people are only going on about it because it’s PXG.