Pat Perez Flying PXG Head

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Sounds like a bit of a witch hunt really.

The old saying goes there is no such thing as bad press. PXG is in the news, being talked about and in the long run that is only good for them.

Christ this blew up a bit - witch hunt ?!?

Wtf

It’s just a club breaking - PXG won’t be too pleased about it but I suspect it will have zero effect on people buying them

D

Deleted member 1147

I don't recall the Callaway thread when this happened or the dive in their sales 😂😂
Well I never bought a Callaway after that...
... to be fair, however, I never saw that clip before 🤷🏻‍♂️

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Interesting. So PXG, as a result of this incident make bad clubs.

I play with a guy, level headed, not a club chucker, had a shaft go in his driver, about 10" up from the hosel. Actually saw it fail on his backswing. Major manufacturer.

Took it back to the retailer, who replaced the shaft, no problem. Until a few months later when that shaft failed in a similar place.

So, you can view this as PXG making bad clubs; I can view it as PXG making clubs that are twice as good as a major manufacturer, and I'm willing to bet that there are more people on this forum playing that manufacturer's clubs than there are playing PXG. Yet it's PXG that have a problem, not the other manufacturer... :unsure:

Witch hunt might be a bit strong, but there certainly appears to be an attempt to discredit PXG on very little evidence. Still, as Winnie said, a lie is halfway round the world before the truth has got out of bed and put its trousers on.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I play with a guy, level headed, not a club chucker, had a shaft go in his driver, about 10" up from the hosel. Actually saw it fail on his backswing. Major manufacturer.

Took it back to the retailer, who replaced the shaft, no problem. Until a few months later when that shaft failed in a similar place.

So, you can view this as PXG making bad clubs; I can view it as PXG making clubs that are twice as good as a major manufacturer, and I'm willing to bet that there are more people on this forum playing that manufacturer's clubs than there are playing PXG. Yet it's PXG that have a problem, not the other manufacturer... :unsure:

Witch hunt might be a bit strong, but there certainly appears to be an attempt to discredit PXG on very little evidence. Still, as Winnie said, a lie is halfway round the world before the truth has got out of bed and put its trousers on.

I've seen countless high end medical products, that undergo rigorous testing during the production phase, fail during initial commissioning. It happens in every product range in the world. There will be a failure rate. Its only a run of failures that lead to a drop in product sales.

Will the incident have harmed sales? No. But it will have cost them money in terms of a failure analysis review/meetings with the supplier.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Who said PXG make bad clubs?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Why are you blowing this miles out of proportion?? :LOL: All we've said is that people see a PXG club breaking on TV and it's not great PR for them. No one's saying the whole company is ruined.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Jeez if you are even contemplating PXG as a driver choice then you already know this kind of thing can and will happen to any golf club from time to time and it will not affect your choice

To everyone else it's just a club breaking, many wont even remember it was a driver let alone what brand

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why are you blowing this miles out of proportion?? :LOL: All we've said is that people see a PXG club breaking on TV and it's not great PR for them. No one's saying the whole company is ruined.

If you actually read the thread properly you'd see I was bringing a sense of proportion to something that others are trying to blow out of proportion. :rolleyes: