Orka

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I hear a lot about the brand in here. And I am drawn to the experience of getting a proper custom fit so I am likely to go there over this winter.

I am not worried about resale value.

Anyone gaming them? How forgiving are they? 18+ handicapper so need help ?

C

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Like any brand, it depends on which model you buy within their range

Ive been playing them for many years, I have a split set of RS1 and RS3 irons which arent the most forgiving. However, if you look at say their reflex irons they are very forgiving game improver type irons. Best thing would be to go and have a fitting, see if you like any of them and see which suit you best

Reactions: MrC

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like any brand, it depends on which model you buy within their range

Ive been playing them for many years, I have a split set of RS1 and RS3 irons which arent the most forgiving. However, if you look at say their reflex irons they are very forgiving game improver type irons. Best thing would be to go and have a fitting, see if you like any of them and see which suit you best

Thanks. From what I have read that the best part of the fitting experience is that you can try the lot.

By the time I have fitting I know I am buying. I couldn’t walk away without taking a set

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks. From what I have read that the best part of the fitting experience is that you can try the lot.

By the time I have fitting I know I am buying. I couldn’t walk away without taking a set

not sure thats the right thought process, imo you should go to a fitting with an open mind but if the clubs dont suit you/work well then you shouldnt buy

am fortunate to have had several sessions with Alex, sometimes ive bought sometimes i havent!

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
not sure thats the right thought process, imo you should go to a fitting with an open mind but if the clubs dont suit you/work well then you shouldnt buy

am fortunate to have had several sessions with Alex, sometimes ive bought sometimes i havent!

I know it’s not the right approach but I am going to be a kid in a sweet shop……

I have only had off the shelf stuff so I know what I am going to be like…..

I am the sales persons dream customer…..

I wish I would be different in a way

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

If you see Alex himself he wont sell to you if they arent right :)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I recently had a full bag fitting at a well respected local pro studio,

Wanted to see if the newer tech would out perform my 9 year old Orka irons.

Tried Ping G420, Mizuno and Cobra, nothing came close

Mentioned it to Alex and he wasn’t surprised, if you are anywhere near Milton Keynes area, see if you can get a fitting with Alex. @MendieGK on here is an Orka Brand Ambassador ?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what did you go for Matt, RS10s?

Do you mind me asking what you went for?

got fit into the RS10 CB. 5° more loft than my current 7i. 3 yards more carry, and much more consistency.

ordered 4-PW and will need to figure out gapping at some point. Hit the new wedges whilst there, so I imagine it won’t be long before they are in the bag, but we’ll see.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
got fit into the RS10 CB. 5° more loft than my current 7i. 3 yards more carry, and much more consistency.

ordered 4-PW and will need to figure out gapping at some point. Hit the new wedges whilst there, so I imagine it won’t be long before they are in the bag, but we’ll see.

absolutely stunning looking clubs……

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recently had a full bag fitting at a well respected local pro studio,

Wanted to see if the newer tech would out perform my 9 year old Orka irons.

Tried Ping G420, Mizuno and Cobra, nothing came close

Mentioned it to Alex and he wasn’t surprised, if you are anywhere near Milton Keynes area, see if you can get a fitting with Alex. @MendieGK on here is an Orka Brand Ambassador ?

That’s one of the reasons I am not worried about resale - they are likely to be in the bag 10 years!

I am about an hour from MK. So I will go there hopefully

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I had an Orka fitting earlier this week. The clubs look and feel good, but due to the weak lofts I was losing atleast 1 club. I wasnt intersted in hitting the ball any furter, but i dont really want to lose any distance either so decided not to buy them. The fitter was very good and didnt try pushing for a sale at all. I wasnt swinging that great which didnt help.

Ive now got a fitting next week at a new place opened up by Scotsdale golf which allow me to hit more clubs and find the one that wokrs for me.

My advice is go for the Orka fitting and see how you get on with them.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had an Orka fitting earlier this week. The clubs look and feel good, but due to the weak lofts I was losing atleast 1 club. I wasnt intersted in hitting the ball any furter, but i dont really want to lose any distance either so decided not to buy them. The fitter was very good and didnt try pushing for a sale at all. I wasnt swinging that great which didnt help.

Ive now got a fitting next week at a new place opened up by Scotsdale golf which allow me to hit more clubs and find the one that wokrs for me.

My advice is go for the Orka fitting and see how you get on with them.
I don’t know why he would recommend making the lofts strong then? The fact they’re built at 36 gives us so much more to male stronger without being Stupid. Almost every customer I fit I end up making them either 33 or 34 because in all seriousness that’s industry standard for a ‘players’ club nowadays

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don’t know why he would recommend making the lofts strong then? The fact they’re built at 36 gives us so much more to male stronger without being Stupid. Almost every customer I fit I end up making them either 33 or 34 because in all seriousness that’s industry standard for a ‘players’ club nowadays

What happens to bounce and offset when you adjust the loft by 3 degrees?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What happens to bounce and offset when you adjust the loft by 3 degrees?
Weaken the loft by 3 adds 3 to the bounce which may or may not make a difference to how well you hit them.
Strengthening lofts takes away bounce.
It also adds a bit of offset.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

There are a lot more sweets available at a fitter like Precision Golf.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had my RS10s a couple of years now and love them. Also have a hybrid.

Tried the driver last year but wasn't swinging that great and tbh, there's not a lot out there that I hit better than my Benross.

Absolutely worthwhile going for a fitting and there's zero pressure to buy.