Orka Golf

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to admit I’ve had an interest in Orka for a Good few years. I’ve nearly pulled the trigger on a few sets on eBay but stopped myself because I’d literally be purchasing another geezers clubs. Totally defeating the whole objective.

I’m in the market for new irons at the moment and I really enjoyed the vid posted.

I’m also lucky that Tour X Golf is literally 10 minutes away from me.

Whilst I know that I’d get an amazing service from them, I do worry that I could be looking upwards of 1500 quid for the right fitted club.

Anyway. The clubs look amazing and I’m taking a very keen interest

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
From the map of the fitting centres it doesn't look like they cover Scotland. Does anyone know if there are any? Is there a cost for the actual fitting?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to admit I’ve had an interest in Orka for a Good few years. I’ve nearly pulled the trigger on a few sets on eBay but stopped myself because I’d literally be purchasing another geezers clubs. Totally defeating the whole objective.

I’m in the market for new irons at the moment and I really enjoyed the vid posted.

I’m also lucky that Tour X Golf is literally 10 minutes away from me.

Whilst I know that I’d get an amazing service from them, I do worry that I could be looking upwards of 1500 quid for the right fitted club.

Anyway. The clubs look amazing and I’m taking a very keen interest

You would be surprised mate. Unless you end up with proper funky iron shafts , you're probably looking around what you would pay from high street (aside from the fitting fee) but with huge support going forward. Nick would build them up and gap the lofts properly etc. Him and Nicola are great. I'd recommend them.

I would say its drivers that become more expensive as some of the exotic shafts he can put in them are crazy money.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've not heard of orka outside of this forum, not seen anyone use them either.

Neither had I (I knew they existed just couldn't have told you I knew anyone who had a set) until November last year when my friend got fitted at Mearns Castle by Rob. He loves his irons. Proof is in the pudding.

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
I can’t recommend Orka highly enough. I nearly went with their irons 5 years ago but decided to go Mizuno. I changed last summer to the RS10 CB after being fit by Alex at a demo day at Fleetwood. I’ve since been back to Dan at Fleetwood and been fit for an Orka Reflex 4 iron and a Reflex Hybrid. At times to ask questions I’ve contacted Alex or Dan direct via social media and they always reply and help. You genuinely feel like part of the family. I also like having things that aren’t mainstream and a little leftfield.

philstones

Visit site
Just got back from my woods fitting with Alex, phenomenal service provided!
Slight miscommunication regarding the collection of my new irons, however Alex couldn’t do anymore to help.
Firstly, Alex offered to arrange a hotel for myself for overnight to collect the clubs in the morning - with him to do the build tonight at 830PM! You wouldn’t get this kind of service from the so called bigger brands.
He was able to rearrange his plans and actually get the build completed this afternoon, even inviting me to see the build in action. The attention to detail at Orka is superb and the tolerances really do put other brands to shame.
My new irons are now ready in time for a trip away on Thursday, with the woods to be posted over the coming weeks.
Superb service from a top bloke.
If you’re in the market for some new clubs, Orka must be at the top of your list. Great product with a personal service at a very good price.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stop it you bad man! I've just shelled out for my apex combo set.....
When you thinking of ???????

Get those things flogged. We can drive down south like Thelma and Louise escaping the Grip of the Evil OEM’s

Davy mac can play Brad Pitt’s role. He was born for it.

?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You would be surprised mate. Unless you end up with proper funky iron shafts , you're probably looking around what you would pay from high street (aside from the fitting fee) but with huge support going forward. Nick would build them up and gap the lofts properly etc. Him and Nicola are great. I'd recommend them.

I would say its drivers that become more expensive as some of the exotic shafts he can put in them are crazy money.

That’s good to know cheers bud.

I’ve met nick before and I agree, him and Nicola run a hell of a facility. Both are genuinely nice people too.

It’s not nicks prices I worry about.

More that the RRP of most decent irons is north of 1300 quid these days. It’s sickening really what they are charging.

Last edited:

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I've got my heart set on a set of Orka's. The RS10's look superb.

But like a few on here I think Alex is one of the main selling points of the brand and wonder if you would get the same fitting elsewhere, or just a standard fitting you can get almost anywhere. But I think I will jump in and get fitted at either Southport or Fleetwood. I was tempted with a 4 hour drive to see Alex himself.

I'm just in the middle of a course of lessons to try and knock another couple of shots from my handicap. So I'm looking at May time for my new Irons. I will let everyone know how I get on when its done.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
In Liams latest video he tells us that for irons, the dearest head option, with the dearest shaft and grip, comes in at about £140 per club, and the other end of the scale (cheapest everything) is about £90 per club. Those are ballpark figures he finally managed to prise out of Alex.

So for 5-PW, we‘re looking at ballpark figures of £540-£840, or 4-PW £630-£980, depending on options. I really don’t know why it’s taken so much effort to get these figures, especially as they are quite reasonable by today’s standards. Certainly nothing to put me off considering them.

Chico84

Visit site
Just got back from my woods fitting with Alex, phenomenal service provided!
Slight miscommunication regarding the collection of my new irons, however Alex couldn’t do anymore to help.
Firstly, Alex offered to arrange a hotel for myself for overnight to collect the clubs in the morning - with him to do the build tonight at 830PM! You wouldn’t get this kind of service from the so called bigger brands.
He was able to rearrange his plans and actually get the build completed this afternoon, even inviting me to see the build in action. The attention to detail at Orka is superb and the tolerances really do put other brands to shame.
My new irons are now ready in time for a trip away on Thursday, with the woods to be posted over the coming weeks.
Superb service from a top bloke.
If you’re in the market for some new clubs, Orka must be at the top of your list. Great product with a personal service at a very good price.

That is quite remarkable service.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
In Liams latest video he tells us that for irons, the dearest head option, with the dearest shaft and grip, comes in at about £140 per club, and the other end of the scale (cheapest everything) is about £90 per club. Those are ballpark figures he finally managed to prise out of Alex.

So for 5-PW, we‘re looking at ballpark figures of £540-£840, or 4-PW £630-£980, depending on options. I really don’t know why it’s taken so much effort to get these figures, especially as they are quite reasonable by today’s standards. Certainly nothing to put me off considering them.
I was looking at the Titleist t200 today. They were listed at 1k , I think the orkas would have much lower re sale value though.