Orka Golf

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading through this, it has peaked my interest ... I have checked the Orka site, there are a few around my way .. but just wondered if anyone has used them :

Cardiff Golf Club – Centre of Excellence, Club Fitter, PGA Professional
Liam Bond - Club Fitter - Chepstow
SJ Golf – Bells Hotel and Country Club - Club Fitter, PGA Professional - Coleford
Hi mate. Give me a call and I can discuss the brand and fitters with you ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We didn’t try it with RMW at all mate, he posted a video saying custom
Fit was a waste of time so Alex offered him the opportunity to come down.

The results spoke for themselves.

However, we weren’t giving him any free equipment. I don’t think he has much money so never purchased any
Ah that makes sense. I do recall him saying he didn't have the money to buy them, so I figured you weren't giving them to him. I didn't realise the premise that set up the video being made though. I seem to remember he smashed his current distances with the Orkas even though the lofts were the same or possibly even weaker??

albie999

Visit site
Just watched the Liam (golfmates video) .. found it very good. Interesting that he was getting better distances with the more traditional lofted Orka's, and that he was good with the MB

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah that makes sense. I do recall him saying he didn't have the money to buy them, so I figured you weren't giving them to him. I didn't realise the premise that set up the video being made though. I seem to remember he smashed his current distances with the Orkas even though the lofts were the same or possibly even weaker??
Yeah about 4 degrees weaker I think ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watched the Liam (golfmates video) .. found it very good. Interesting that he was getting better distances with the more traditional lofted Orka's, and that he was good with the MB
Got more distance and the original 7 iron loft from current clubs was 32 degrees compared to the 36 ALex said is "true" loft. Perhaps more importantly though was the fact the dispersion as much tighter with the Orka model

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve had a look at their website only one iron model shown as available in left handed, anyone know if that’s correct? I did email them at the weekend but not had a response yet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve had a look at their website only one iron model shown as available in left handed, anyone know if that’s correct? I did email them at the weekend but not had a response yet.
Not sure all their stuff is on the website. For example, the driving iron they gave to Liam is not on there, so that at least means it's possible some of the other stuff isn't on there. Best ask @MendieGK he may know.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure all their stuff is on the website. For example, the driving iron they gave to Liam is not on there, so that at least means it's possible some of the other stuff isn't on there. Best ask @MendieGK he may know.
At present, yes just one left handed club I’m afraid. We do so little 1% of all irons that the cost of us to get them forged makes more options unviable at present

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Holy thread resurrection Batman….

the fitting process intrigued me, the gains Alex posts astound me.

so I have booked a fitting with Alex.

getting a couple of balls that jump off the face and go 15 yards further than I am expecting during a round…so want to see what Orka can offer.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Holy thread resurrection Batman….

the fitting process intrigued me, the gains Alex posts astound me.

so I have booked a fitting with Alex.

getting a couple of balls that jump off the face and go 15 yards further than I am expecting during a round…so want to see what Orka can offer.

Guaranteed you'll enjoy the fitting process, even if you don't end up buying anything. Alex is a gent.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guaranteed you'll enjoy the fitting process, even if you don't end up buying anything. Alex is a gent.

genuinely a little excited. Just got to wait ages as Alex is fully booked for a while!
in my heart I know what I’d love to be a best fit for.…I very much doubt it will come out that way though!

BackNine29

Visit site
I live in USA. Ordered a custom built set of the RS10 model irons from Alex last year. He was fantastic. His patience and detail in getting my set to my liking was remarkable. First class dude.

Attachments

• Attach0_20210922_204442.jpg
    Attach0_20210922_204442.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 25

Renaud

Visit site
Hi Guys
Feedback after few months? Would you recommend the RS10 and orka woods /driver for improving higher mid handicap player?

BackNine29

Visit site
I've been playing the RS10 irons for about 18 months now. For reference I am a 1.7 handicap.

All clubs are individualistic, but generally I would not recommend the model for a player over, say, about a 13-15 handicap. The RS10 face is comparably smaller to other models and might prove inconsistent for the mid-high handicap range player.

The RS10 is a great feeling iron. I played Cobra S2 forged cavity back irons previously and find that the RS10 is about 1/2 a club shorter in distance than my S2. The RS10 is also lighter (both sets steel), which could be good or bad depending on your swing. The ball trajectory with the RS10 is much more consistent for me than with my S2 set.

If possible, I'd recommend hitting the RS10 to see how you like it before deciding. Good luck in the adventure.

phillarrow

Visit site
Just watched the Golf Mates fitting video. Absolutely fascinating and really enjoyable. So surprising that the greater loft was able to give more carry and total distance!

Some of the numbers looked odd to me though - one of them had lower ball speed, more backspin, higher launch angle, shorter carry and yet the same total distance? How can that be possible? How does a ball that travels slower, launches higher and with more backspin roll out further?

Loved the video though and fascinating to see the improvements in dispersion. These irons have gone right near/to the top of my wish list for my next set.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Guys
Feedback after few months? Would you recommend the RS10 and orka woods /driver for improving higher mid handicap player?

I would, yes!

I've had mine RS10s about 3 years now and in that time I've gone from 17ish to 12 handicap. They are great clubs and they are forgiving, certainly compared to blades - there's only so much an iron can do to save a bad shot, no matter the type of design. I would highly recommend going for a fitting - and go with an open mind because you might find that the head you like the best is the MB rather than the CB and I've certainly seen videos where a high handicapper has gone for the set up.