Orka Golf

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was looking at the Titleist t200 today. They were listed at 1k , I think the orkas would have much lower re sale value though.
I suppose if I was being objective.

It’s Possible to argue that you have much less ‘need’ to shift the okras on as quickly as the fitting process is better than off the shelf clubs.

Possibly that increases the duration of ownership.

Resale value whilst important to some / all of us, becomes less of a factor with the orkas.

Dunno.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I suppose if I was being objective.

It’s Possible to argue that you have much less ‘need’ to shift the okras on as quickly as the fitting process is better than off the shelf clubs.

Possibly that increases the duration of ownership.

Resale value whilst important to some / all of us, becomes less of a factor with the orkas.

Dunno.
I'm looking at new clubs, my ap2 716 are still worth a good few quid. Plenty of places to get the full fitting experience with main stream brands too.
Resale isn't a main consideration, but it's nice to know I'll get a decent whack toward my new clubs.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've got my heart set on a set of Orka's. The RS10's look superb.

But like a few on here I think Alex is one of the main selling points of the brand and wonder if you would get the same fitting elsewhere, or just a standard fitting you can get almost anywhere. But I think I will jump in and get fitted at either Southport or Fleetwood. I was tempted with a 4 hour drive to see Alex himself.

I'm just in the middle of a course of lessons to try and knock another couple of shots from my handicap. So I'm looking at May time for my new Irons. I will let everyone know how I get on when its done.

Of course you get the same level of service and expertise else where if you know who you are going to and do your research.

There is no huge rocket science to club fitting that any club fitter worth their salt won't know about or be able to do.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I dont understand the re-sale issue. Unless you change clubs every couple of years.

Some people do.

My friend just got fitted for Orka and he loves them but he holds onto his clubs for years. I change clubs (irons) every 2 maybe 3 years.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had my Orka irons and woods for 6 years now, absolutely love them. I got the putter as well about 18 months ago.

I get my lofts and lies checked every year for free (sometimes twice if I've been on the range a lot). I managed to damage one of my irons recently and Alex offered to replace it just for the price of the head, fantastic products and service. On top of all of this Alex is a fantastic guy.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was looking at the Titleist t200 today. They were listed at 1k , I think the orkas would have much lower re sale value though.
You're right of course, but resale value only really applies if you're someone who changes clubs often. If you're getting custom-built clubs, and with the service they offer of adjusting them for you whenever you need, then there is no incentive to change clubs for a long time so the resale value becomes far less relevant.

On any custom-fit clubs I imagine the resale is a bit lower anyway, since you're far more likely to sell a set of clubs that are standard fit than ones that are longer/shorter/flatter etc.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had my Orka irons and woods for 6 years now, absolutely love them. I got the putter as well about 18 months ago.

I get my lofts and lies checked every year for free (sometimes twice if I've been on the range a lot). I managed to damage one of my irons recently and Alex offered to replace it just for the price of the head, fantastic products and service. On top of all of this Alex is a fantastic guy.
Does that service apply to any one of their fitters though? So if I did my Orka custom built from the guy at Pinner who does it, I could go back to him for free loft and lie check?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
You're right of course, but resale value only really applies if you're someone who changes clubs often. If you're getting custom-built clubs, and with the service they offer of adjusting them for you whenever you need, then there is no incentive to change clubs for a long time so the resale value becomes far less relevant.

On any custom-fit clubs I imagine the resale is a bit lower anyway, since you're far more likely to sell a set of clubs that are standard fit than ones that are longer/shorter/flatter etc.
I havennt found it a problem, Its not like custom fit clubs are radically different.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Some people do.

My friend just got fitted for Orka and he loves them but he holds onto his clubs for years. I change clubs (irons) every 2 maybe 3 years.
not your mate that used to be on here then, can't remember is name... very low and changed his clubs more often than his underpants:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Must have been my phone not showing all the fitters up here. I see them now.

Anyone know the cost of fitting? I assume they'll take it off the cost of new clubs. Was thinking of going for a full bag fitting to see if it's worthwhile doing the lot.

D

Deleted member 25172

The decision to make Liam brand ambassador seem to have been a rather good one. I’ve been looking at Orka before, but as a few others I’ve been a bit hesitant due to not being able to get a rough estimation of price for a set.

Now that that is out, Orka is most certainly on my radar once my little “club fund” has sufficient funds in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The decision to make Liam brand ambassador seem to have been a rather good decision. I’ve been looking at Orka before, but as a few others I’ve been a bit hesitant due to not being able to get a rough estimation of price for a set.

Now that that is out, Orka is most certainly on my radar once my little “club fund” has sufficient funds in it.
Yeah, they've always seemingly been a bit under-the-radar, I guess because I've never seen them advertised anywhere. But tapping into the YouTube market will no doubt boost their recognition levels.

They tried it with Robin Matthews-Williams before but I guess that didn't really work out since he didn't actually use the clubs in the end for some reason. :LOL:

albie999

Visit site
Reading through this, it has peaked my interest ... I have checked the Orka site, there are a few around my way .. but just wondered if anyone has used them :

Cardiff Golf Club – Centre of Excellence, Club Fitter, PGA Professional
Liam Bond - Club Fitter - Chepstow
SJ Golf – Bells Hotel and Country Club - Club Fitter, PGA Professional - Coleford

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, they've always seemingly been a bit under-the-radar, I guess because I've never seen them advertised anywhere. But tapping into the YouTube market will no doubt boost their recognition levels.

They tried it with Robin Matthews-Williams before but I guess that didn't really work out since he didn't actually use the clubs in the end for some reason. :LOL:
We didn’t try it with RMW at all mate, he posted a video saying custom
Fit was a waste of time so Alex offered him the opportunity to come down.

The results spoke for themselves.

However, we weren’t giving him any free equipment. I don’t think he has much money so never purchased any