Orka Golf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's because the final price will depend on which shaft, grip and head fits you best.
Even a 20 quid difference in the price of a shaft can make 140 quid difference to the cost of a set.

Visit site
It's a custom build, so you can't really put a figure on it. The only ones who can is those who have bought them. You got so many options in heads shafts and grips that it could be cheap as chips or a great whacking T bone steak. But I think you'd get a better overall experience with Alex then you would with the major companies.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
How much are those mb/cb's going to set you back for a fitted 4-pw set?
There’s a genuine reason for us not putting prices etc on the website.

There’s significant variables in shaft for starters. Other OEMs say ‘no up charge on shafts’, what they are actually doing is charging you for the most expensive shaft and earning more cash on the cheaper shafts.

Secondly, it’s to protect the margins of our stockists. Online selling/price matching etc is one of the reasons the golf industry is in the state it is in.

Chico84

Visit site
I do. What a character and here is Liam's custom build (long video)

I really enjoyed this video. Very informative and clear reasons for how clubs work the way they do.

I’m not in the market for irons at the moment but will definitely bear Orka in mind in future.

RangeMonkey

Visit site

There’s significant variables in shaft for starters. Other OEMs say ‘no up charge on shafts’, what they are actually doing is charging you for the most expensive shaft and earning more cash on the cheaper shafts.

Secondly, it’s to protect the margins of our stockists. Online selling/price matching etc is one of the reasons the golf industry is in the state it is in.

That makes sense, and is the clearest answer I’ve had. What worries me was that this looked like a “boutique” brand, and usually, if you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it. I didn’t want to find my self (some time in the future), going for a fitting, then finding out the heads cost hundreds of pounds each.

“Less than you think” means nothing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That makes sense, and is the clearest answer I’ve had. What worries me was that this looked like a “boutique” brand, and usually, if you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it. I didn’t want to find my self (some time in the future), going for a fitting, then finding out the heads cost hundreds of pounds each.

Definitely not a "boutique brand" and a few on here that have got them or tried them so definitely not an out of reach brand. I think you need to respect the way they do business and not disclose prices and if you want more information book yourself a fit or talk to the likes of MendieGK in private.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think you have a point. When you can't find a price online you tend to assume the worst, that it'll be extremely high and that's why they haven't put it up. Perhaps Orka should do more on their website to explain why they don't have the prices there, so people don't just dismiss them thinking it'll be astronomical. Could maybe even give a rough guide saying it could vary between 100 and 160 per iron depending on shaft, head etc etc. Just the way Mendie has explained it here.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really enjoyed this video. Very informative and clear reasons for how clubs work the way they do.

I’m not in the market for irons at the moment but will definitely bear Orka in mind in future.

Watched it earlier, very interesting to watch the process and also to hear his comments about strong lofts, shafts, lie boards etc.

I’ve never been fitted, I’ve only ever bought standard second hand clubs apart from last year when I bought some off the shelf strong lofted clubs, m2. I love them and feel that my game has improved, however, the video above has got me thinking. I’ll definitely at least get fitted next time.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That makes total sense and I guess what sets them apart from other brands, as you truly are getting a bespoke experience...

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
It looks a really good brand and I've only heard positive things - I'm looking to replace my (12 year old) irons and would seriously consider them.

Is it best to go to the national fitting centre (near Luton?) or a regional fitter? Is there a waiting list for either?

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
It looks a really good brand and I've only heard positive things - I'm looking to replace my (12 year old) irons and would seriously consider them. Is it best to go to the national fitting centre (near Luton?) or a regional fitter? Is there a waiting list for either?

I am thinking the same. What I am not sure about is that as their fitting process appears to be quite different to other fitters (and Alex talks a lot about the differences in clubs, and perhaps the fitting process) I wonder whether you would get the same "service" using one of their accredited fitters (who also fit other brands). Do those guys now follow the same principles if they were fitting a mainstream brand now?

Will you only get the real benefit if you see Alex for instance?

I'm not ready to change clubs yet but watching a few of the Orka fitting videos, it has opened my eyes and raised a few questions over whether my fitted clubs are really optimal for me.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am thinking the same. What I am not sure about is that as their fitting process appears to be quite different to other fitters (and Alex talks a lot about the differences in clubs, and perhaps the fitting process) I wonder whether you would get the same "service" using one of their accredited fitters (who also fit other brands). Do those guys now follow the same principles if they were fitting a mainstream brand now?

Will you only get the real benefit if you see Alex for instance

I'm not ready to change clubs yet but watching a few of the Orka fitting videos, it has opened my eyes and raised a few questions over whether my fitted clubs are really optimal for me.
All of our fitters and green grass accounts are given training and work closely with us.

Going to see Alex is a bespoke thing, the costs is more and there’s a pretty big waiting list.

Personally I would trust your local fitter.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had the RS10 CBs for over a year now and they're fantastic clubs. I picked up a hybrid about 6-8 months ago and I'm having a driver fitting next week.

Alex is a true gent and as you can see from the video, knows his stuff.

If you're considering these then at the very least go for a fitting, you won't regret it.