Open weeks and/or multi day opens

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pennard, the "Links in the sky" - Open Week at start of Sept. £20 Green fee normally £75 :)
SShsssh..... that's as good as the Seaton Carew Festival week in Aug except it's £5 cheaper.... the real deal!! Will look at that for 2022 as haven't been down S Wales for many a year.

D

Deleted member 15344

Suggest Ashburnham....depends on where you’re staying, or travelling from
I think our choice will be between Machynys or Pyle & Kenfig - should be 8 of us now ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
May have been mentioned already, but one of the all-time great Open Weeks is run by The Mourne Club. Who? The Mourne is the town club that plays on Royal County Down. The Open Week is usually held in July and has different format each day, including singles, pairs, mixed. The course is always presented in fantastic condition and the entry fees are well below the usual green fees. And during the evenings, nights and early mornings after golf, the craic is mighty.

D

Deleted member 17920

May have been mentioned already, but one of the all-time great Open Weeks is run by The Mourne Club. Who? The Mourne is the town club that plays on Royal County Down. The Open Week is usually held in July and has different format each day, including singles, pairs, mixed. The course is always presented in fantastic condition and the entry fees are well below the usual green fees. And during the evenings, nights and early mornings after golf, the craic is mighty.
Isn't that only available to GUI members, we made an enquiry a few years ago and didn't get in.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Do you know if there are any handicap restrictions for this one? Not sure if it's for low handicappers or whether those mid-teens or even low twenties can play in it. I expect it may be booked for this year but looks great for next if they are. Thanks
It will almost certainly be first come first served. I've played in a very similar event and it was full of bandits so just look at it as a chance to play great courses cheaply.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you know if there are any handicap restrictions for this one? Not sure if it's for low handicappers or whether those mid-teens or even low twenties can play in it. I expect it may be booked for this year but looks great for next if they are. Thanks

As far as I'm aware its first come first served...i know plenty of blokes who have played in it who play off double digit handicaps.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe this came about after the collapse of the mid am tour when some of the diehards wanted to keep it going. Robobum may have been involved but not 100% sure about that.

Hi Gordon

No, I’m not involved in running just try to support my mate Rich that is running it. He’s been dealt some shitty hands on the back of the previous guy thieving everyone’s money and people still associating that with the new tour......then COVID ?‍♂️?

He managed to get a few events on last year including West Lancs a week before the Women’s amateur (never have I seen a Links course so immaculate) and Spey Valley which is a beautiful course.

Good bunch of events booked this year and healthy entries so far for 1st one at Hunstanton - fingers crossed we are set free by then.

Hopefully catch up at one of them ?