Open weeks and/or multi day opens

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not this year I don’t think given the ballot

Depends on the weather.....there have always been good players in it (played a frenchie off of +4 one year and got him to the 17th!).....I still suspect 78 will get you in the championship flight.

My worry will be the dinner won’t be taken as seriously as it should be and I also suspect Kümmel sales will be markedly down on previous years!!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a shame that people like you with proper handicaps get kept out of these things by those that somehow manage to keep them so low. I’m a chopper so I almost expect it now!!!
I just need to get better. 36 holes at Birkdale for £80 is like stealing!

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Magdalene Fields Golf Club

I'm keeping an eye on this for the May BH. If golf is back on and their three day event is on I think I'll go. Why? I'm glad you've asked. Because I played it many years ago and lost 14 balls. It was before I'd really go into golf properly. I was so bad I even missed the drive on one hole towards the end of the round as I knew I loose another ball and only had one left. I've been wanting to go back ther now I'm a bit better at the game and see if it really is as tough as I remember.
im keeping an eye on that one too. Played it once before it’s a decent little layout to be honest

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depends on the weather.....there have always been good players in it (played a frenchie off of +4 one year and got him to the 17th!).....I still suspect 78 will get you in the championship flight.

My worry will be the dinner won’t be taken as seriously as it should be and I also suspect Kümmel sales will be markedly down on previous years!!

Ah, Kümmel, had that at R&A clubhouse - definitely an acquired taste.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah, Kümmel, had that at R&A clubhouse - definitely an acquired taste.

Do you know of any opens at your place? Quick search on golf empire came up blank.

I loved the place when I was there. Cracking gentle opener, I need another 10 cracks at the 3rd (in fact all the par 3s) then so much fun from the 4th onwards.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do you know of any opens at your place? Quick search on golf empire came up blank.

I loved the place when I was there. Cracking gentle opener, I need another 10 cracks at the 3rd (in fact all the par 3s) then so much fun from the 4th onwards.

Dunbar usually has a gents open in June. Nothing advertised as yet to my knowledge no doubt due to the pandemic.