Open weeks and/or multi day opens

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Folks can anyone recommend any good multi day open events please? I know about the Eden and Tassie both not an option this year. Looking for some that are run by clubs rather than companies looking to make a profit.

TIA

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Folks can anyone recommend any good multi day open events please? I know about the Eden and Tassie both not an option this year. Looking for some that are run by clubs rather than companies looking to make a profit.

TIA
Empire Golf...... usually has these listed

Visit site
Cornwall has a couple of crackers, ‘Coast to Coast’ is over two days at West Cornwall and Mullion. Two good links/cliff top courses. Good value with Meals. Or alternatively is ‘Coast and Country’ which again is two days, this time West Cornwall and Tehidy which is a decent parkland track. Same format for both. Great fields and played every year when I lived in the UK.Another one, but hard to get a spot is the Cornish golf festival. Played at Trevose, St Enodoc and Newquay I seem to remember over a weekend. Hope that helps?

NearHull

Visit site
We're doing the Scottish Mixed pairs week in July ?
I played in the Scottish Pairs for seven years. It is held over 5 days in the first week of September on Blairgowrie, Strathmore, Kirriemuir, Forfar and Alyth. The organisation is from the local club members supported by the Scottish Tourist Board. It is competitive but friendly and great value at £330 per pair. Details on Golf Empire , can’t seem to find the Pairs website at the moment.
(The Scottish Pairs and the Scottish Mixed Pairs are run by the same organisation.)

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Dunstanburgh Castle usually have a two day event in April. £50 for two rounds and prizes down to 10th with £500 1st prize. Great course and great place to stay for the weekend.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couple of good ones in the NW

Wirral Golf Classic - Heswall, Caldy and Wallasey

Southport Coastal Classic - Southport and Ainsdale, West Lancashire, Hesketh and a final at Royal Birkdale (if you qualify or S and A again if you dont).

D

Deleted member 25172

TIA

Not a multi day open as such, but Aberdovey and Royal St Davids have 18 hole opens on consecutive days (Saturday/Sunday) in July. £30 each.

D

Deleted member 1740

Not a multi day open as such, but Aberdovey and Royal St Davids have 18 hole opens on consecutive days (Saturday/Sunday) in July. £30 each.

Bargain that. Stay in either Aberdovey or around St David's and you can get the train there and back as the stations are outside each course.

D

Deleted member 25172

Bargain that. Stay in either Aberdovey or around St David's and you can get the train there and back as the stations are outside each course.

The prepared survives!

We're going a day early by car and will make a pit-stop around around the Birmingham area to get a round in, probably Beau Desert. Staying at a hotel 20 min from Aberdovey and then we've already booked the dormy rooms at St David's.

golfempire

www.golfempire.co.uk

Ladybank, Lundin, Crail & Scotscraig have got together to run a pairs one for the first time this year.

Seacroft, Woodhall Spa & Blankney run an individual one which has become very popular.

D

Deleted Member 1156

@golfempire many thanks, the individual one is of interest. Looking for events run by clubs rather than companies as they are much better VFM ?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
http://www.carnegolflinks.com/wild-atlantic-dunes-challenge/

Not easy for you to get to but if you are getting over to Ireland this year then this is unbeatable value! You’ll need another at least as it’s a 4 bbb comp!

We are playing it this year and can’t wait to eventually get Carne ticked off the bucket list

To add to that, Ballyliffin open week is usually around mid August, again if you manage to get over and the Carne one doesn’t suit

D

Deleted Member 1156

http://www.carnegolflinks.com/wild-atlantic-dunes-challenge/

Not easy for you to get to but if you are getting over to Ireland this year then this is unbeatable value! You’ll need another at least as it’s a 4 bbb comp!

We are playing it this year and can’t wait to eventually get Carne ticked off the bucket list

To add to that, Ballyliffin open week is usually around mid August, again if you manage to get over and the Carne one doesn’t suit
Tempted by both of those but already planning at least 2 trips over this year already so not sure when I'll have time for another plus Ballyliffin is right in the middle of school holidays and with my other half being a teacher we are likely to be away :cry:

D

Deleted member 17920

TIA
You after individual qualifiers Gordon or pairs so you can clean up with Smiffy?

There are quiet a few clubs that are doing these in house now so they are great value.