Open 2021

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just had a tip from a man "in the know" (used to be part of the BBC Golf production team) that Marc Leishman is the man to watch this weekend.

Can anyone fill in the blanks and tell me whether he's been impressive in practice rounds etc?

I tend to trust the guys picks to be fair hes won me a bit of money in the past.
Might put a few pennies on Leishman…his home club and where he learned the game is Warrnambool - a links course on the windy Victoria coast. He knows the terrain.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Saw Riley chatting to him yesterday and he looked as relaxed as ever. Not had any bets but got Smith and Leishman with my virtual bookmaker

Sobel

Visit site
hes hit iron off as many tees as drivers

Wondered if he was focussing on taking irons more, has there been any interview yet on his approach changing with his new caddy? As you say he's taken irons more so far, but his last drive was so far off he might not even find it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wondered if he was focussing on taking irons more, has there been any interview yet on his approach changing with his new caddy? As you say he's taken irons more so far, but his last drive was so far off he might not even find it.

Nothing to do with the caddy i dont think just an awareness that driver isnt the right play everywhere on this golf course, more a case hes not playing well than trying to overpower the course

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mistake :) When I've looked, I've not seen him hit an iron, but I've seen him in the hay, several times. Meeting ends at 12-00 so I can watch properly
He's certainly hit a couple of drivers and 3 woods. Only thing he hasn't hit is fairways. :LOL:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Can't wait to get home and get tuned in, just dipping into the online feeds from the app so far

Although (not just for The Open but all comps am & pro) I wish there was an easy way to rule against all the faffing with repeated ball alignment on the greens. It's bad enough doing it once but to then go back and tweak it by half a mm is excruciating