One off the bucket list

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
had a single figure handicap for the first time this year! Got to 9.5 once about 6 years ago after a 5 shot cut in a week but that went north in a linear fashion - and 9.5v was still rounded to 10. But with the new HI i was 9.4 i think at lowest! :). Reality is setting in and this is going north in line with my lack of ability

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Finally, after many, many years it happened today.

Club comp, shot 10 pars and 8 bogies (HI 12.3) for a 79. I have broken 80 on a number of occasions - but first round ever with no double bogies or worse. 6 scores still to be posted, but leading by three shots.

Chuffed.

Anybody else had a first this year?

That was a very tidy round, my friend.
No doubles--that's always my unattainable goal in a round.

D

Deleted member 21258

Never played over 100 times in a year, but have managed it this year, special mention to the wife for helping it to happen.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Finally, after many, many years it happened today.

Club comp, shot 10 pars and 8 bogies (HI 12.3) for a 79. I have broken 80 on a number of occasions - but first round ever with no double bogies or worse. 6 scores still to be posted, but leading by three shots.

Chuffed.

Anybody else had a first this year?
Yes - today!

There is a pond to the left of the green on our par 4 18th. It was constructed 20 years ago.

I hit my second shot into it for the first time ever.

I had played 53 holes without losing that ball - so not too bothered.

So glad I've got that one out of the way.

Visit site
had a single figure handicap for the first time this year! Got to 9.5 once about 6 years ago after a 5 shot cut in a week but that went north in a linear fashion - and 9.5v was still rounded to 10. But with the new HI i was 9.4 i think at lowest! :). Reality is setting in and this is going north in line with my lack of ability

Same for me! First time in single figures, down to 9.1 briefly, but like you, I'm going north to 9.9. My ambition next year is to be single figures when I turn 70. I would be very happy with that, but similarly, my lack of ability will probable prevent it.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my first eagle on a par 5, it’s always a source of amusement to my mates, and annoyance to me! I’ve had plenty on par 4’s, but always bottled it on the par 5’s - I missed a 4ft putt for one whilst on holiday, but then chipped in from 20ft a couple of weeks later.

D

Deleted member 29109

Had my first eagle on a par 5, it’s always a source of amusement to my mates, and annoyance to me! I’ve had plenty on par 4’s, but always bottled it on the par 5’s - I missed a 4ft putt for one whilst on holiday, but then chipped in from 20ft a couple of weeks later.

My only eagles of the year came from chipping in on a par 4 and 2 hole in ones.

But I have 3 putted, all 3 times when being on a par 5 in 2 ?. Twice in the same round at Thetford in the summer.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My only eagles of the year came from chipping in on a par 4 and 2 hole in ones.

But I have 3 putted, all 3 times when being on a par 5 in 2 ?. Twice in the same round at Thetford in the summer.
I once hit every par 5 in two at Pine Ridge, and three putted every time, I'd completely lost it on the greens after the third time.