One off the bucket list

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finally, after many, many years it happened today.

Club comp, shot 10 pars and 8 bogies (HI 12.3) for a 79. I have broken 80 on a number of occasions - but first round ever with no double bogies or worse. 6 scores still to be posted, but leading by three shots.

Chuffed.

Anybody else had a first this year?

ncw8

Visit site
Nice work!

I started the year with a playing handicap of 22 and the aim of getting down to 18. Ending the year with a handicap of 7.1 which is 9 playing! Never even imagined I'd be able to get this low.

Won four or five comps through the year, shooting my best round of 77 - 13 pars and 5 bogeys in a white medal.

Last edited:

AliMc

Visit site
Nice work!

I started the year with a playing handicap of 22 and the aim of getting down to 18. Ending the year with a handicap of 7.1 which is 9 playing! Never even imagined I'd be able to get this low.

Won four or five comps through the year, shooting my best round of 77 - 13 pars and 5 birdies in a white medal.
13 pars and 5 bogies maybe ?

D

Deleted member 23344

I won my first ever golf trophy, see signature below. A knockout matchplay competition a la F.A. Cup format, with 30 or so starting out.

D

Deleted member 29109

This was my first year back playing after only playing once or twice a year for over a decade, so I didn’t really set any goals other than wanting to shoot scores in the 70s again.

I managed that a few times, the best of which was a 77 consisting of 13 pars and 5 bogies.

I’ve also got my HI down to 9.3. It’s nice to be in single figures, but I don’t really care or pay much attention to my HI.

I’ve also had 2 hole in ones.

The one thing I’ve not done before and was the best golf thing of the year. Was to play in a competition with my son.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Finally, after many, many years it happened today.

Club comp, shot 10 pars and 8 bogies (HI 12.3) for a 79. I have broken 80 on a number of occasions - but first round ever with no double bogies or worse. 6 scores still to be posted, but leading by three shots.

Chuffed.

Anybody else had a first this year?

No I came close a couple of years ago having a double bogey free round. Stood on the 18th double bogey free. I knew it I had looked at my card a dozen times. Knobbed me drive and the ball lipped out for a 6. Dropped in a 7 for 1. Cue the bad language. Not come close since that day ☹️

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Handed someone their first dog licence in a singles k/o match, I felt guilty but standing on the 10th tee 7 up I could have closed that match out on 11th.