Old Farts v Whippersnappers 2019!!!! Sun 30th June/Monday 1st July.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bit short notice I know, but has anybody got a half decent pull/push trolley they could lend me for the week-end?
Looks like my GoKart has given up the ghost after a year of inactivity.....Pretty please????

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bit short notice I know, but has anybody got a half decent pull/push trolley they could lend me for the week-end?
Looks like my GoKart has given up the ghost after a year of inactivity.....Pretty please????

If you don’t get sorted you can use my leccy motocaddy and I’ll carry 👍🏌️

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've got a Clic gear in the garage if you need it Rob.

That would be fantastic if you could mate. Much appreciated. I can't carry because my bag doesn't have a carry strap, (and I'm too old and knackered anyway).
But your Clic gear would be really helpful and I'd love to take you up on the offer.
My GoKart battery has been playing up for a while now, it just sits permanently in the red "charging" state.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just a gentle reminder to all attending...................

I will be arriving at the hotel around mid-day, and will "set up camp" in the main hotel bar (to the right of reception).
I know the temptation when you arrive is to head up to the clubhouse bar, or the driving range, but it would really be appreciated if you could just come and say "Hi" and let me know you are actually there!
Also, the restaurant will want you to order your food choice BEFORE you head out on the course. Please ensure that you do this before disappearing in all directions, as it causes headaches later in the day.
You will be able to check in with reception but you won't be able to access your rooms until after you have played. A bit of a bugger, but that's how it is.
Wishing everybody a safe journey, really looking forward to catching up with people. If you have any last minute questions fire away.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, got a clickgear that I can bring.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
thanks Rob ,how did the fishing go mate and more to the point how are your very sore looking fingers.
Fingers aren't too bad thanks Bill. Luckily the burns were on the outside of my right hand fingers. On the other hand it would have been curtains for golf this weekend. Fishing went okay, chucked it down all night but I caught this nice Common carp in the morning

Attachments

• IMG_20190628_161413.jpg
    IMG_20190628_161413.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 18

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
thats a cracking looking kipper mate ,im guessing a near twenty ?
i much prefer a linear shaped carp than the pot belly pigs that to me are just not what a fish should look like.
good news on the fingers mate and looking forward to seeing you at Southborough sunday morning .

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
thats a cracking looking kipper mate, I'm guessing a near twenty ?
i much prefer a linear shaped carp than the pot belly pigs that to me are just not what a fish should look like.
good news on the fingers mate and looking forward to seeing you at Southborough sunday morning .

Not quite that big Bill, 14lb exactly.
Off to France next Saturday with 5 mates from my syndicate water. Fishing a lovely lake called Lake Beauregard.
Carp to 65 and Catfish to mid 90's but I won't be going for the Cats, can't stand the bloody things.
Should be a good laugh, a good bunch of lads.
Just hope the weather cools down a bit. Don't fancy sitting out in 30 degree heat, although I won't be fishing during the day.
Will rest the swim and just fish evenings/nights/early mornings.
(y)(y)(y)

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Off to France next Saturday with 5 mates from my syndicate water. Fishing a lovely lake called Lake Beauregard.
Carp to 65 and Catfish to mid 90's but I won't be going for the Cats, can't stand the bloody things.
Just hope the weather cools down a bit. Don't fancy sitting out in 30 degree heat, although I won't be fishing during the day.
(y)(y)(y)

Smiffy my mate says in France its 40+ during the day, you should be happy if its only 30!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
(y)(y)(y)

lay off the ale during the day mate ,water only and plenty of it .
a couple of my mates have fished that lake and the cats are a pain ,horrible slimy overgrown tadpoles .
have fun mate .(y)(y)