Old Farts v Whippersnappers 2019!!!! Sun 30th June/Monday 1st July.

D

Deleted member 17920

1st time playing in this forum meet and what an enjoyable couple of days.

Thanks to @Smiffy for arranging, its not easy arranging these meets then been a debt collector so great effort (y)

Nice to see true banditry is about in these meets as we got to play against some touring pro's :ROFLMAO: Bali from Leeds was awesome Davey 2 blue wasn't, Cameron eventually won the doubles match for us by hitting it so far off line he had a shot in, he played the 6th on the Forest from the Beeches course at least 120 yards off line ;)

Then singles got the worst draw imaginable @teegirl who I had been told was steady and then got told I was giving her 9 shots!!! yes 9 shots, well turned up having a slight hangover, that didn't matter though as Jan was dynamite and I was 4 down after 5 and she is just bullet straight and putting wise is a cat 1 golfer, anyway I managed to get it to 4 down with 4 to play, won the 15th so 3 down with 3 to play, I hit the green par 4 in 2, Jan puts in the trees, chips out, hits 3 wood towards the bunker and hits the edge and it runs all the way round the bunker onto the green :eek: she then hit the worst putt all day 20ft past with a tricky downhiller, I get the par and she needs that 20ft for the match and she only goes and bloody holes it :LOL: lost 3 & 2 and I was chuffed to get that far :ROFLMAO:

Great weekend, thanks all :)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Nice to see true banditry is about in these meets as we got to play against some touring pro's :ROFLMAO: Bali from Leeds was awesome Davey 2 blue wasn't, Cameron eventually won the doubles match for us by hitting it so far off line he had a shot in, he played the 6th on the Forest from the Beeches course at least 120 yards off line ;)
It was the 5th and I still made par. It's about knowing where to miss and hoping that the wild shot goes there......

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers for an eventful week/ weekend all!

Really sorry about the Sunday, a mixture of ale, dead phone (alarm) and a complete lack of knowing the tee timings ended up me driving home without playing, again.

That trophy really summed up my meet 🤦‍♂️🥴

Great to meet up again and can’t wait for sunningdale 👍🏻

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Really sorry about the Sunday, a mixture of ale, dead phone (alarm) and a complete lack of knowing the tee timings ended up me driving home without playing, again.

Check the dates Davie(y):ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 17920

You just playing the 1st day at Sunningdale Davey 😂

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
many thanks to Smiffy for running a superb event ,unfortunately my golf wasnt at the same standard ,but having been 4 down through 10 on sunday my partner in crime and myself managed to scramble a very hard earned half point .monday saw me up against zorro and 2 down thru 2 set the tone for another fight back which ended with me missing a maradona on the last to hand a 1 up win to the snappers. [maradona= a nasty little five footer]
many thanks must go to Ray Taylor as he was my driver and managed to keep a very cool head when we were caught in a huge tail back on the 25 at lakeside. absolte gridlock for nigh on two bloody hours.
looking forward now to the coventry meet and then onto Tandridge .
highlight of the trip was seeing Fish get up and manfully carry on after being hit by an exocet from grumpy jock ,we were on the tee and heard it thwack into him ,we rushed up in a buggy to see if he was ok and thankfully he was ,good job he wasn two inches shorter or is that a good job he only has a little one as it could have been very nasty .
all in all a cracking weekend .

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's worth putting Waze on your phone Bill. I checked as we were coming down M11 and our chosen route (Dartford) was suddenly showing as taking at least an hour longer than original timing, so trusted it and took the suggested diverted route via Blackwall Tunnel. Obviously heavy rush hour traffic but still got home in 4 hours with a stop on the way.

Would echo everyone's comments re the meet. I must have been going to these for 10/11 years now and enjoyed each and every one. This was the biggest to date and it's so good meeting up with peeps that I see a few times a year, some once a year, and the occasional new faces - oh and one who, although we instantly recognised each other, have apparently never met at a Forum meet or anywhere else. It's not even that I have ever been (or likely to go) to Inverness...... Go figure. :unsure: Apologies if I forget your names at first - it's an age thing.

Anyway. Thanks Smiffy. As always, fantastic meet as always and good news that you will be organising it for next year.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's worth putting Waze on your phone Bill. I checked as we were coming down M11 and our chosen route (Dartford) was suddenly showing as taking at least an hour longer than original timing, so trusted it and took the suggested diverted route via Blackwall Tunnel. Obviously heavy rush hour traffic but still got home in 4 hours with a stop on the way.

Would echo everyone's comments re the meet. I must have been going to these for 10/11 years now and enjoyed each and every one. This was the biggest to date and it's so good meeting up with peeps that I see a few times a year, some once a year, and the occasional new faces - oh and one who, although we instantly recognised each other, have apparently never met at a Forum meet or anywhere else. It's not even that I have ever been (or likely to go) to Inverness...... Go figure. :unsure: Apologies if I forget your names at first - it's an age thing.

Anyway. Thanks Smiffy. As always, fantastic meet as always and good news that you will be organising it for next year.
it might have been Crime watch on second thoughts;)

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
thanks to Smiffy for another great weekend, nice to meet up with everyone both old and new and particularly my playing partners Jim, Gordon, Les and Robin.

not a bad weekend on the golf front, played really well on the sunday and then pretty decent on the monday despite coming up a bit short in a tough, enjoyable game against a very solid Fish.

look forward to seeing some of you again soon at either Sunningdale or Tandridge

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a bad old weekend all said and done. Peaked a little to early on Friday and was all down hill from there.

Cannot fault the company all weekend as it was great as usual, shame about my golf.

Cheers Smiffy for organising another great weekend.

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My first Old Farts... meet and will definitely be back again.

Thank you very much Rob for your organising skills and glad you are going to do it all again next year. Well done Stu for being a winning captain.

A pleasure to play with all of my playing partners but special mention to Jan for some very steady golf especially off the tee and on the green and to Blue in Munich for letting me somehow take a half off him on Monday despite my condition having been held hostage in the bar till quite late / early.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
A belated reply on behalf of the cast of Last of the Summer Wine.

The 4 of us were delighted by the company of Farts and Snappers alike and can't wait to sign up for next year. It was great to see all the familiar faces, and all the new ones - although some had a distinct greenish pallor on Monday morning - you know who you are.

As the senior Fart, I feel entitled to a bit of own trumpet blowing. As Norrin Radd mentioned we had a miraculous hard fought half on Sunday and I remained undefeated with a singles win on Monday.

For Blue-in-Munich - You asked after Raph (regulars may remember he was a leading light for the Farts 2 years ago). I had to play him in the Club Singles Knockout the day after Forest Pines and beat him 3 & 1.