Old farts 2023

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have some prices from Forest of Arden;

Travel Date: Sun 9 Apr 2023
Package: 1 night's dinner, bed & breakfast at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club and 2 rounds of golf (Arden, Aylesford)
Golfers in a Twin: £151.00 per person
Golfers in a single room: £196.00 per person

let me know what the preferred option is

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am struggling to get around that time Dando me man. Am 60 the month before and Missis T wants to take me away somewhere around me birthday so has told me to plan nowt yet. ?
Al be following the thread closely ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have some prices from Forest of Arden;

Travel Date: Sun 9 Apr 2023
Package: 1 night's dinner, bed & breakfast at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club and 2 rounds of golf (Arden, Aylesford)
Golfers in a Twin: £151.00 per person
Golfers in a single room: £196.00 per person

let me know what the preferred option is
Not played the Aylesford...haven't heard good things about it..it's ok but is it good enough?
Anyone played it?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Not played the Aylesford...haven't heard good things about it..it's ok but is it good enough?
Anyone played it?
Played 'em both in 2010. I remember that the food was brilliant.
Aylesford is good and Arden is prettier - if you like pretty - more trees and deer roaming about.
Much prefer FoA to Belfry.

Not played FP and would be happy to go there.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played both the Aylesford and the Arden many years back and the Arden being the main course was much the better and, like the Belfry, you wouldn't want to play there without at least a round on the top track, but preferably both rounds imo

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We were part of a massive corporate day with guys flying in from Scotland and Ireland to play the Arden course. At the last minute they shoved us all out on the Aylesford. What a goat track in comparison. People went absolutely bonkers about it and I vowed never to return. And I haven't...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We were part of a massive corporate day with guys flying in from Scotland and Ireland to play the Arden course. At the last minute they shoved us all out on the Aylesford. What a goat track in comparison. People went absolutely bonkers about it and I vowed never to return. And I haven't...

Gives Lydd a good run

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gives Lydd a good run

Not having a dig, just curious as to why Lydd is seen as the San Marino of golf courses.

Never been to Lydd golf course and having seen all the “bad press” about it on the forum I had a quick look at their website. Apparently it is a championship golf course ?. At £29 a round on a weekend it must be the bargain of the century. Is it really that bad?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not having a dig, just curious as to why Lydd is seen as the San Marino of golf courses.

Never been to Lydd golf course and having seen all the “bad press” about it on the forum I had a quick look at their website. Apparently it is a championship golf course ?. At £29 a round on a weekend it must be the bargain of the century. Is it really that bad?

Lydd was pretty awful when first opened, flat and soulless. A few years ago they obtained many tons of soil from a big development and built up the sides of fairways and it seemed to develop some character. The holes can be quite long and there's lakes and water ditches, and when I played it about 3 years back we had the view that if a fair amount of money was spent there it could rival the likes of Littlestone. The maintenance was pretty poor and bunkers were in a state but we just said what it could be!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
so i have made a few enquiries for Sunday 9th april 2023 (masters sunday) and here are the prices;

Celtic Manor

1 Night, Bed And Breakfast at Resort Hotel (2 people sharing - double or twin)

1 round at Twenty Ten Course (approx 11am tee off)
1 round at Montgomerie Course (approx 9am tee off)

Price per person:£242.00

single room supplement £60

this is based on 24 golfers

looking at the on site restaurants an evening meal will cost another £40 or so plus drinks are £6 a pint

Forest Pines

2023 rates not available yet but if we are too book soon they will probably honour the 2022 rates which are;

1 night dinner, bed and breakfast
2 rounds of golf - courses TBA

Price per person £119 based on twin or double

single room supplement £40

based on 24 golfers
Single room for me please at Forest Pines 2023.

What date is it?