A very sad day for me

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have problems with your Hamstrings and Glutes Gareth, i had the same problem every morning id wake up with a stiff back same after carrying. I saw TPI instructor who gave a load of exercises to build up both ,now no pain. Go onto the TPI website and have a look,all exercises can be done in the house

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I switched to using a trolley when I had lower back pain a few years back. I still use it today and carrying now is the exception rather than the rule. No more back problems (touch wood).:)

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
had the self same issue. First went to a pull trolley, but that didn't help. When I finally took the leap to a powered trolley - what a difference that made. Walking behind the trolley with no strain on the back made such an improvement!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I use my electric trolley whatever!

How can I be sure that using a carry bag won't severely curtail my playing life, I'm not prepared to take that risk

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having suffered with lower back problems since I was 15 from an injury I have never carried.
I did think about it last year and talking to Richard our pro he said"Why make a difficult game harder?"
He's got a point to be fair. I don't carry and won't carry unless absolutely necessary.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Jeepers creepers G that was homeresque in its length.
Sure we all know that if you can't carry, you're a hacker. ;) :)
My advice, chill, worse things happen in life that deserve a "sad day" title and using a trolley isn't that big a deal. The day you get a remote control one will be though.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Jeepers creepers G that was homeresque in its length.
Sure we all know that if you can't carry, you're a hacker. ;) :)
My advice, chill, worse things happen in life that deserve a "sad day" title and using a trolley isn't that big a deal. The day you get a remote control one will be though.

Thanks for the support Brendy.

.... I think :D

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who really cares how you get your clubs around the course, the fact you're able to play is the only important thing, honestly being disappointed about not being able to carry clubs is a bit sad because really you can still carry your clubs, just not as frequently, which is no bad thing

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Just trying to source a decent push trolley as my back is playing up quite a lot lately. I suffer on and off not just through golf but now I'm playing quite a lot again I know the back issues will be more frequent so I need to try and improve everything I can to keep it to a minimum.

Looks like none of us would make successful caddies!!!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I carry my bag and enjoy the A to B nature instead of having to plan my route.

If using a light bag with double strap I don't think it is bad for my back. In fact I think it will be good for me in the long run.

I am often perplexed by golfers in their 20s with an electric trolley!

D

Deleted member 15344

Think it will be a debate that will go on forever - the pros and cons of carrying over pushing

Think couple years back it was recommend that youngsters carry for some reason now speaking to a county coach they recommend a trolley to ease stress on the back

Carrying the weight constantly week in week out will at some stage Imo cause issues with the lower back

I went to a trolley 4 years ago due to lower back issues - when the course goes to carry only i certainly suffer the next day

Leave your shoulders free from stress - conserve all energy for playing the shots and taking paths at times allows you to not rush around and just gives thinking time.

It also allows you to carry plenty of extra equipment and clothing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest Homer, I'm still weighing up the options.

I did however have a play with a Motocaddy S1 Lite Push and was very impressed with it.

Also weighing up Clicgear and Sun Mountain alternatives.

Is it a push/pull or will you go down the leccy route. Can't beat GK really although HID got me a Motocaddy M3 and I can't knock that

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a dodgy lower back but seems to be working in the reverse to the OP. It actually feels better when I've carried. The golf helps with the turning etc to strengthen, that and not being behind a desk anymore.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is it a push/pull or will you go down the leccy route. Can't beat GK really although HID got me a Motocaddy M3 and I can't knock that

Just looking into a push option at the minute.

Not really one for electric, although I have owned one in the past.

Besides. If I get the s1 push, I'll have enough funds for the matching bag :smirk:

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looking into a push option at the minute.

Not really one for electric, although I have owned one in the past.

Besides. If I get the s1 push, I'll have enough funds for the matching bag :smirk:

So you have already owned a trolley before? Why the trauma?