not what i wanted to hear

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i had a text from my golfing partner and best mate yesterday,i hadnt heard from him for a couple of weeks and assumed as usual that he had gone away on his holibobs as he normally does at this time of year, well it turns out that he has been in hospital having been diagnosed with lung cancer that has already infected a second site in his body, that alone was devastating news but ,he the added that he has had a stroke as well and has left him without the use of his left arm and left leg .I was absolutely stunned and contacted him straight away ,but what do you say to someone that has only a few months at best left to live. even if i knew what to say it wouldnt help him in any way ,life is such a b`stard at times and kicks you in the teeth whenever it feels like it.
I just hope that he can fight it off and be one of the lucky ones who do survive this evil that has infected his body.
Get well soon Ray.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
i had a text from my golfing partner and best mate yesterday,i hadnt heard from him for a couple of weeks and assumed as usual that he had gone away on his holibobs as he normally does at this time of year, well it turns out that he has been in hospital having been diagnosed with lung cancer that has already infected a second site in his body, that alone was devastating news but ,he the added that he has had a stroke as well and has left him without the use of his left arm and left leg .I was absolutely stunned and contacted him straight away ,but what do you say to someone that has only a few months at best left to live. even if i knew what to say it wouldnt help him in any way ,life is such a b`stard at times and kicks you in the teeth whenever it feels like it.
I just hope that he can fight it off and be one of the lucky ones who do survive this evil that has infected his body.
Get well soon Ray.

Sorry to hear that. Tough to take but all you can do is stand strong aside your mate and be as good a friend as you can be in the time left. Having lost both parents to cancer I fully understand what an insidious disease it is