Does Rory need to change Caddy

Does Rory need to change caddy

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 25575

Again, you're making a big assumption as to how Harry Diamond lives his personal life. He may well have adapted to his current income, and if that doesn't come through anymore might have to make significant changes to his lifestyle, downsize, etc. He'd still have more money that the rest of us put together probably, but he probably doesn't live in a medium sized semi detached house?

I think his net worth is around £15 million. I could live on that. It would still be disappointing if that income suddenly came to an end though. I'd certainly like to think I'd understand my mates decision, but it doesn't make it any less painful that the professional relationship has come to an end. And, if I employed a mate, I'd feel really bad about terminating that relationship knowing that is would significantly reduce their income.
🤣
If Rory thought it was for the best for himself, and he was still worried about his friend who he had made a millionaire many times over, he could move Harry to be his media manager, or shoe cleaner, or talk partner and pay him more than enough each year to cover whatever expense he and his family ever had.
Caddie player relationships come to an end all the time, I’m sure it’s often not easy but if a player needs to move in he needs to move on.
I’m not arguing that Rory does need to change caddie, but if he genuinely thought it was going to be what was required to win his next major, both he and Harry would understand

Swango1980

Visit site
🤣
If Rory thought it was for the best for himself, and he was still worried about his friend who he had made a millionaire many times over, he could move Harry to be his media manager, or shoe cleaner, or talk partner and pay him more than enough each year to cover whatever expense he and his family ever had.
Caddie player relationships come to an end all the time, I’m sure it’s often not easy but if a player needs to move in he needs to move on.
I’m not arguing that Rory does need to change caddie, but if he genuinely thought it was going to be what was required to win his next major, both he and Harry would understand
Rory may not believe he needs a new caddy to be honest. In fact, that much is probably certainly true.

Whether his belief is a matter of fact is another issue. I'm sure I make all sorts of life decisions that I think are best for me, but looking back the decision was probably just the easiest decision to make, rather than what would have been the best decision.

D

Deleted member 25575

Rory may not believe he needs a new caddy to be honest. In fact, that much is probably certainly true.

Whether his belief is a matter of fact is another issue. I'm sure I make all sorts of life decisions that I think are best for me, but looking back the decision was probably just the easiest decision to make, rather than what would have been the best decision.
Yes looking back with regret is something I’ve become adept at

Swango1980

Visit site
Saw this pop up yesterday.

I think the key to Rory getting another major over the line is changing his mentality to winning and losing.

Look how pragmatic he was back here, despite a devastating final round.

Get back to this mindset Rory.

I thought Rory has always been pretty pragmatic when he steps back to analyze things. Of course, you'll probably behave differently in the immediate aftermath of such disappointments, depending on your circumstances. As he said there, he was young and would have plenty more chances, which offers comfort. But, as he gets older, that comfort is no longer there when he faces similar disappointments.

And in the heat of the round, all golfers face mental struggles, as Rory showed that day at the age of 21

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interestingly, the author of the piece Ben Smith is a member of my club and he has also done pieces asking the same questions regarding McIlroys majors scarring and his relationship with his caddie. I think he is simply reporting the McIlroy quotes but for a lot of people these questions still ring loudly. On a separate note, who can forget this at the Scottish Open https://www.golfmagic.com/tour/pga-...s-you-all-saw-it-tv-so-you-know-what-happened

prap

Visit site
How players of all sports perform can be down to something as simple as the coaches personality and how that makes a player feel during pressure moments. This can also apply to golf where the player needs to commit to shots to have the best chance of executing. With the right caddy the golfer develops confidence that he is taking the correct approach / making the right decision.. It is not about liking your coach / caddy etc but more about how the caddy makes the player feel in key moments that can make the difference between winning and finishing runner up. There are many examples of Teams that change coach and with the same players suddenly start performing. Time for Rory to change something that perhaps will trigger this change.