Not happy with AG.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the morning off today so thought I would play golf.
Had a small job booked at 2pm.
Raining all morning so looked up AG website and booked a SAM putt lab session .
on the site every time was available so not busy.
Got to shop 10 mile drive it was empty.
I am practicing on putting green when assistant starts to set up for someone else at 12.20pm.
I said “ I have booked this for 12.30pm “ he just said “we’re running late you will have to rebook you should have phoned”

Whats the point of an online booking system if you have to phone as well?

I received a txt and email confirmation of my appointment so they knew I was coming.

To say I wasn’t happy was an understatement, Pish poor AG
Wasted my time and petrol .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:rofl: That's hilariously poor. When you arrived did you alert them to your presence and let them know you were there for your booking? I would have done that at least. Why did they say you'd have to rebook rather than just wait half an hour or whatever?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:rofl: That's hilariously poor. When you arrived did you alert them to your presence and let them know you were there for your booking? I would have done that at least. Why did they say you'd have to rebook rather than just wait half an hour or whatever?
I booked that time Because I had a job at 2pm but couldn’t wait.
If that time was booked on the website I would have booked earlier slot.
When he started setting it up I thought it was for me.
I had been on the practice green for 20 mins with my two putters .
There was only me in the shop until the other guy rocked up.
Dont know if he phoned up but that slot should have been booked.

D

Deleted member 16999

So why not show them your confirmation and tell them to tell the other guy to rebook!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Pm Elmoag on here, he's high up in AG and will want to know about the problem and to sort it out for you if it's possible. He's a decent guy.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So why not show them your confirmation and tell them to tell the other guy to rebook!
to be honest I was a bit gobsmacked and never really caused a fuss.
In hindsight I should have asked for the manager.

when I arrived the guy behind the counter was serving someone , he said hello so I just made my way to the putting area it’s upstairs.

Next a younger guy is setting everything up I assumed it was for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pm Elmoag on here, he's high up in AG and will want to know about the problem and to sort it out for you if it's possible. He's a decent guy.
Thanks But I don’t want a fitting of somebody I have complained about .
i will go to tour x.
Just really bad customer service,

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep...Complain to AG's higher ups!

Unacceptable behaviour if that's how they act!

And, from what I've heard/seen, TourX is a massive step up!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Exactly. You booked and had written confirmation. I'd have definitely made a fuss and insisted the other guy waited or re-booked. IMO it's typical American Golf and sad that there are some really good stores out there providing a good level of service and a lot of others that fall short.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, their online system seems to be a right shambles.
I ordered a polo shirt for click and collect at a local store, website said it was in stock so stuck in the my basket and paid.
Went to the store who had no knowledge of my order and didn't even have the shirt in stock. In fairness the manager was excellent and after showing him my order confirmation let me choose another shirt which was actually more expensive.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yep, their online system seems to be a right shambles.
I ordered a polo shirt for click and collect at a local store, website said it was in stock so stuck in the my basket and paid.
Went to the store who had no knowledge of my order and didn't even have the shirt in stock. In fairness the manager was excellent and after showing him my order confirmation let me choose another shirt which was actually more expensive.

This last sentance answers all questions. You have booked a lesson, you were right to assume they were setting up for you. Where you dropped a gooley was not saying you have the lesson booked at said time. I would of said summat end of. When AG knew that they had dropped a gooley the ball was in there court to do something. They didn't. Poor show.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This last sentance answers all questions. You have booked a lesson, you were right to assume they were setting up for you. Where you dropped a gooley was not saying you have the lesson booked at said time. I would of said summat end of. When AG knew that they had dropped a gooley the ball was in there court to do something. They didn't. Poor show.
I did say I had booked !
He told me to rebook it as I couldn’t wait I had to go to work at 2pm.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure why the other guy should have to rebook, the Op said the shop assistant said they were running late. So surely the question is why and how late are you running. Becuase no follow up questions were asked maybe the other guy had been messed around too.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Your a better man than me for letting this go......I would have literally went ballistic......that is unbelievable. I would be ranting about this right to the top - truly unacceptable

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't think the shop are made aware of bookings unless they check, which they don't.
I booked in for a fitting 2 hours before i went, guy didn't know anything about it.
I've also booked in for a fitting 4 days in advance, different shop but the same zero knowledge of the booking when i arrived.
They're equally as bad online, asked a question and was given the wrong info. However, like someone said about the more expensive item, they make up for it by the manager looking after you and resolving the issues.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure why the other guy should have to rebook, the Op said the shop assistant said they were running late. So surely the question is why and how late are you running. Becuase no follow up questions were asked maybe the other guy had been messed around too.
When I booked online all times were available so he hadn’t booked before me .
How can you be running late if you have NO bookings.
If the other guy phoned up they should have updated the booking on the website!

No follow up questions were asked because I never had time to wait , I had to be in work for 2pm on the other side of the city!
Thats why I picked that time .