Not happy with AG.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I booked online all times were available so he hadn’t booked before me .
How can you be running late if you have NO bookings.
If the other guy phoned up they should have updated the booking on the website!

No follow up questions were asked because I never had time to wait , I had to be in work for 2pm on the other side of the city!
Thats why I picked that time .

You'd have to go by what the shop assistant said, the other guy could have phoned and booked about the same time you booked online and they hadn't updated the system. I don't think it should be automatic that the other guy cancels and re-books without all the information which you don't have because no other questions were asked. I get that you had somewhere else to be but as you say you spent time and petrol to get there so why not ask questions, instead of just coming on here and complaining without all the facts.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'd have to go by what the shop assistant said, the other guy could have phoned and booked about the same time you booked online and they hadn't updated the system. I don't think it should be automatic that the other guy cancels and re-books without all the information which you don't have because no other questions were asked. I get that you had somewhere else to be but as you say you spent time and petrol to get there so why not ask questions, instead of just coming on here and complaining without all the facts.
He had started fitting the bloke what am I supposed to say STOP?
I asked him the question , he told me to rebook.

I wasn’t going to stand and argue with him in the shop.
I am not blaming the assistant ,but questioning the system they use that can book two people at the same time that’s poor.
Just telling me to rebook was poor imo , it’s not my job to find out what went wrong but obviously something is not right.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Personally as soon as I arrived at the store I would have gone to the counter and told them I was there for my fitting at 12:30, would have saved a lot of aggro later.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not tricky this one. Shop has booking system. Customer makes booking. Shop ignores booking system.

There is no defence, customer is not at fault in any way.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally as soon as I arrived at the store I would have gone to the counter and told them I was there for my fitting at 12:30, would have saved a lot of aggro later.
Yes possibly but he was serving somebody I didn’t like interrupting and just went to putting green.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He had started fitting the bloke what am I supposed to say STOP?
I asked him the question , he told me to rebook.

I wasn’t going to stand and argue with him in the shop.
I am not blaming the assistant ,but questioning the system they use that can book two people at the same time that’s poor.
Just telling me to rebook was poor imo , it’s not my job to find out what went wrong but obviously something is not right.

Didn't say it was your job to find out but by not asking any questions of the assistant or manager then it hasn't highlighted the issue to be looked at. It's funny that people will complain about something well after the fact and not give the company a chance to fix or help resolve the issue, but will happily complain online and try paint a bad picture of the company.

I also agree with D4S, make yourself known that you are there for an appointment. Even if he is serving just wait until he's finished. You said you were there early and also rushed for time, so if you had made it known you were there they could have taken you early and got you out well before your other appointment.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't say it was your job to find out but by not asking any questions of the assistant or manager then it hasn't highlighted the issue to be looked at. It's funny that people will complain about something well after the fact and not give the company a chance to fix or help resolve the issue, but will happily complain online and try paint a bad picture of the company.

I also agree with D4S, make yourself known that you are there for an appointment. Even if he is serving just wait until he's finished. You said you were there early and also rushed for time, so if you had made it known you were there they could have taken you early and got you out well before your other appointment.
In hindsight yes all you say is reasonable,but it just played out different.
There was only one assistant in the shop and he was serving somebody.

The younger lad must have been in the back of the shop, I didn’t see him.
The manager was not there , I know for a fact it’s a woman I never saw her.

When he arrived on the green I assumed he was setting up for me until the other bloke arrived.
The greens upstairs so I couldn’t see the rest of the shop.

as I said It’s the system they use ,or don’t in this case that’s at fault!

I wasn’t rushed for time as I had made an appointment to ensure I had time 12.30/1pm lots of time to get to work.
Wait until after 1pm /130pm late for work , see the problem!

so I stand my ground , what then you have two blokes trying to use the same equipment with one fitter, that usually ends in an argument or worse.

You got shares in AG or something as it all seems to be my fault in your posts.

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

When he arrived on the green I assumed he was setting up for me until the other bloke arrived.

so I stand my ground , what then you have two blokes trying to use the same equipment with one fitter, that usually ends in an argument or worse.

No shares in AG, and not saying it's your fault. I totally agree that yes if you have booked then you should get the time you wanted and agree that the assistant saying you should re-book is bad service and maybe he should have given a different response. Just think that sometimes people are quick to complain online and not actually giving the company a chance to respond or try to fix the issue.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think 100% would agree AG is wrong in this, but by walking away and taking your business elsewhere you’re not giving AG a right of reply or helping to avoid this happening to someone else, by all means go somewhere else, it’s your choice, but how many times have you read about someone having a bad experience and others remark how it happened to them as well.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No shares in AG, and not saying it's your fault. I totally agree that yes if you have booked then you should get the time you wanted and agree that the assistant saying you should re-book is bad service and maybe he should have given a different response. Just think that sometimes people are quick to complain online and not actually giving the company a chance to respond or try to fix the issue.
i have been contacted by a representative of the company .
I will give them a chance to explain but can’t see them sorting it as it’s already happened.

As anything in life first impressions are everything , business know this and try hard to keep customers happy.

This just puts everyone on the back foot but was totally avoidable.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think 100% would agree AG is wrong in this, but by walking away and taking your business elsewhere you’re not giving AG a right of reply or helping to avoid this happening to someone else, by all means go somewhere else, it’s your choice, but how many times have you read about someone having a bad experience and others remark how it happened to them as well.
Just one point
I made an appointment but as it stands in the record i

1 never turned up as no fitting took place.
2 Had fitting but never paid or bought putter
3 other guy took my place and record shows this.

AG havnt contacted me to ask why, they have my details online on booking form,
so to give them a right of reply is difficult.
The manager wasn’t there to explain my problem.

i think it has obviously happened to others as has been said .

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you had an appointment with your doctor would you walk in and take a seat in the waiting
room or check in with the receptionist first?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you had an appointment with your doctor would you walk in and take a seat in the waiting
room or check in with the receptionist first?
He told the assistant he had booked for that time.
AG are fully in the wrong, and their staff should react better than they did.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not defending AG or their system or staff but with a bit of common sense this whole situation could have been avoided.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree the OP should have made his presence clear when he went in, sadly not doing so may have contributed to this mess. We may never know hat would have happened had he done this. It is reasonable to assume lots of people don't show up to appointments and given that you did not make your presence clear they MAY have acted as a result of this.

On reflection and I'm sad to say - OP you should have done this. The store could not guess that the 'person standing in the store' was the person who booked an appointment

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree the OP should have made his presence clear when he went in, sadly not doing so may have contributed to this mess. We may never know hat would have happened had he done this. It is reasonable to assume lots of people don't show up to appointments and given that you did not make your presence clear they MAY have acted as a result of this.

On reflection and I'm sad to say - OP you should have done this. The store could not guess that the 'person standing in the store' was the person who booked an appointment
Yes In hindsight that’s possible .
But I DID make my presence known 10 mins before my appointment time but he had already started fitting other bloke.
How much time do they need, I could have turned up at 12.25 I would still be in the same position.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just one point
I made an appointment but as it stands in the record i

1 never turned up as no fitting took place.
2 Had fitting but never paid or bought putter
3 other guy took my place and record shows this.

AG havnt contacted me to ask why, they have my details online on booking form,
so to give them a right of reply is difficult.
The manager wasn’t there to explain my problem.

i think it has obviously happened to others as has been said .
People on here have given you the username ( elmoag ) of a forum user who works for ag and suggested you drop him a pm and explain how dissatisfied you are with what happened.
He’s really helpful and will get you feedback.