What the F is wrong with some people???

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Someone offers an opinion on your post and all you can do is abuse them. Very much proving my point. Perhaps you'd benefit from some customer care training?

Do you not look back on your post's and sometimes think " umm i may have got that one wrong ?" especially as you seem to be the only one among many with such an opposing view ?
Do you work with the public ? If so you would know how the tiny minority have a terrible attitude that they are right and everyone else is wrong ,,,,,,,,hang on a minute ,,,,,sounds like i am describing you :unsure:
However its ok you can spin it and decide everyone else is wrong and you are right.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Do you not look back on your post's and sometimes think " umm i may have got that one wrong ?" especially as you seem to be the only one among many with such an opposing view ?
Do you work with the public ? If so you would know how the tiny minority have a terrible attitude that they are right and everyone else is wrong ,,,,,,,,hang on a minute ,,,,,sounds like i am describing you :unsure:
However its ok you can spin it and decide everyone else is wrong and you are right.
What opposing view is that? The OP is clearly looking for affirmation of his own actions and his responses confirm that. I'm sure the customer in question was a total dick , but a degree of professionalism needs to be maintained or we're no better.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
What opposing view is that? The OP is clearly looking for affirmation of his own actions and his responses confirm that. I'm sure the customer in question was a total dick , but a degree of professionalism needs to be maintained or we're no better.
The OP does not ask for affirmation , he just runs through the scenario indeed he tried to ring to apologize . Nowhere do i see how he confirms your view on the matter .
As for professionalism from what i have read , and indeed i do not know the OP,but i think he went beyond by trying to apologize to the man.
And the customer showed his character in the incident with the lady who called for his car and in the call to his manager ,so again you seem to be dismissing 3 cases of abuse
just to dig at the OP and that to me is opposing the views of of the incident you were provided with and the opinions of plenty of posters on here .

As much as i like to see different opinions some of which we can learn from ,some just want to stir the pot and offer no value .

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
The OP does not ask for affirmation , he just runs through the scenario indeed he tried to ring to apologize . Nowhere do i see how he confirms your view on the matter .
As for professionalism from what i have read , and indeed i do not know the OP,but i think he went beyond by trying to apologize to the man.
And the customer showed his character in the incident with the lady who called for his car and in the call to his manager ,so again you seem to be dismissing 3 cases of abuse
just to dig at the OP and that to me is opposing the views of of the incident you were provided with and the opinions of plenty of posters on here .

As much as i like to see different opinions some of which we can learn from ,some just want to stir the pot and offer no value .
I'm sorry, but the phrases

"I lost it", "shouted at him" and "rang to apologise"

Tell me the OP lost control of the situation and could have handled it better and is only interested in getting affirmation from his mates.

The abusive responses I have received just back that up.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Happy Birthday Smiffy.

I’m with you on this. Customer is a complete and utter twonk. You made a small judgement mistake and apologised. Doubt that the customer will apologise for their shortcomings.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Tell me the OP lost control of the situation and could have handled it better and is only interested in getting affirmation from his mates.

They tell me that the OP is human, rather than a robot who can stand there and take unfair abuse.

And as for affirmation, I think the OP got that from his manager and the lady who collected the guy's car - who both got a mouthful of abuse from the guy as well.

Smiffy, as someone else has said I think you went above and beyond by trying to apologise. You had nothing to apologise for.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had the odd bell-end on the phone in my time. If they are having a rant i just go quiet, wait for them to finish, stay quiet a bit longer then speak after they ask if i'm still there. I just say "Yes i am, i was just waiting for you to finish", puts them on the back foot.
If they are effing and jeffing i give them 3 warnings and advise i will terminate the call if the continue to be abusive. I've had to terminate the call a few times.

To Smiffy "losing it", it's human. There is only so long a person can retain composure when being abused. Yes, the aim is to stay profesional but everyone snaps at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if Smiffy's boss refuses to service that guys car in the future. Any custom is accepted at the managers discretion after all.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's one thing to be verbally abusive down a phone, but it's another thing when they are verbally of physically abusive when you are in their prescence.
I have had attempted physical abuse (punches thrown) and had obviosuly aggressive dogs set upon me and always within a customers house.
Of course they have always claimed it was my fault, my fault they didnt have money to pay for the repair, my fault they knew they weren't under warranty, my fault the machine failed, my fault for everything.
It's very easy to loose your rag in situations but you try not to and definately don't retaliate just pick up your stuff, and try and walk out.
Soometimes dealing with the public can be an absolute nightmare, but for every as.s hole theres a 100 nice ones:)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The abusive responses I have received just back that up.

They say "least said, soonest mended" but in this instance I'll continue for a little more.
I repeat, I was not posting to get affirmation from my "mates". I was posting to ask "what is wrong with some people". But thanks are due for the assumption that the vast majority on here are my "mates". I am not worthy.
You seem to have a "vendetta" against me for some reason. This is not the first time you have had little digs at me. Is it because I appear to have so many "mates?" Is it because I'm a better golfer? I dunno what it is. We have never met, (as far as I am aware), so I'm really at a loss.
Your first comment on this thread was to ask what I had done. I responded, but wish I hadn't. It turned out, as I suspected it would, that I was just giving you a little fuel for your particular bonfire.
Your next contribution was to "like" the one post that went against the majority (the only "like" on that post I may add). This was the first post that said I should have handled the situation a little better.
I myself admitted this by saying that I tried to apologise to the customer by phoning him back. I didn't try to phone him back to antagonise him further, despite what you might think. I was met with further verbal abuse from the guy. So I hung up and gave up trying.
In truth, I think I'm quite a decent bloke. I know the difference between right and wrong, and I felt that I had done wrong.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
They say "least said, soonest mended" but in this instance I'll continue for a little more.
I repeat, I was not posting to get affirmation from my "mates". I was posting to ask "what is wrong with some people". But thanks are due for the assumption that the vast majority on here are my "mates". I am not worthy.
You seem to have a "vendetta" against me for some reason. This is not the first time you have had little digs at me. Is it because I appear to have so many "mates?" Is it because I'm a better golfer? I dunno what it is. We have never met, (as far as I am aware), so I'm really at a loss.
Your first comment on this thread was to ask what I had done. I responded, but wish I hadn't. It turned out, as I suspected it would, that I was just giving you a little fuel for your particular bonfire.
Your next contribution was to "like" the one post that went against the majority (the only "like" on that post I may add). This was the first post that said I should have handled the situation a little better.
I myself admitted this by saying that I tried to apologise to the customer by phoning him back. I didn't try to phone him back to antagonise him further, despite what you might think. I was met with further verbal abuse from the guy. So I hung up and gave up trying.
In truth, I think I'm quite a decent bloke. I know the difference between right and wrong, and I felt that I had done wrong.
And then proceeded to be abusive to someone on a golf forum who's opinion you didn't like. You can just ignore me you know.