What the F is wrong with some people???

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not disputing that, however at the end of the day they "pay your wages"!
That suggests they can behave as they like. Good behaviour is a two way street. As a business owner I would blacklist this customer and tell him to take his business elsewhere. At that point he is no longer 'paying your wages'.
Some customers are simply not worth having, the money is not worth it.

I've done this with abusive customers previously and would have no hesitation in doing it again in similar circumstances. Very rare but it does happen on occasions. Damned satisfying I can tell you and better for your mental health not to have to deal with unpleasant people.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I worked for the Post Office for many years and despite being a so-called public service even we had the power to ban customers should the need arise. There is only so much anyone should have to take.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That suggests they can behave as they like. Good behaviour is a two way street. As a business owner I would blacklist this customer and tell him to take his business elsewhere. At that point he is no longer 'paying your wages'.

I've done this with abusive customers previously and would have no hesitation in doing it again in similar circumstances. Very rare but it does happen on occasions. Damned satisfying I can tell you and better for your mental health not to have to deal with unpleasant people.

Thing is "if" the car is under warranty then the customer has a contract with you. (We know nothing about this incident)

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

However, I think companies nowadays then to give more sway to the customer as they are scared of the social media reaction. Only takes one idiot to put something bad on Twitter/Facebook and a companies reputation is ruined

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thing is "if" the car is under warranty then the customer has a contract with you. (We know nothing about this incident)

The guy was expecting to be able to call in at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon to have a service carried out. I explained that our service department was not open on a Sunday and offered to either get them to cancel his appointment or they could phone him the next day to reappoint. He wasn't happy about this and decided to fire a broadside at me claiming our service was rubbish and he would report us to head office for the way we had treated him. I tried to reason with him but he wouldn't let me get a word in edgeways. I raised my voice trying to make myself heard. Hung up in the end. That's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The warranty is with the car company, not the dealer. The dealer acts on their behalf but I am sure can decline to carry out work for a customer who is unreasonable, abusive or aggressive. The dealer has to decide if the customer is any one of those three. The customer then has to go to another dealer or the mfr has to arrange a solution themselves.

I agree with your last line but some people are just not capable of behaving in a civilised way and we need to make that their problem then, not everyone else's.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The guy was expecting to be able to call in at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon to have a service carried out. I explained that our service department was not open on a Sunday and offered to either get them to cancel his appointment or they could phone him the next day to reappoint. He wasn't happy about this and decided to fire a broadside at me claiming our service was rubbish and he would report us to head office for the way we had treated him. I tried to reason with him but he wouldn't let me get a word in edgeways. I raised my voice trying to make myself heard. Hung up in the end. That's it.

Smiffy, you have said all that in your first post. You should not have to explain yourself again.

The fact he said his car is under warranty is complete and utter rammel. The car being a Peugeot does not have to be serviced at your garage or in fact any Peugeot garage. As long as the car is serviced it is under warranty. He can skin his cat/warranty car in another garage.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy, you have said all that in your first post. You should not have to explain yourself again.

I felt I had to Geezer, as there are a couple of posters on here that would like to see me come unstuck, so I was just clarifying the situation for them.
I mean, my mate owns a pub. People are allowed to go in there and start to scream and shout, and run his business down without fear of being thrown out, because customers "pay his wages".
"Customer is king".... yeah right.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
We've heard one side of a story and to me it's seems like the OP handled the situation badly and is seeking validation for his actions. Sure some customers can be arses but we train our staff to deal with them.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
We've heard one side of a story and to me it's seems like the OP handled the situation badly and is seeking validation for his actions. Sure some customers can be arses but we train our staff to deal with them.

At my place, customers get one free hit. If they're rude, a polite but firm mention that their attitude won't be tolerated and then they're fair game.

From all I've seen on The thread, not only was he rude, to more than one person. But he also wanted something that simply couldnt be done.

He simply had a paddy and is now trying to make himself the victim. A common theme with people like that.

Whilst in hindsight, Smiffy may wish he had remained calm, imo the bloke got what he deserved.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
At my place, customers get one free hit. If they're rude, a polite but firm mention that their attitude won't be tolerated and then they're fair game.

From all I've seen on The thread, not only was he rude, to more than one person. But he also wanted something that simply couldnt be done.

He simply had a paddy and is now trying to make himself the victim. A common theme with people like that.

Whilst in hindsight, Smiffy may wish he had remained calm, imo the bloke got what he deserved.

and may, just may think about being a plank in future. mr gob not the OP.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good for you. I wasn't looking for validation for my actions, but if anybody was going to say I was, I had a hunch it would be you. I'd really love to meet you in person to really see if you are the tit you come across as on here. . Now say I have anger management issues. For people like you, you know, maybe I have. There, I've bitten. You can get on with your day xxxx

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sniffy you should have told him to bring the car down and that he could pick it up again in three hours time ,then when he comes to collect the car tell him that will be X amount give him the keys and he wouldn't have been any the wiser that the car had not been touched since he dropped it off ,and you would have been x amount richer ..
Well maybe not but the thought of doing so was fun

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Good for you. I wasn't looking for validation for my actions, but if anybody was going to say I was, I had a hunch it would be you. I'd really love to meet you in person to really see if you are the tit you come across as on here. . Now say I have anger management issues. For people like you, you know, maybe I have. There, I've bitten. You can get on with your day xxxx

Smiffy, you need to remember that knobinhood is a troll and a complete tool

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Don't worry, the irony of your reply is not lost. ?