What the F is wrong with some people???

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So sorry to read the problem. Surely the phone record will show how many times you phoned and how long you were on the phone. At least a starting point.

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, the email complaint has arrived. If I'm not sacked he is going to report me to the police for harassment, and will also be contacting the Sun newspaper with the story. Apparently I phoned him back 3 times which has caused untold stress to his sick wife. I actually phoned him back once to offer my apologies but he wasn't having any of that. Also I know where he lives and if I attempt to go round to see him then be warned.... He's ex Army. You couldn't make this crock of *** up if you tried ???
If it can be proved he is lying, for example, the number of times you phoned back, could you sue for him harassing you?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Unfortunately I have subsequently found out that the calls aren't recorded. So it's now down to his word against mine.
phone company will have a record of the number, when it was called ect, as for the Police, they don't have time for real crime let alone som knob complaining about getting rang back after hanging up on someone

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
phone company will have a record of the number, when it was called ect, as for the Police, they don't have time for real crime let alone som knob complaining about getting rang back after hanging up on someone

Exactly, the guy is full of gusto and trying his luck, he's probably just after a freebie like most people are these days.
Unfortunately that means you get the $hitty end of the stick until it's sorted out.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
I called him back to apologise, the phone was initially engaged. I tried a couple more times and eventually got through. Hopefully phone records, if it goes that far, will only show "connected" calls???

This is why I always try to use my mobile phone to call people. I can screenshot the record of exactly how many times I've called customers, when and how long each call lasted. Has cut short many an 'argument' from customers saying that the engineer never called.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I shouted at him

I'm afraid the moment you shouted at him you lost all moral high ground and gave him grounds to complain

If they look into it and find out the shouting they can't be like oh we looked at it and you behaved
Professionally in a situation were someone was unreasonable

Not saying he is right. He sounds a complete idiot however with the shouting at him the company has reason not to side with you

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's never good to lose your cool with customers as they will then use it as a stick to beat you with. However, we're all human and someone sometimes can push the wrong buttons. I guess part of it is how much you shouted at him and what you said.
Hopefully your employers know the kind of person you are and will support you in this. A lot will depend on how the "customer" speaks to people but from what I've read he's a total ass and is trying to blame everyone but hmself for his mistake.
He's been totally unreasonable from the start and asking for you to be sacked threatening to report you to the Police and write to the Sun should show your employers the type of person he is. The fact he's a Sun reader should tell you all you need to know. ;)

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I shouted at him

Got speaker on your phone Smiffy? If I get one like that I just flick it onto speaker so the whole office can hear, then at an appropriate point let the caller know that the rest of the office is listening to them.

And if I think it is appropriate, I'll raise my voice as well. :)