North vs South match - checking interest

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Right, what we need is like a golf premier league, where we all play for our home towns...

We used to have a club comp like that.

Teams of 6 representing your town/village...had to be at least one lady in the team and a max of 1 ringer (someone from not in your village). Everyone drawn into 3 balls and 3 different villages represented in each group. Stableford, winner of each group earned 3 points for the team, 2pts for 2nd, 1 for 3rd. Ties would see the points shared. Bonus point for the team who's member scored the highest individual score on the day.

We used to get around 12-15 teams and the craic in the bar afterwards watching the scores roll in and see the team points mount up...and then speculating about who was still out there and what the status of various matches was.....was almost like watching the Eurovision results roll in.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Alwoodley and Moortown look lovely, but I don't know if the best part of £300 will put people off? That offer also includes Alwoodley and Ganton as an option, Fri/Sat for £345 too.
Do we want to try and have an option to suit all budgets, maybe?
Is Oulton Hall dreadful? Dinner, B&B and two rounds from £105.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Alwoodley and Moortown look lovely, but I don't know if the best part of £300 will put people off? That offer also includes Alwoodley and Ganton as an option, Fri/Sat for £345 too.

I’d happily go to forest pines

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://alwoodleygolfclub.com/stay-and-play-package-with-moortown-gc/

Doubt you will get a better overnight stay than the above
Outstanding if you can afford it... yeah I doubt you'd find better.

YES..... shocking & the food even worse

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

£300 could put people off but for what you get its a great deal even if you get stuck in some sort of hovel for a hotel

D

Deleted member 1147

Not too far from Charnwood GC then.

Is there an emoji for hijacking a thread? I think I need one - a lot.
If it's the course I'm thinking of I'm not really a fan. In that area I'd prefer Longcliffe.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Longcliffe is the best course in Leicestershire for serious competitive golf, in my view.
But a society day there would be about twice the price, it would need way more than 9 people, and not a Sunday.

We hoped that a Sunday would attract some people from further afield, who might not need to take a day off work, and have a great memorable day out on a very interesting course.

https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/charnwood-forest-sunday-23rd-april.114389/

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£300 could put people off but for what you get its a great deal even if you get stuck in some sort of hovel for a hotel
The Weetwood Hotel is 4* with 114 bedrooms & one of the best in N Leeds. Not surprising folk will travel a long way for the £300 deal, though I'm not sure how large a group the golf courses will accommodate.

Reactions: Val