Any Interest - Saunton East/West & Royal North Devon - March / April 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

No matter the size of the meet I’m interested. Have wanted to play all 3 of them for quite some time now. And if someone else would be interested, I’d like to tick of Burnham and Berrow if possible if we’re now gonna be in those parts of the country.

What dates are we looking at?

Weekend after Easter? 17th - 19th April?

Looking at bookings that Saunton already has, with members time blocked out times, comps and societies(west is fully booked until 3.30 on the Sat 18th), so 17-19 wouldn't work at Saunton. But the weekends 10-12 is free(EDIT easter weekend, so would not work for me and traffic would probably be very heavy), which leaves 24-26 April which is free at Saunton if we are 8-20 people.

I don't have access to RND tee times booked, to confirm which Fridays are available in April, but will phone RND later, as there is enough interest to push this forward. Will post up a proper thread later to get the meet going.

(I have a reciprocal with Burnham & Berrow at members rates, and could be tempted to play it again on the way down. Loved the course, the greens there were brilliant.)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21258

I have a couple of mates that have played a lot of forum meets. They were talking of Saunton trip next year so if extra numbers were needed I am sure they would be up for a SW trip.

I do not have any problems with anyones guests (no surprise there :LOL::LOL:).

I can see that on the 24-26 at Saunton, 20 would be the max to fit into 5 available tee times, without some going out at a different time than others. But from this thread it seems unlikely we will get to 20 plus.

It would be first on the list & pays deposit(assuming I have to pay a deposit) are in. Will telephone RND and Saunton again later, to check dates/ full details/bookings etc and get it all rolling.

D

Deleted member 21258

Mmm. Have picked my mums birthday weekend. Probably counts me out

That's a shame, maybe another time.:(

If you wanted to play late afternoon(assuming their is enough light:unsure:) on whichever day isnt your mums birthday at Saunton(don't think you wanted to play RND, but there is more tee times available that day btw), I may be playing/could be tempted with another 18 holes afterwards(would be guest rate, which is 50% of green fee) or something similar. Not to sure how far you are from saunton to know if that is even doable but chucking out the offer, just in case.

D

Deleted member 21258

You definitely want to play B & B if you can.(y)

If this thing gets under way I’m sure there’ll be a few of us who can do a de-tour up there. :)

Looks like a reasonable number hopefully will be attending Saunton/RND, not to sure how many are interested in extending the trip to include Burnham, do you fancy organising it @Lilyhawk in due course, don't think I will have time myself to look at it? [For me I would like to come, but may have to book direct to get reciprocal]

D

Deleted member 25172

Looks like a reasonable number hopefully will be attending Saunton/RND, not to sure how many are interested in extending the trip to include Burnham, do you fancy organising it @Lilyhawk in due course, don't think I will have time myself to look at it? [For me I would like to come, but may have to book direct to get reciprocal]

I sure can. Will wait a bit until our 20 spots are filled for Saunton and then I'll scope out the interest for B&B.

U

User62651

Pointless anecdote but what the heck - Saunton East and West were the first links courses I played, was 15 yo, in Devon on family holiday mid 1980s, me and my brother dropped off by parents, carpark with posh motors but quiet. No booking, took a chance and got lucky, cost us £6 or something silly like that for the day, I had a junior 33 handicap :eek: at the time but improving. Being new to golf (first year playing) and member of an inland heathland/parkland course it was like a moonscape standing on the first, like seriously 'where do we go?'.
Played both courses shooting silly numbers with my god awful Range Master half set of clubs but memorable nonetheless. I don't think we bothered with lunch, must've had a marathon/coke in the bag I suppose,, we were young and fit....little mattered.
Both courses were so quiet, don't recall encountering other players anywhere. Was Scottish School holidays before English schools go out so a weekday before the main holiday season I suppose. We played in jeans and trainers too. Hope the club is still as good to junior golfers as they were to us. Always stuck in the mind, a sense of being totally lost for a day in the mass of windy sunny linksland there.:D
Enjoy.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
That's a shame, maybe another time.:(

If you wanted to play late afternoon(assuming their is enough light:unsure:) on whichever day isnt your mums birthday at Saunton(don't think you wanted to play RND, but there is more tee times available that day btw), I may be playing/could be tempted with another 18 holes afterwards(would be guest rate, which is 50% of green fee) or something similar. Not to sure how far you are from saunton to know if that is even doable but chucking out the offer, just in case.

Sorry, been offline for a few days..............Mum is in St Albans making a run to Saunton from there a challenge. Shame, wanted to do this trip

D

Deleted member 21258

Gutted I missed the post, I haven’t been online much this year.

Can you let me know if any more spaces become available please.

Yeah sorry meet was cancelled, due to family commitments.