West Lancs 15th March 2018

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Looking for one more player to make up a second four ball at West Lancs on Thursday 15th March.

Club are doing a winter warmer deal, which works out at £50 per person, and includes tea/coffee and bacon rolls, and 18 holes of golf. I am looking to book two tee times at 13.14 and 13.22. Course looks superb, and is well inside Golf Monthly's top 100 courses. Sure locals will vouch for quality.:thup:

Currently we have the following players

Richart
PNWokingham
Topoftheflop
Topoftheflop + 1
Wookie
2Blue
Stuart_C

We are all going up to play Silloth on the Friday and Turnberry at the weekend, so might suit someone making the same trip ?

Anyway first come first served. If you want to play put your name down here, and pm me your real name, club and handicap. Certificate may be needed on the day. I will also require a deposit of £20 asap, so I can make the booking.

Rich

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good choice, played it a couple of times this year on our reciprocal and absolutely love the place, far better course than I remember (been a few years since I played it).

New(ish) greenskeeper has improved the presentation and condition of the place, even in March it will be in top nick, enjoy :thup:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oo, the wind comes straight off the Mersey, no place for a slicer.:cool:

Its a cracking course though, but tough as old boots.

I'd have gone if on a weekend, but still trying to "gain" a holiday to do Silloth on the way up.

Cheers Pete. How to make a grown man weep👍

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You’ll be in tears when I take another Ayrton off yer blud :D

I saw your name and opted out, you tried to kill me and Crawford the last time I played it :eek:

I need to give the course another go, I really enjoyed the front (tougher) 9 and played it pretty well, the back 9 lost it's way a little for me in the top corner and the 10th I think had to be shortened due to standing water on the course. The Pro was a miserable git and the bar wasn't much more friendlier so not a very good impression on that occasion, but I'll always give somewhere a second chance and can see why people like the course so much, it just wasn't great when we played it.

D

Deleted member 1740

I saw your name and opted out, you tried to kill me and Crawford the last time I played it :eek:

I need to give the course another go, I really enjoyed the front (tougher) 9 and played it pretty well, the back 9 lost it's way a little for me in the top corner and the 10th I think had to be shortened due to standing water on the course. The Pro was a miserable git and the bar wasn't much more friendlier so not a very good impression on that occasion, but I'll always give somewhere a second chance and can see why people like the course so much, it just wasn't great when we played it.

Good, you won't be missed :ears: :D

I've played it a couple of times since and it's improved since your last visit. I had my 2nd round titliest matchplay game there in june/july and the course was in great nick.

I love it but it's tough off the whites, there's always a breeze there.

D

Deleted member 1740

Rich send us payment details please sir and I'll fire it over to you later.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

First time I played it was with you and I hated it as well. I've played it a few times since and it's now a firm favourite. Probably in my top 10 courses TBH. Tough as old boots an requires a lot of thought. Love it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Dunno why you're giving it the big balls? I'm that confident on you bailing I'll put in Chris' tenner in :rofl:

Wait for it....

an here comes here comes the, how much you wanna bet retort :ears:

Well do you Billy big bollox ?

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Gents, put me down as first reserve if possible. If anyone drops out I’ll happily take their place. Want to get out as much as possible next year.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dunno why you're giving it the big balls? I'm that confident on you bailing I'll put in Chris' tenner in :rofl:

Wait for it....

an here comes here comes the, how much you wanna bet retort :ears:

Gents, put me down as first reserve if possible. If anyone drops out I’ll happily take their place. Want to get out as much as possible next year.

This is so easy it feels like I'm picking on the poor bloke :rofl:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You are our first reserve.:thup:

Course booked with two times, 13.14 and 13.22. Bacon rolls, coffee/tea booked from 12.00.

Players :

Richart
PNWokingham
Topoftheflop
Topoftheflop +1
Wookie
Stuart_C
2Blue
Anotherdouble

Reserve

Stegsie

I have paid a deposit of £20 per person, and will collect the balance of £30 a couple of weeks before we play.

If you don't have my bank details to pay me back the deposit, please send me an pm and I will give you details.