Inter Forum Match - GM vs Golf Magic - 29/30th May 2010 @ Forest Pines

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Can we keep this thread purely for the interested parties please and also for info on the event, hijack this thread and you all die!

Righty ho boys n girls....

Venue - Forest Pines have a look here
Dates - 29th & 30th May 2010
Price - £129 for 2 rounds of golf, dinner, bed & breakfast (single room supplement is £30)

Format is 4BBB on the Saturday & Singles matchplay on Sunday, all points counting in a Ryder Cup style towards team totals for the winners (which will be us ;) ) and a trophy will be presented to the winning team to retain for a year, it is hoped we can make this an annual event!!

We'll also be getting polo shirts printed for the occasion, I have mailed a few places for prices for 2 x polo shirts each, we have red for 1 day and no colour decided for the 2nd day....any preffered choices from anyone?
The polo's will (hopefully - if Mike agrees to let us) have the Golf Monthly logo & your forum name emroidered on and for 2 decent quality tops I cant see the price being much more than £20.

A large number of people both on here and the Golf Magic forum have expressed an interest in playing in this competition, but for logistical reasons it will (initially) be necessary to limit this to 20 players per team. A deposit will be required to secure your place, and the remaining payment will be required to be paid one month before the event. I won't be asking for a deposit for a good few weeks yet, so plenty of time to think about things and confirm your attendance. Don't worry if your name appears to be 25th on the list...I know from experience that people will pull out over the coming weeks so the chances are you will get a place. We will run a "reserve" list anyway for people to fill places as and when they become available. If numbers of confirmed players exceeds the 20 guaranteed places, we will negotiate with the hotel for more spaces, so as I say, you are guaranteed to get a spot.

So, who wants to whip these Golf Magic boys pansy asses then folks?

Interested parties from the other thread here, if these dates and venue are no good for you then please let me know and i'll remove you from the list, also if you want adding to the list pop your name down!

<u>Team Golf Monthly</u>
1 - KeefG
2 - Vig
3 - medwayjon
4 - Bobmac
5 - teegirl
6 - golfandmoregolf
7 - tincup
8 - njd
9 - Timberbonce
10 - TonyN
11 - Robo
12 - Golfmmad
13 - dodger
14 - GB72
15 - HomerJSimpson
16 - Viscount17
17 - theeaglehunter
18 - Stuart_C
19 - HTL
20 - mono217
21 - tonecapone
22 - forefortheday
23 - Whereditgo
24 - Imurg

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
You're in rob2...

<u>Team Golf Monthly</u>
1 - KeefG (Team Captain)
2 - Vig (Vice Captain)
3 - medwayjon
4 - Bobmac
5 - teegirl
6 - golfandmoregolf
7 - tincup
8 - njd
9 - Timberbonce
10 - TonyN
11 - Robo
12 - Golfmmad
13 - dodger
14 - GB72
15 - HomerJSimpson
16 - Viscount17
17 - theeaglehunter
18 - Stuart_C
19 - HTL
20 - mono217
21 - tonecapone
22 - forefortheday
23 - Whereditgo
24 - Imurg
25 - rob2
26 - Boycey1985

Boa....i'll get back to you shortly.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not wanting to P**s on anyones bonfire but, numbers could get very large very quickly.
There are a lot of regulars on holiday and may want to put their names forward. There are a lot of lurkers that may take the place of a more "deserving" long time poster

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not wanting to P**s on anyones bonfire but, numbers could get very large very quickly.
There are a lot of regulars on holiday and may want to put their names forward. There are a lot of lurkers that may take the place of a more "deserving" long time poster

I wouldn't worry about it too much Vig. Keith and I have "suggested" limiting the numbers to 20 a side, and 40 is the total number that has been advised to the hotel. More places will be made available once people start paying their deposits and confirm, but experience tells me that about 20% of people that have initially put their names down will pull out at some stage or another.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Ladies, gents and whatever else frequents this god forsaken hellhole of a forum ;)

Please join me in celebrating the announcement of Vig as Team Golf Monthly's Vice Captain :D

With me & vig at the helm, what can possibly go wrong? :cool: :eek:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ladies, gents and whatever else frequents this god forsaken hellhole of a forum ;)

Please join me in celebrating the announcement of Vig as Team Golf Monthly's Vice Captain :D

What a couple of grade A, oven ready, giblets removed knobs.
:D :D :D ;)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I don't want to piss on anyones chips either but do you not think alot of folk will drop out or disappear from the forum in the next year??
I personally don't think I can commit to an event over a year away....I could be deed by then! :D

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Very possibly dodger, but in the same token I dare say as new members join the forum and get involved then they too might well want to be involved.

The chances are though, that at least 10 or so of the names on the list already will change before the event anyway, as long as the list keeps full in numbers and keeps evolving we'll be fine. :D

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

WTF (where's the shaky fist smiley?) I didn't agree you git!
Lots can go wrong, what if I fall off the wagon, you'll have to sober me up at 3am with some coffee's (seen that on a western with Mitchum) :D