Nomads to get official handicaps

Tinkerman

Visit site
To submit cards in the app you need to have them attested by someone who is also signed up or a club member.
You pre-register your round in the app before starting play and can then use the app as you go round to enter the score hole by hole, or just enter them all at the end of the round. You then sign electronically and have to select someone to attest it. They get a message through their app to verify your score.
If you don't know a club member to attest them, try and get a mate to sign up as well

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
To submit cards in the app you need to have them attested by someone who is also signed up or a club member.
You pre-register your round in the app before starting play and can then use the app as you go round to enter the score hole by hole, or just enter them all at the end of the round. You then sign electronically and have to select someone to attest it. They get a message through their app to verify your score.
If you don't know a club member to attest them, try and get a mate to sign up as well
I believe the GP cards have to submitted through the EG app only.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
This is Scotland so may well be different.

I can put in a GP score via my club Intelligent Golf app at my own course or any course in Scotland on the Scottish Golf app.
In Scotland you enter your GP score on whoever your club software provider is. But also I *think* if you use one of the others you can also use the SG App. If your club uses the SG App then that is your only option.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is Scotland so may well be different.

I can put in a GP score via my club Intelligent Golf app at my own course or any course in Scotland on the Scottish Golf app.
Sorry, may have misled you. I was referring specifically to 'official' nomads returning GP scores.

NearHull

Visit site
Duplicated from t’other thread

We are meeting to consider restricting Opens to club members. The general view - with no data nor experience- is there is no confidence that the handicaps of Nomads wil be robustly governed. Our Opens are well subscribed, so there is really no business case to bring them in.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Duplicated from t’other thread

We are meeting to consider restricting Opens to club members. The general view - with no data nor experience- is there is no confidence that the handicaps of Nomads wil be robustly governed. Our Opens are well subscribed, so there is really no business case to bring them in.

One of my pals is thinking of not renewing his membership next year and keeping his handicap active through the iGolf scheme in order to enter opens.

Your comment is a reason I tried to steer him away from it. To cap it off we then filled out an entry from to enter an open at the Manchester GC next week and the entry form actually states you must be a "bona-fide member of a Golf Club".

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Speaking to players at an event this week there seems to be a several instances of clubs restricting Open Entries to club members. One guy said they were allowing anyone to enter, but restricting eligibility to win prizes.

Maybe clubs should report leading scores in all events to vlubs/handicap bodies? Its not their existence that concerns, its a perceived lack of governance.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speaking to players at an event this week there seems to be a several instances of clubs restricting Open Entries to club members. One guy said they were allowing anyone to enter, but restricting eligibility to win prizes.

Maybe clubs should report leading scores in all events to vlubs/handicap bodies? Its not their existence that concerns, its a perceived lack of governance.
I seem to recall, from a number of years ago, EG/CONGU requesting this for the top 5 'Away Scores'. We never received any at all, due, I would guess for the extra work involved. It would appear that Clubs want the revenue from Opens but not any extra work. Players were also requested to return such scores but very few did. It was only our own diligence & research that revealed issues among our own members at Opens. I think there is room for Clubs to run Opens with modest prizes, to include Nomads & see the impact. After all the insistence on Club-membership can so easily be added if needed.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It would be an interesting experiment to run an Open with separate prizes for official handicap holders and holders of Nomadic ones. I wonder if there would be a large disparity between the scoring of each category??

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would be an interesting experiment to run an Open with separate prizes for official handicap holders and holders of Nomadic ones. I wonder if there would be a large disparity between the scoring of each category??
If you look at some of the really stupid scores at some clubs posted on here I don’t think there will be much difference.
It’s going to take some time to settle down until we all have enough scores under WHS.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

It was certainly the suggestion from Scottish Golf that anyone playing as an 'OpenGolf' member should pay a green fee oer and above that which all other entrants would pay to make up for their lack of being a club member.

We decided immediately that we simply wouldn't accept an entry from anyone who isn't a club member, and I hear similar from other clubs.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
One of my pals is thinking of not renewing his membership next year and keeping his handicap active through the iGolf scheme in order to enter opens.

Your comment is a reason I tried to steer him away from it. To cap it off we then filled out an entry from to enter an open at the Manchester GC next week and the entry form actually states you must be a "bona-fide member of a Golf Club".
Don't know about England, but in Scotland there's a 6 month grace period, if you leave a golf club you can't join 'OpenGolf' until that period expires.