NHS Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
THIS IS ME NEEDING TO VENT.

Just a warning to anyone who maybe unfortunate (because of health) to have to use the NHS. If you are under one hospital for treatment and you go to another to have a "procedure", do not think they let each other know. Hard to believe I know. You'd think their systems are all linked up. But they are not!!!! It's just beggars belief. And don't start me on the "doctor's" employed in there.
I'm having a hell of a stressful time and the NHS is being the cause.
I would video / record all interaction with any of the staff ready to use as evidence.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The idea was that your health record should be on accessable file for all NHS to able to read it.

Mine has got so much stuff missing it is just a joke.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's not enlightening when you are asked to come for a repeat appointment and when you get Infront of the Doctor their first question is "And what can I do for you today"

Maybe read your notes!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
THIS IS ME NEEDING TO VENT.

Just a warning to anyone who maybe unfortunate (because of health) to have to use the NHS. If you are under one hospital for treatment and you go to another to have a "procedure", do not think they let each other know. Hard to believe I know. You'd think their systems are all linked up. But they are not!!!! It's just beggars belief. And don't start me on the "doctor's" employed in there.
I'm having a hell of a stressful time and the NHS is being the cause.
I would video / record all interaction with any of the staff ready to use as evidence.
All went to pot when the Trusts were told to compete with each other ☹️🤦

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Depending on the area you live in a clinician might have up to 15 different log ins to various systems. Then there’s the various firewalls to get permission for. And then there’s the individual systems in various hospitals and health centres. As for networking xxxx manufacturer’s system with yyyy manufacturer’s systems, and then into the hospital’s system, who’ll then need to give access to the local health centre’s systems. And then a non-NHS service provider might need remote access.

And then there’s the dreaded software updates that might negate access by other systems. Unfortunately, not every hospital dept has decent IT staff.

And relax Bri… retired‘R’us…

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a cardiologist at one trust and a thoracic surgeon at another. When I get an MRI from one I email the other so they know about it and can request access to it. It is something I learned early on.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If I was Fragger I would close this thread now. Why? Having spoke to Missis T who is the font of all things re NHS knowledge. The government allowed ALL Trusts to choose their own software and one trust is not compatible with another. Suffice to say some trusts do and some don’t.
Hence why Patients like Crazyface are bogged off. As Fragger says it is a slippery slope re political.

Sympahies CF.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
If you have a life-threatening issue, the NHS is absolutely world class. It has unquestionably saved the lives of both my brother and my son-in-law.

Unfortunately if you are not about to die, then good luck getting the treatment you need.

The NHS is a victim of its own success. The more people it saves, the larger its client base gets, many of whom are elderly and more frequently in need of its services.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
If you have a life-threatening issue, the NHS is absolutely world class. It has unquestionably saved the lives of both my brother and my son-in-law.

Unfortunately if you are not about to die, then good luck getting the treatment you need.

The NHS is a victim of its own success. The more people it saves, the larger its client base gets, many of whom are elderly and more frequently in need of its services.

Yes I think this sums up my view, nearly two years ago they saved my wife’s life and the care she has received since then has been world class. (People do come from all over the world privately to receive the same treatment my wife received and all they get better is the food!)

Flip side is if you are waiting for a minor/routine op then you can wait two years or more, the way the GP’s have deserted there patients is nothing short of a scandal and A&E is just a disaster.

I do not think the problem is lack of funding though I think it has buckets of money, the problem is waste and poor management. No government has the balls to tackle the problem, sack two thirds of the managers and direct the money to where it is needed. Front line services.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The NHS needs a reset. There needs to be a shift in focus towards prevention.

It can’t continue to try and fix every ailment every person has.

The population also needs to start to take some personal responsibility for their own health.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have seen both sides of the NHS as well. The intensive care treatment my daughter had after 15 cm of blocked bowel removal due to her Chrones was without fault, however once moved to "general population" is was abysmal.
My brothers eldest daughter is a nurse, she was in neurology. She has left there and changed departments due to the nurse in charge having the mantra"we always do it this way and thats how we do it". The number of nurses who have left due to her obdurate ways and thinking is scandalous, but nothing will change because "she's been there a long time and is well in with senior staff".

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yes I think this sums up my view, nearly two years ago they saved my wife’s life and the care she has received since then has been world class. (People do come from all over the world privately to receive the same treatment my wife received and all they get better is the food!)

Flip side is if you are waiting for a minor/routine op then you can wait two years or more, the way the GP’s have deserted there patients is nothing short of a scandal and A&E is just a disaster.

I do not think the problem is lack of funding though I think it has buckets of money, the problem is waste and poor management. No government has the balls to tackle the problem, sack two thirds of the managers and direct the money to where it is needed. Front line services.
My Mrs has recently taken on an extra admin role and has frequent "Teams" meetings about stuff..
As I'm not working im often in the room when she has these....
The amount of sheer bollocks that gets spouted at these meetings is phenomenal
Meetings about meetings, meetings to work out what new guidelines mean - if you need that then the guidelines aren't clear enough....meetings where nothing happens....
I appreciate that there has to be statistical analysis done but the number of people involved ( and the associated wage bill) is utter madness.
And thats just Maternity at one hospital..
Every department in every hospital is having the same meetings every week.....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My Mrs has recently taken on an extra admin role and has frequent "Teams" meetings about stuff..
As I'm not working im often in the room when she has these....
The amount of sheer bollocks that gets spouted at these meetings is phenomenal
Meetings about meetings, meetings to work out what new guidelines mean - if you need that then the guidelines aren't clear enough....meetings where nothing happens....
I appreciate that there has to be statistical analysis done but the number of people involved ( and the associated wage bill) is utter madness.
And thats just Maternity at one hospital..
Every department in every hospital is having the same meetings every week.....

Middle management (and others) love meetings. Some feel like they are actually doing something useful, some use them as an excuse to look and feel busy, others use them to hide their incompetence.

If I’m invited to a meeting and there isn’t a clear purpose and agenda for it. I decline.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
For context the French and Germans spend around 20% more on healthcare, the Americans around 80%. I post this so people can make up there own mind on where the fault lies.

Indeed, and the fact that the USA spend more per capita on healthcare than anywhere else in the world proves that spending more money does not necessarily mean you get a better product.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Indeed, and the fact that the USA spend more per capita on healthcare than anywhere else in the world proves that spending more money does not necessarily mean you get a better product.
That of course as some truth in it. Though up until early last decade the UK healthcare system was internationally recognised as one, if not the one, most efficient systems in the world. What do you think may have changed in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.