Newspapers

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see newspaper sales are on a 15/20% downward spiral.
This does not surprise me as I must buy about 5 newspapers a year.
Do you still buy a daily newspaper ?

The Metro is by far the most read daily paper followed by the Daily Mail

RichA

Visit site
I don't buy a paper but Dad has a Times subscription, although with his worsening dementia I think it's more of a prop now.
His subscription gives me access to the digital edition, which I browse every day. When I see him every Wednesday I pick up his paper for a look but normally run out of patience after 5 minutes.

Red devil

Visit site
I don't buy a paper but Dad has a Times subscription, although with his worsening dementia I think it's more of a prop now.
His subscription gives me access to the digital edition, which I browse every day. When I see him every Wednesday I pick up his paper for a look but normally run out of patience after 5 minutes.
My Mum has a Times subscription so I have a look on there now and then

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I see newspaper sales are on a 15/20% downward spiral.
This does not surprise me as I must buy about 5 newspapers a year.
Do you still buy a daily newspaper ?

The Metro is by far the most read daily paper followed by the Daily Mail
The Metro is free so i am not surprised it’s the most read newspaper. In this age of digital media I’m surprised any paid papers survive.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have a couple of subscriptions, Times & Guardian, and used to get the Daily Express as a ‘hard copy.’ Got disillusioned with the Express’s direction so dropped it.

Picked up a ‘hard copy’ of the Daily Mail around the turn of the year. Gobsmacked it’s even still called a “newspaper.” It was unbelievably biased, and full of what can only be called blatant lies. Reminded me of the National Enquirer in the USA, a comic parody of news reporting.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a couple of subscriptions, Times & Guardian, and used to get the Daily Express as a ‘hard copy.’ Got disillusioned with the Express’s direction so dropped it.

Picked up a ‘hard copy’ of the Daily Mail around the turn of the year. Gobsmacked it’s even still called a “newspaper.” It was unbelievably biased, and full of what can only be called blatant lies. Reminded me of the National Enquirer in the USA, a comic parody of news reporting.

I like to play "how can the daily mail turn this into bad news" game

Find positive news

Go on the daily mail and they will without fail turn it negative

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We take "The Week" every....well, week.
it's a well put together digest of the press which makes for a decent browse at the weekend or commuting.

Haha.
Try the Telegraph... It's frothing at mouth, bulging eyes stuff (at least, the online edition is).

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife buys the Express and Perthshire Courier every day and devours them from cover to cover. She also does both cryptic crosswords and is like a bear with a sore head if she cannot complete either. The Courier is also the best newspaper for setting and lighting the coal fire which is something a digital paper cannot do!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't remember the last time I bought a paper. Must be 10yrs or so. Not even thought of buying one either.

Not sure I'd count a free paper in figures, doesn't quite seem right.

Very clever though the "free papers" the metro was/ is the daily mail .. so it got a generation into thinking like daily mail readers

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Started a telegraph digital subscription during covid lockdowns.

Still have it mainly as the sports coverage is excellent