Newspapers

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When I moved back to Scotland it always seemed to amuse me that the Swindon [evening] Advertiser outsold the Glasgow Herald
I believe the P&J [NE Scotland based] is the second best daily selling newspaper in Scotland

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For over 20 years the only time I have bought a national newspaper was when visiting the MIL on my own. Not bought one since she died.

I always bought The Telegraph on Saturday because it was good few days read.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I literally HATE what the advent and acceptance of digital technology has done to decimate print media.

It's propelled us into a cultural dark age,
and we can't even assume that the human species will survive long enough to see another renaissance.
The last dark age lasted a millennium, after all.

The internet could have been very useful and helpful indeed
if it wasn't used to plunge us all into a cultural abyss.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have a couple of subscriptions, Times & Guardian, and used to get the Daily Express as a ‘hard copy.’ Got disillusioned with the Express’s direction so dropped it.

Picked up a ‘hard copy’ of the Daily Mail around the turn of the year. Gobsmacked it’s even still called a “newspaper.” It was unbelievably biased, and full of what can only be called blatant lies. Reminded me of the National Enquirer in the USA, a comic parody of news reporting.

Forgot to add the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette. I read the Boro news every day.

4LEX

Visit site
No it's been available in other places for a while

But it's been in London longer

It litterally is the daily mail with a different banner handed out for free

This is a total lie.

It's nothing like The Daily Mail. Granted it has the same owners but they're wise to understand London's demographic and you won't find any political bias in there. It's one of the best papers as it's free and simply gives unbiased news. Plus a load of adverts.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Last time I was involved in buying a newspaper it was because it had fish and chips in it.

Robin Hood

Visit site
I buy a Times on a Saturday, mainly for the crossword, and just scan read the rest as I use the BBC website for my daily news and sport fix.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The Times.
Monday to Friday only.
Shoved through the letterbox each morning.
Supporting my local newsagent and young delivery person who gets a tip at Christmas.

I like the puzzles in the Times2 section. Keeps the brain active.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Every so often we'll get a few french newspapers (not that we can speak french but soggy golf shoes still need wadding to dry them out)