New silverware

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I mentioned in one of my other posts that our winter season finale was today, Srtarted out with 20 points including a very unusual 7 at a relatively straight forward par 5.
Back nine started with a unorthodox par then had what I can only explain as a total freak of a slip up, 4 putting across a hill when hitting it in regulation. ended up rounding the game off with an 80 yard sliced drive on the last hole crossing over the practice area onto our 9th hole while trying to nail one, then hitting a nine iron in to 8 inches on the final green with a few onlookers, tapped in for par and believed it was not going to win a thing.
Prize night has just finished an hour ago and I got 8th place with 6 of us all on a count back.
What really surprised me though was that I won the final big prize of the night 'player of the year' as I had amounted more points than anyone else in the given amount of games played through the season. I was given the cup, Titleist Practice Shag Bag and a Glenbrae pullover.
Talk about chuffed!!
Anyway, ive taken a picture of the new weapons of choice and my new trophy (for the year)
IMAGE_070.jpg

IMAGE_069.jpg

IMAGE_067.jpg

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congrats brendy, great way to start the season.

Im looking forward to next weekend and only hope the weather turns round.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tony, if only to humour me, you have to get out and demo those irons, absolutely amazing clubs, maybe even the AP1s if you can get hold of the ap2 version. The jumper needs to be changed to something a little darker but now my macgregor shoe bag can become a shoe bag again now that I can transfer my 100+ balls across into the new shag bag.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brendy i picked these clubs up the other day and fell in lo... al stop there. I put them down and ran out of the shop, i could see H.I.D's face with steam coming from the ears.

Are the AP1's aimed at high h/cappers?

I just been drooling over the the titleist and mizuno website.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
AP1s are indeed for the higher handicappers, ap2s and the other forged range are for lower end of the handicap progressing towards professionals, mark omeara, steve stricker etc uses them.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Isnt there a pro on tour who uses the AP1's? Brendy, shouldnt you update ya whats in the bag now!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Billy mayfair uses them, Ive still to drop the cash (and old irons) into my pro so until the deal is sealed... I wouldnt want to tempt fate. Ill be speaking to him at some point this week.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
win one match = winning the battle not the war, a short lived(till next match)feel good factor.

Player of the year = lost the battle won the war, a long time feel god factor.

my way of thinking.

well done bud.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brendy, well done. Player of the year is quite an acievement. And since you won a shag bag, perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what is shagging? I've heard the phrase but never known what it is?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers fellas, Ive just re-read my first post, the final hole was a tap in for birdie, not par!
This is the second 2007 season POTY trophy Ive won, the other was in a society (around 70-80 members) from my previous place of employment that I still subscribe to. Topped that night off with my first win there too, plenty of placings but to finish that one off with a win was just as sweet as my own club prizes last night.
Shag bag is basically a bag most folk use as their practice ball holdall, you could fit a couple of hundred balls and a couple of gloves etc. The price tag was still attached as it came from our pro shop, I now know why I have never bought one before.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think i will get my self a shag bag, and a few hundred cheap balls. Find a nice open field and practice the wedge shots. Saves paying £4 for 100 balls each night.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congratulations on the awards...nice set of clubs too...know wonder you like taking photos of them.

Hope they serve you well in the summer months.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Isnt there a pro on tour who uses the AP1's? Brendy, shouldnt you update ya whats in the bag now!
As of this afternoon, Updated and mine inc 3iron which I was given too after thinking the set came without! Got an excellent price too.
The biggest bonus is I can change my jumper too for something less 'obvious'.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brendy,TOP DRAWER!!!!

Just had a look at your pics, got to say your irons look awesome.

You now own the official second best looking irons in christendom after the fat boy!