New Golf Thinking...It's a long post

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I skimmed through this, but could someone tell me if John is a golfer ? I read he played hockey, worked for P & G but couldn't see any mention of playing himself.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I skimmed through this, but could someone tell me if John is a golfer ? I read he played hockey, worked for P & G but couldn't see any mention of playing himself.

jezz mentioned he is a single figure golfer and the book is endorsed (not sure if co-written) with Dennis Pugh.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really interesting post - thanks.

I know its not everyone's cup of tea but those that went certainly seem to feel it is worthwhile.

Based on the above I am going to grab the book and give it a go - mainly because I recognise some of the issues you have highlighted here and how they affect my play.

Looking forward to the update also - ignore the doubters & keep posting

D

Deleted member 1418

I played this morning so looked at the book again last night, and at the notes that I made on the day on my way to the course. End result - a +1 gross 70!

So obviously working for me at the moment ;) :thup:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played this morning so looked at the book again last night, and at the notes that I made on the day on my way to the course. End result - a +1 gross 70!

obviously a bandit! ;) great shooting dude!!!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
or it'll be the 150 word write up and 1000 lines as punishment for not getting you work in on time.

Now repeat after me

I will not hit the ball short :)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Good shooting Paul, now get on with your homework.:D

Daviefow

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry but I couldn't make it past the fourth paragraph and it looked like it could have been an interesting read. Bit of casual racism re the England Olympic Team?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Sorry but I couldn't make it past the fourth paragraph and it looked like it could have been an interesting read. Bit of casual racism re the England Olympic Team?

Care to elaborate on exactly what was casual racism. Which paragraph are you referring to?

Daviefow

Hacker
Visit site
R u serious mate? That would be the fourth paragraph, ie the one I couldn't make it past. And surprise, surprise the England Olympic Team, was the point. Casually inferring that Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales were regions of England? The fact I needed to point this out to you is really dumbfounding!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
R u serious mate? That would be the fourth paragraph, ie the one I couldn't make it past. And surprise, surprise the England Olympic Team, was the point. Casually inferring that Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales were regions of England? The fact I needed to point this out to you is really dumbfounding!

Wow......

I think that says more about you than Dave. I'm sure John said he was an England international and was in the Olympic squad. I doubt very much that Dave was inferring any kind of racism, maybe omitted the word "and" or maybe just mixed up his train of thought, but even as it is written, wouldn't ever translate that the way you did...

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Good to see you are not blowing it completely out of proportion and not reading too much info it then.....

And dumbfounding people is my specialality, so thanks for the quote to put on future tour posters

C

c1973

I can't see how that can be classed as racism tbh. Confused UK with England perhaps, so casual confusion maybe? :)