NEW Callaway Big Bertha V Series driver

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
In terms of title and content not aligning, this has got to take the biscuit! So, it's for everyone that wants to drive really well, thanks for that! I know they need to advertise but this really annoyed me, not sure why this particularly -it just really jarred with me to the point of being offensive. Contrast with the much more subtle info-mercials others have produced and you'll see what I mean.

Is it just me, am I having a grumpy old man day - what is you view on this style of clip?

simon

It's nothing we have not seen before and not offensive to me. And if you believe the shot the chap hit on the video went a lot more extra yards than his usual shot with an old driver then you were born yesterday.

As I've said before on other threads I think a lot of companies are running scared of TM with the SLDR. Ping came up with turbulators, not exactly sure what the angle is here apart from it is hotter, more adjustable, faster swing speed blah blah. After all it's only an update of an existing driver. And of course they will say it is for anyone, as they do not want to alienate any part of the shrinking market out there for new golf equipment.

To be honest we've all heard this 1000 times before. And in reality this driver, assuming you have the same loft, will be very good and will go much the same distance as Pings as it will Nikes as it will Cobras etc etc. I think most of it is now which one you feel most confident with, as opposed to which one will gain you any significant extra yards, as they are all on the limits of what can be done with the face of the club.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is interesting that, in the year TM have launched arguably their most successful driver in modern times, Callaway launch a seemingly endless list of Drivers. 4 models seems excessive. TM's SLDR has 3 options, white, grey or S (non-adjustable) but they effectively do the same thing, whereas the 3 Big Bertha models are targeting different people / do different things. I can understand the X2 Hot (similar to the Jetspeed) as a cheaper option. Just like you can buy the RBZ st.2 etc, you can still get the X Hot, Diablo, RAZR fit etc from Callaway, which puts them much higher on the available models list than TM.

But hey, whatever works for them I guess!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It is interesting that, in the year TM have launched arguably their most successful driver in modern times, Callaway launch a seemingly endless list of Drivers. 4 models seems excessive. TM's SLDR has 3 options, white, grey or S (non-adjustable) but they effectively do the same thing, whereas the 3 Big Bertha models are targeting different people / do different things. I can understand the X2 Hot (similar to the Jetspeed) as a cheaper option. Just like you can buy the RBZ st.2 etc, you can still get the X Hot, Diablo, RAZR fit etc from Callaway, which puts them much higher on the available models list than TM.

But hey, whatever works for them I guess!

well when you win the next G M comp thats a fitting with one of these, you can tell us all about how great it is;)