Exclusive Forum Giveaway - Win a pair of the NEW FootJoy FURY golf shoes

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

FootJoy's new FURY golf shoe goes on sale today - you can see Joel's review of the shoe here - and to mark the occasion we have 2 pairs to give away in an exclusive Forum competition

As I'm sure you all know FJ are the sponsors of our GB&I Top 100 so to enter all you have to do is reply to this thread and let us know which course in the Top 100 you'd most like play, and why.

It could be a Top100 track you've played and want to return to or a Top100 course that has always been on your Bucket List but you haven't made it to yet

You can make your reply as long, or as short at you want.

I'll leave this open till Monday at noon and pick two Forum members from those who have contributed to win a pair or the new FJ FURYs

Good luck if you enter!

Mike

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would like to play Trump International Golf Links as it's one of the best new courses in Scotland IMO.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me I would like a return trip. Number 47 Siloth. It was stunning even in the Beast from the East of 2018. 5 layers, 2 pairs of socks and a thick hat and I still saw its beauty with 40 mile an hour winds and a wind chill factor of, I hate to think. Will definitely want to go back in better weather to see it in all of its summer glory

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
North Berwick. Why wouldn't you want to play there, the North East coast line is simply stunning, North Berwick is one of many courses on this stretch of coast line with beautiful views, a simply magnificent place to play golf.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hillside for me. Played it on a GM day with a raging hangover thanks to an extended curry evening and so would like to give it a try when I am on slightly better form.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me it would have to be St Andrews, mainly just because of the history of the course and to have a chance to walk where most of the greats of the game have played. St Andrews is my favourite place in the world to visit and one that holds great memories for my wife and I as we got engaged at the road hole during the fireworks at the Dunhill links in 2017.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched the blog on Adare Manor, looks to be beautiful and a fair test for all levels.This course would be my choice , I think even as someone with a high handicap I would still enjoy the course as there doesn't seem to be much rough , however there is a shed load of water and the greens look very tough.

Also even if my golf was crap , my feet would look awesome.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Has to be The Old Course, so much history.

I've twice stood around the first tee just watching players tee off and merely being there without any clubs set my pulse racing and senses tingling.

I was also there in 2005 to see some of the play when Jack played his last Open and Tiger won, not for the final day but even then the atmosphere was amazing.

Luckily I'll not be too disappointed if I don't win the shoes as the style of the "Fury" is a little too moderne for my tastes. ;)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would like a return trip to Royal Dornoch having heard rave reviews of this course I was somewhat disappointed especially with the first hole, but the last 6 holes were played in heavy rain and maybe this clouded my judgment.

So to get to play it again in fine weather would maybe give me a chance to appraise this iconic course better.

mikeb4

Head Pro
Visit site
I would love to play the Old Course in St Andrews, I am fortunate to stay in Fife but have never had the privilege to play the most famous golf course in the world. I am turning 50 next year and it is top of the bucket list!

D

Deleted member 15344

St Andrews The Old Course

It is the golf course that all golfers must experience and walk those steps that the greats and humble players of golf have walked - be Nicklaus for a day as you stand on the Swilken Bridge and just breath in the atmosphere of pure golf

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd love to play Trump Turnberry Ailsa, would tick multiple boxes - playing the number one rated course in the country, Open venue course and I remember playing it on computer games when I was younger.

D

Deleted member 25172

Royal Troon. To play the only course which has had a Swedish "The Open"-winner would be a fantastic experience. And based on the answers already in this thread, it seems all the tee times at the Old Course will be taken already! :)

Oh, and I actually really do need a new pair of golf shoes as well as my currents ones are falling apart.

Last edited by a moderator: