Exclusive Forum Giveaway - Win a pair of the NEW FootJoy FURY golf shoes

D

Deleted member 16999

Has to be The Machrie on Islay, a hidden gem and re-entry that very few will have experienced, had the pleasure of “walking it” 10 years ago and now with the update by DJ Russell the reviews just keeping getting better and better, firmly believe it will only keep moving up the ranks in the years to come and will end up on most golfers must play list.

D

Deleted member 21258

Oh its a tough one, do I pick the one course that stands out from all the others that I have played, it has aged oak sleeper steps into carnivorous bunkers and we received a great welcome from all concern including the pro shop/a lady member/starter and its sheer beauty of its great clubhouse which is known as Ganton or maybe the laughter that Royal Cinque Ports brings me when I look at the fairways/greens whilst playing or should it be Sunningdale Old for its shear beauty, or the course that tantalised and made me think the most whilst playing any round of golf at Royal Lytham & St Annes.

Na governor, think I will go for the one of the craziest locations a golf course can placed, the top 100 course called Old Head in Ireland. A course I would love to experience whether the heavens open on a cold wet winters day or on a glorious sunny day or even if the beast from the east visited. Please transport me there next week and I would be a happy boy. Sure beats working dreaming about, it at least.

Thanks Footjoy and GM, wheres the valium.:p

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I am really looking forward to playing Machrihanish Championship Course.

Got a 3 and a half hour drive planned from Glasgow in April to the Western edge of Scotland.

Me and a mate are intending to get 36 holes in, have a sandwich at half time and then sit down for a pub dinner after and get back to Glasgow before midnight!

Looking forward to this as it is so remote, it will be like you get a huge reward for travelling to somewhere so out of the way, where hopefully there is no phone signal, a warm welcome and a real old fashioned, classic links course.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to play West Byfleet, up until the age of 21 I lived on the opposite side of the tracks both in reality and metaphorically and always wondered what it would be like to play golf.

I left the area before I took up golf and was good enough.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Old course at St Andrews for me, the history that goes with it and just to experience it and say I’ve played it 😀

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Wentworth for me. I played it before the changes and shot 84 gross and would love to play it again with all the Els alterations.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all

FootJoy's new FURY golf shoe goes on sale today - you can see Joel's review of the shoe here - and to mark the occasion we have 2 pairs to give away in an exclusive Forum competition

As I'm sure you all know FJ are the sponsors of our GB&I Top 100 so to enter all you have to do is reply to this thread and let us know which course in the Top 100 you'd most like play, and why.

It could be a Top100 track you've played and want to return to or a Top100 course that has always been on your Bucket List but you haven't made it to yet

You can make your reply as long, or as short at you want.

I'll leave this open till Monday at noon and pick two Forum members from those who have contributed to win a pair or the new FJ FURYs

Good luck if you enter!

Mike

With regards to one I've played that I'd like to do so again, it would 100% be The Old Course, although I'm not sure a return visit could ever live up to my experience I had the first time I played it. I can remember every single shot and every single second.

In terms of one I'd like to play that I haven't, it would have to be the #1, Ailsa course at Trump Turnberry. The course looks absolutely stunning and is definitely a bucket list course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sunningdale for me, probably Old. I like beauty as well as a test in a golf course and everything I have seen regarding Sunningdale suggests it ticks both boxes. Having been lucky enough to play Turnberry last year, a course and clubhouse that totally changed my view of the quality of other clubs, I now have the taste for top 100 courses. Sunningdale offers that elite experience but as a bonus for me it is also heathland, my favourite style of course. One day................

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would most like to play the Grove, because it's the nearest one to where I live so that would be a great place to start! Also I don't drive so I'd have to factor in a cab fare. :LOL:

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I would like to play West Byfleet, up until the age of 21 I lived on the opposite side of the tracks both in reality and metaphorically and always wondered what it would be like to play golf.

I left the area before I took up golf and was good enough.

West Byfleet isn't a top 100 course but you're more than welcome anytime. Just drop me a message

I'd have to plump for Swinley. Heathland golf is my favourite, and it's the course i haven't played that I would most like to. Those par 3s 😍

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd love to play Lahinch Old course on a beautiful Summer evening. I've only played it once before and it was -10 in the wind and I played with an old set of MP32's. Although it was 4 years ago, I can still feel that thinned 3 iron on the 12th ringing through my fingers!!!!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So with last booboo in mind I would have to go to with Woking for a similar reason. Lived in and around Woking for a long time and it was course often heard about but I never got to play there before moving to the West Country. It would be nice to see what was part of Laura Davies becoming such a good player.

Albo

Visit site
I'd love to play Royal Birkdale having lived near there growing up and spending my days playing Southport Muni, looking out of the car window on the way to the course seeing Birkdale and wishing one day it would happen

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trump Turnberry Resort (Ailsa) would be my pick. I played it many years ago and it was fantastic then so it would be great to see the improvements first hand.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

FootJoy's new FURY golf shoe goes on sale today - you can see Joel's review of the shoe here - and to mark the occasion we have 2 pairs to give away in an exclusive Forum competition

As I'm sure you all know FJ are the sponsors of our GB&I Top 100 so to enter all you have to do is reply to this thread and let us know which course in the Top 100 you'd most like play, and why.

It could be a Top100 track you've played and want to return to or a Top100 course that has always been on your Bucket List but you haven't made it to yet

You can make your reply as long, or as short at you want.

I'll leave this open till Monday at noon and pick two Forum members from those who have contributed to win a pair or the new FJ FURYs

Good luck if you enter!

Mike
Carnoustie for me. I like a challenge and can it really be that hard? :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d like to return to Woburn the dukes .. I have played all 3 of the Woburn courses and it was my favourite