Exclusive Forum Giveaway - Win a pair of the NEW FootJoy FURY golf shoes

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The old course St Andrews
Played lots in Scotland but never quite made it to where all that history was made.
Seen it on the tv and think I know every hole .
Will get there one day, it’s on my list.
Be nice to play it in a nice pair of shoes.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst I would be delighted to play any of the top 100 courses, were I to be fortunate enough to acquire a pair of the new FJ Fury shoes, the additional spring in my step they provide would be perfectly tested on the links at Royal St Georges!
Enjoying the stability of my Hyperflex as I do the additional stability promised in the Fury will be icing on the cake.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst I would be delighted to play any of the top 100 courses, were I to be fortunate enough to acquire a pair of the new FJ Fury shoes, the additional spring in my step they provide would be perfectly tested on the links at Royal St Georges!
Enjoying the stability of my Hyperflex as I do the additional stability promised in the Fury will be icing on the cake.
You can try too hard you know!!!! 😂

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Muirfield for me .

Maureen Madill invited me to be her guest inside the ropes on the final practice day of the 2002 Open as part of the 5 live team . We were walking down what I thought was quite a wide path having just entered the course when I remarked on it being wide and she explained it was the fairway !!. On one of the par 3's Tom Watson said hello and we had quite a chat whilst he waited for the green to clear and I also got meet other various golfing celebs /players .

User20204

Visit site
It would have to be Turnberry for me, again. Unquestionably the best course I have ever played and I've played a few.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It would have to be the old course. Don't get me wrong, I have played it, but I just didn't " get it". It only cost me £30 and I felt ripped off at that. I was a bit rushed that day. I played rubbish. I was ignorant of its History. So would be nice to go back one day to the birthplace of golf and try to get a feeling of the place. Maybe spend a few days in and around St Andrews like Missis Tash did whilst I played and she thoroughly enjoyed it. End the day in a bar in St Andrews and not missing the bloody last ferry at 10.30 pm from Gourock to Hunters Quay having driven 107 bloody miles there ( via Edinburgh ) and back. Then having a bloody great detour back to erskine bridge, up the side of Loch Lomond and in bed at 01.00 am. Oh ah top days golfing that was.
Rant over.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Has to be St Andrews Old Course, to stress test my anger management, patience and bunker play. And just to say been there and done it.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Muirfield. Back in the early 70s I worked for the firm who audited Barratt Developments accounts. Sir Lawrie Barratt decided he wanted to play there so a match was arranged by one of the firm's partners who was a member there. Staff from both businesses were there and we were given the choice of playing singles of foursomes. Sir L decided that foursomes was "a more social game" so that's what we played. I was partnered by a 25 handicap occasional player who was off his game. We didn't manage to play one hole properly & it completely spoilt it for me, I was wishing we hadn't bothered. I've never had another chance to play there again. One of my big regrets.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Royal Dornoch - again. Simply stunning and the best course not to have staged the Open. And if like me you have a massive hook, you can stop & enjoy the wild raspberries on the way ...

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably a boring choice, but I would love to play Trevose again. Not only does it have some of the most sensational views in golf but the one time we played there, the assistant green keeper had scorched all of the greens! Should have been magical, need to see the course again in all its glory!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No 88 Ferndown Old.

Since the last 00’s me and my old mans hobby of tennis fell away as he couldn’t manage it with health. In the last 12 months he’s gotten into golf having, played in his early 20’s. Ferndown is the nearest course to his place, so would like to whoop him round there so he has a reminder each time he drives by 😂😂😂

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd love to go back to the new Machrie to see the changes. I had a fantastic 36 holes there over 2 sunny days in 2009 - solo rounds with an empty course so time savour what the course and location had to offer. I've followed the redevelopment on twitter with mixed feelings as I have such warm memories of the old course, but the pictures look incredible and so I'm keen to make new memories with a repeat pilgrimage - and if it coincided with the Islay Jazz festival so much the better!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately not in the top 100. Perhaps go for Tandridge ?;)

I will go for Royal Birkdale. Top ranked course in England, never played it, and I do like a good dune.(y)

Ahh, golf monthly ranked top 100....
I will go for Sherwood Forest then purely just to play the 130 yard 7th par 3 again.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Castle Stuart - I had an hour to kill before going to Inverness Airport to fly back from holiday with my wife, so we dropped in.
The staff were so welcoming after I had told them that I only had time to look around, that they deserve my custom.