Exclusive Forum Giveaway - Win a pair of the NEW FootJoy FURY golf shoes

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to be St Andrew's (Old Course) for me. Over hyped or not, it still remains the 'holy grail' of UK courses that MUST be played at least once in your golfing life.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Royal Lytham & St Anne’s for me. Ive managed to hit all the courses on England’s golf coast, from Wallasey, Hoylake, through Formby and Southport. Past the Preston docks and back up to Fairhaven, but I’ve never had a chance to play Lytham. Watched the Open there. Followed the likes of Tiger. Poulter. Zach Johnson (really nice chat with him on Tuesday practice after he’d arrived late due to wining the John Deere) Walked the fairways behind the teams playing the Walker Cup. Never hit a ball in anger there.

Plus how many links course can you play that are surrounded by houses. One. Just the one.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Planning on ticking off 'The Grove' this year.

They are hosting a Mizuno Pairs event late summer, and I've always wanted to play it after Tiger's WGC victory demolition over here, plus it looks quality everytime I see YouTube videos of it.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’d vote for Carnoustie.
I’ve watched all of the Opens played there during my lifetime on the telly, until the last one, which I went to watch in person.
It’s a beautiful looking course, incredibly tough but seems fair & always seems to bring out a deserving winner (if not an expected one).
...and what a finishing hole!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would really be the 'By invitation only course on Jura' which looks stunning, but will never get in the Top 100.... so I'll have to settle, quite happily, for Ballyliffin as, for me, it will always be a course on the Western-seaboard as the quality of the light adds so much the golfing experience & this addition is essential since most Top 100 courses leave me battered & defeated though with long lasting memories..... especially if my feet aren't sore 'cos I was wearing lovely, comfy Footjoys.... haha.. worth reading this far wasn't it 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Canmore

Assistant Pro
Visit site
St Andrews Old Course, with the benefit of the latest technology equipment, as the last time I played it was in the early 90s when I was a student there

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Hi all

FootJoy's new FURY golf shoe goes on sale today - you can see Joel's review of the shoe here - and to mark the occasion we have 2 pairs to give away in an exclusive Forum competition

As I'm sure you all know FJ are the sponsors of our GB&I Top 100 so to enter all you have to do is reply to this thread and let us know which course in the Top 100 you'd most like play, and why.

It could be a Top100 track you've played and want to return to or a Top100 course that has always been on your Bucket List but you haven't made it to yet

You can make your reply as long, or as short at you want.

I'll leave this open till Monday at noon and pick two Forum members from those who have contributed to win a pair or the new FJ FURYs

Good luck if you enter!

Mike
Notts GC (Hollingwell). Played in Hollingwell Trophy in 2015 after playing this course a few times in Society days. As with most Championship courses they come into their own off the Blue/Black Tees & Notts is no exception to the rule.
Majestic lines through wonderful landscape & more often than not without another golfer in sight.
Sitting in the wonderful, understated clubhouse watching fellow competitors coming down the 18th has always stuck in my mind. Yes, Notts GC will do it for me. https://www.nottsgolfclub.co.uk/visitors/open-competitions

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
I've changed my mind about 25 times trying to narrow this one down, but in the end kept coming back to Sunningdale Old Course, just one of those golf courses when I've seen it on TV that looks stunning, an amazing test of golf and really sticks in my mind as one I must play.

Although having typed that, those courses in Ireland, Walton Heath, The Open roster .........

NearHull

Visit site
Bought a charity auction 4 Ball a few years ago for the West Course at Wentworth. We were made very welcome and I must admit we were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost of coffee before the round. Its an iconic course and Being announced on the tee added to the experience. I’ve watched quite a few BMW competitions over the years and it was really interesting to judge our round against the Pro’s. My claim to fame was putting for an eagle on the 17th -slid it by, but a tap in birdie! Would love to go back again.

Wolf

Visit site
West Course at Wentworth for me, it's where my interest in golf really began watching the PGA and Matchplay on TV, then going to both events live as a teenager and finally getting to play there in my early 20s was a joy I'd love to go back there to play it to feel like that young lad again that watched his heroes like Seve, Faldo and Els all playing the course and making it enthralling viewing. Plus when I did play I played terrible so would like to correct that

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It would have to be the old course. Don't get me wrong, I have played it, but I just didn't " get it". It only cost me £30 and I felt ripped off at that. I was a bit rushed that day. I played rubbish. I was ignorant of its History. So would be nice to go back one day to the birthplace of golf and try to get a feeling of the place. Maybe spend a few days in and around St Andrews like Missis Tash did whilst I played and she thoroughly enjoyed it. End the day in a bar in St Andrews and not missing the bloody last ferry at 10.30 pm from Gourock to Hunters Quay having driven 107 bloody miles there ( via Edinburgh ) and back. Then having a bloody great detour back to erskine bridge, up the side of Loch Lomond and in bed at 01.00 am. Oh ah top days golfing that was.
Rant over.

I love the idea of trying to win a pair of golf shoes with a rant. Brilliant.

jpxpro

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has to be the old course st Andrews, it’s one of the few big courses in Scotland I’ve yet to play and having been at a couple of opens there it would be great to finally tick it off the bucket list

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I hope you win!

Murph, 😁👍
The full story is I was working at Harworth Colliery at the time and had booked a holiday at Hunters quay west of Glasgow. I had just got into golf the first time round and was taking the clubs with me along with Missis T, two sprogs and a boxer dog. Two days before I go, one of the lads in the Pit golf society asks me if I fancy playing at the old course as someone had dropped out. He had paid £90 to play Old and Queens I think it was. I was told £30 would get me on. I ummed and arred coz £30 was a fortune to me 25 yrs ago. Anyway I said yes. Tee off about 3.00 pm. So I drove from hunters Quay over on the ferry, across to Edinburgh ( highlight of the day) for a few hours and bought a pair of trousers as I never had a decent pair. Drove up to St Andrews and played. Quite frankly I was crap. To play, you had to have a hcap, which I didn't. My name was Billy Slicedit for the day and I was crapping bricks when they announced my other name on the first tee playing off 14 with people watching. How to god I managed to hit it I will never know. Anyway played the round. Jumped straight into me Austin Montego and blasted back to Gourock for the ferry. Missis T insisted I call into McDonalds for the kids. I told her we would miss the last ferry. We missed it by seconds. Back to Erskine, up the side of Loch Lomond and got back to the van Tomorrow. I was knackered. Oddly enough just mentioned to Missis T about this and she once more said St Andrews is lovely. In al honestly I dropped a clanger goin to Edinburgh, should of spent a few hours in St Andrews.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a look through them again few here close to me in Irl that i realy got to play . Old head . RCD for example.. but as boring as it may seem. if u said to me here u go man, 1 last round of golf .. to b ur last ever

St Andrews old ..

I love the tradition and golf romance of it ,id putt out on 18 and accept my fate with Been here done it. That will do .. goodnight

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Murph, 😁👍
The full story is I was working at Harworth Colliery at the time and had booked a holiday at Hunters quay west of Glasgow. I had just got into golf the first time round and was taking the clubs with me along with Missis T, two sprogs and a boxer dog. Two days before I go, one of the lads in the Pit golf society asks me if I fancy playing at the old course as someone had dropped out. He had paid £90 to play Old and Queens I think it was. I was told £30 would get me on. I ummed and arred coz £30 was a fortune to me 25 yrs ago. Anyway I said yes. Tee off about 3.00 pm. So I drove from hunters Quay over on the ferry, across to Edinburgh ( highlight of the day) for a few hours and bought a pair of trousers as I never had a decent pair. Drove up to St Andrews and played. Quite frankly I was crap. To play, you had to have a hcap, which I didn't. My name was Billy Slicedit for the day and I was crapping bricks when they announced my other name on the first tee playing off 14 with people watching. How to god I managed to hit it I will never know. Anyway played the round. Jumped straight into me Austin Montego and blasted back to Gourock for the ferry. Missis T insisted I call into McDonalds for the kids. I told her we would miss the last ferry. We missed it by seconds. Back to Erskine, up the side of Loch Lomond and got back to the van Tomorrow. I was knackered. Oddly enough just mentioned to Missis T about this and she once more said St Andrews is lovely. In al honestly I dropped a clanger goin to Edinburgh, should of spent a few hours in St Andrews.

Double love this. Still hope you win it!