New Bargains Thread

D

Deleted member 15344

What's a 'golf belt'?? A belt's just a belt isn't it?

It’s a belt made by golf manufacturers for the purpose of wearing with golf trousers. Most golf belts have been purposely made to fit nicely with golf trousers and golf shorts hence why I have 6 of them in various colours to fit with the multiple golf shirts , trousers and shorts in various colours. I’m one of the millions around the world who purchase golf clothing in various colours and made by various golf companies.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a belt made by golf manufacturers for the purpose of wearing with golf trousers. Most golf belts have been purposely made to fit nicely with golf trousers and golf shorts hence why I have 6 of them in various colours to fit with the multiple golf shirts , trousers and shorts in various colours. I’m one of the millions around the world who purchase golf clothing in various colours and made by various golf companies.
I just don't see what possible difference it can have to a regular belt. If Callaway put their logo on a pair of underpants do they become 'golf underpants'? Or are they just underpants with a Callaway logo on. :p

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
I just don't see what possible difference it can have to a regular belt. If Callaway put their logo on a pair of underpants do they become 'golf underpants'? Or are they just underpants with a Callaway logo on. :p
I agree but the same applies to golf shirts, trousers, sweaters, caps, etc!!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The idea though is from a nice dress belt .. do you really want that on a course? You use your golf one just for golf and keep the rest for best

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Disagree on the shirts. They're a different material to the type of polo you would find in next
Plenty of polyester polos on eBay which aren't 'golf shirts' for £6 upwards. I do buy Callaway shirts, Under Armour trousers, etc. but they're no more necessary than a branded belt!

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think the modern day golf top is a far cry from the old polos given the modern material and are incredibly comfortable to wear, much like the modern golf trousers, be it UA/Adidas etc but can't honestly recall any difference in how a belt feels while playing.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

There is no difference! What there is is consumer choice, you either buy it because you like it and you like your golf brands or you don't. In that case you chose whatever belt you like. Whether its golf specific brands or not you choose. Simple, no need to labour the point that you won't buy it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree but the same applies to golf shirts, trousers, sweaters, caps, etc!!!
Well, I think with golf shirts, trousers etc they can be made of more breathable material, and tend to be thinner material than non-golf polos for example. But the idea of a golf-specific leather belt just made me laugh. Marketing madness! Anyway, moving on...