My Thoughts on My Day with GM and Adams (Long Post)

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't had the pleasure of seeing what Greg can do with his usual clubs, but he was really getting it out there at the end of the range session! I personally didn't have one in the bag I was using so can't comment until our set arrives!

Cheers for that, look forward to reading about it.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to say I think adams are so underrated I have the XTD TI driver and hybrid they are so good.

Sounds like a fantastic day, glad you had a good time

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They really made a big deal about moving away from an image of 'better player clubs' to 'pick up and play' clubs - i.e. no need for a full fitting, customisation etc - just giving the player the knowledge and therefore confidence that the technology is there to help players launch the ball high and straight. They were fantastically forgiving, I can hardly remember a bad contact and I'm awful!

There wasn't a single mention of TM on the day - and didn't really make sense to bring it up at all so I can't shed any light there.

If I were to place bets, I would think that Adams will continue to play to their main strength in producing top end hybrids and FWs (such as the new Red range), and then focus on broader appeal/mass market clubs (Blue range) which is somewhat new to them. They'll leave the TM brand to deliver the top end irons and drivers and maybe back out of that market over the next few years. The whole day (there was a large event for rest of media after us) had a real 'brand re-launch' feel rather than a 'product launch' feel to it. This is just my opinion following the tone of the messaging we got on the day.

Got it - thanks.

I'm not surprised by this. It's a bold direction though as Adams going 'mass market' and moving away from 'better players clubs' (although the CB3s, for example, were GI but with great looks, great stock shaft and great forged feel) could alienate existing fans.

They'll likely have to drop certain key elements which kept fans coming back for more. Adams' current fans aren't fans because of the brand's mass-market appeal, so I can see why a brand re-launch would be necessary to build a critical mass of new potential consumers. Interesting and certainly one to watch.

Anyway, really glad you all had a great day. :)